Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Money

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Money » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 pm

I just did a search for "Ray" from my "Set Lineups" page to see where I have him today. It lit up all of my teams. I know full well I don't own him everywhere. It turns out that it picked up "Ray and gave me my John Gray and Sonny Gray teams as well.
Joe

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:30 pm

1. The first row in the FAAB player search is not aligned with the column. For example "Own" is right above the games started column.

2. Live Scoring for the desktop shows AB and IP but this does not show on mobile. This should be seen on mobile. On the desktop version you have a ton of open, wasted space.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:31 am

mdecav wrote:2. Live Scoring for the desktop shows AB and IP but this does not show on mobile. This should be seen on mobile.
Hey Mike, I think this has been addressed previously. This is due to space. There is more space on regular computers than there is on mobile so not all columns on live scoring will show up on mobile. In order for the page to be scaled for all devices and formats this is how it needs to be set up.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:32 am

mdecav wrote:1. The first row in the FAAB player search is not aligned with the column. For example "Own" is right above the games started column.
I've sent this to IT
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 am

I have to believe this has been mentioned. We used to be able to filter free agents stats by last week, last 2 weeks, last 3 weeks, etc. Being able to identify which free agents are getting at bats currently obviously matters. Will this come back?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:25 am

Driver Love wrote:I have to believe this has been mentioned. We used to be able to filter free agents stats by last week, last 2 weeks, last 3 weeks, etc. Being able to identify which free agents are getting at bats currently obviously matters. Will this come back?
That was added this week. On the Free Agents page you'll see an option labeled Season. If you click on that those filters will then appear that you can use to sort the stats.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 am

Money wrote:I just did a search for "Ray" from my "Set Lineups" page to see where I have him today. It lit up all of my teams. I know full well I don't own him everywhere. It turns out that it picked up "Ray and gave me my John Gray and Sonny Gray teams as well.
Following up on this Joe. This will happen with any search since it's identifying the word being typed in. If you want to specify for Robbie Ray, for example, type in Robbie and only he will show up.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:33 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
mdecav wrote:2. Live Scoring for the desktop shows AB and IP but this does not show on mobile. This should be seen on mobile.
Hey Mike, I think this has been addressed previously. This is due to space. There is more space on regular computers than there is on mobile so not all columns on live scoring will show up on mobile. In order for the page to be scaled for all devices and formats this is how it needs to be set up.
Following up on this with the additional space comment. I'm looking at the Live Scoring pages on a number of other sites and all have plenty of white space when using regular computers, laptops etc. I'm looking at one that has considerably more than we currently have. So that's going to happen if you're using a desktop, laptop etc. I don't see any way around that white space if you're using a computer like that.

One new feature I love on the site is the matchup option. When you click on another team in your league that lineup appears with live scoring, showing how your team is doing against that team. When we get later in the season and you're competing with a team for league prize money I expect that feature to be used frequently and people will love it. Point being, when you select that feature that removes the additional white space considerably. But again, I love that new feature and I expect it to become very popular.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 am

Is there any update on the ability of moving players positions after some games have locked?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:53 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Is there any update on the ability of moving players positions after some games have locked?
Not yet. We know that's a high priority item. No ETA right now but as soon as it's done we'll let you know.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
Following up on this with the additional space comment. I'm looking at the Live Scoring pages on a number of other sites and all have plenty of white space when using regular computers, laptops etc. I'm looking at one that has considerably more than we currently have. So that's going to happen if you're using a desktop, laptop etc. I don't see any way around that white space if you're using a computer like that.

One new feature I love on the site is the matchup option. When you click on another team in your league that lineup appears with live scoring, showing how your team is doing against that team. When we get later in the season and you're competing with a team for league prize money I expect that feature to be used frequently and people will love it. Point being, when you select that feature that removes the additional white space considerably. But again, I love that new feature and I expect it to become very popular.
I would much rather have the displayed live scoring be much more readable / presentable by having the white space reduced / eliminated and sacrifice the "side by side" comparison of two teams. Seems as if this is set up for "head to head" leagues. It is easy enough to just click another team to see how they are doing. I can see this being more of a football feature I suppose.

As it sits now - I randomly pick a competing team as to see my own team in a better format. When I switch to another league - have to do that all over again. Or....shrink the screen. Or....go to mobile. Silly really. Just my opinion.

Any update as to show us which pitcher is going on a given day - the "ball" that the old system had? Things like that really enhance the live scoring experience.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am

And also (and we did NOT have this with STATS), a small green or red light next to each players name on our roster to show us if he is starting that day. A hookup with RotoWire would be great for a useful tool like this, since they put out lineups very early....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:And also (and we did NOT have this with STATS), a small green or red light next to each players name on our roster to show us if he is starting that day. A hookup with RotoWire would be great for a useful tool like this, since they put out lineups very early....
I agree this would be great along with the starting pitcher designations. It would be a major enhancement.

I like the side by side in live scoring and agree it will get used more and more as season wears down.

I would like to see when you switch teams in live scoring it would also switch the league to the league that you are looking at. As an example if your'e looking at a main event teams live scoring and you switch to another league, you remain on the main event page. So when going to look at the live standings you get them main event live standings instead of the league that you switched to. You then have to go through the process of switching leagues again. The set lineups page is the only page that switches the leagues for you. Any chance the drop down in live scoring can do the same?
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am

Okay, several new updates today that you're really going to love. Let's post them all here first and then discuss:

Live Scoring
- Teams tab has been added which displays your YTD stats by category for all the teams in the league (this is to the left of the defaulted Rosters tab)
- When you change teams in live scoring, this team becomes your default team for Set Lineup, FAAB, Standings
- Reduced whitespace by moving game status next to the player name on larger screen sizes

Team Stats
- Cutline Leagues now display total Starting and Bench Points at the bottom

FAAB
- Added a sortable column with the date the player was added to the player pool
- Fixed bug where the Column headings were off by 1 column if a specific position was filtered

Set Lineup
- If you change to a different transaction period, and then change teams by clicking on your team on the left, it keeps the same transaction period selected

Player Profile
- Transaction History tab has been added which allows you to see which teams have added / dropped this player during the season in your league
- Add a Free Agency tab that allows you to bid on a specific player in any of your leagues from one screen. Also shows you if a free agent is available in all of your leagues

League Standings
- On mobile view, a long team name wraps around and writes on top of itself
- On mobile view, the rows are not vertically centered when the team name wraps around

Player Movement
- Has been upgraded to show which teams (and how many leagues) in each overall competition added / dropped players during a specific FAAB period and what the bid amounts were.

Player Search
- Magnifying glass has been added to the top navigation bar which allows you to type in a players name or team abbreviation and clicking on the player name will load the player profile
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:20 am

Okay, so now this is a BIG addition to free agency. Please check this one out:

Player Profile
- Add a Free Agency tab that allows you to bid on a specific player in any of your leagues from one screen. Also shows you if a free agent is available in all of your leagues

So check this one out. Click on your Transaction, Free Agents tab and type in Zack Wheeler in the Player Search box. Click on his name and it will take you to a box that has his Player Profile. Click on the Free Agency tab to the right.

A new box will pop up that shows you which of your leagues he is a free agent in. Then it allows you to bid for him in all of your leagues from that page. It allows you to put a bid amount, it shows you how much FAAB you have left and it allows you to list the player you want to drop. You can do that for every one of your leagues. Wow, this is very cool.

This could be the nicest tool we've added yet. Please check it out. Thanks to the IT guys.

There's also a Fantasy Transactions tab on that Player Profile page that shows you where he was added or cut in previous weeks and by which owners. That's a nice historical addition as well.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, so now this is a BIG addition to free agency. Please check this one out:

Player Profile

So check this one out. Click on your Transaction, Free Agents tab and type in Zack Wheeler in the Player Search box. Click on his name and it will take you to a box that has his Player Profile. Click on the Free Agency tab to the right.

A new box will pop up that shows you which of your leagues he is a free agent in. Then it allows you to bid for him in all of your leagues from that page. It allows you to put a bid amount, it shows you how much FAAB you have left and it allows you to list the player you want to drop. You can do that for every one of your leagues. Wow, this is very cool.

This could be the nicest tool we've added yet. Please check it out. Thanks to the IT guys.

There's also a Fantasy Transactions tab on that Player Profile page that shows you where he was added or cut in previous weeks and by which owners. That's a nice historical addition as well.
Just wanna second this since it is a huge and terrific upgrade. You folks are gonna LOVE this.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:33 am

wow just tried the new free agency tool

I absolutely love it

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:36 am

Wolfpac wrote:wow just tried the new free agency tool

I absolutely love it
Yeah for everyone with multiple teams this is a terrific new tool. We've been wanting to get this added and we're very pleased it's now out there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:wow just tried the new free agency tool

I absolutely love it
Yeah for everyone with multiple teams this is a terrific new tool. We've been wanting to get this added and we're very pleased it's now out there.
Awesome addition. FAAB just got easier and quicker! Thanks! Great work, guys!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, so now this is a BIG addition to free agency. Please check this one out:

Player Profile

This is a very cool add!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:07 am

Very, VERY cool changes.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

lrr

Post by lrr » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:08 am

New FAAB/bidding tool is fantastic! I guess it's too late to add another team.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 am

lrr wrote:New FAAB/bidding tool is fantastic! I guess it's too late to add another team.
Love it Leonard!! :lol: But we agree, this is the first tool we've had since the NFBC was started that really, really reduces the time you'll need to spend in free agency. I mean think of how we've been doing this in the past. Click on your Main Event team. Click on Free Agents. Wait for Free Agents to load. Find that free agent. Wait for him to come up, only to find out he wasn't available. Okay, click on your next Main Event team. Click on Free agents. Wait for Free Agents to load......you get the drill.

Now it's one search and click. And from there you can make bids in every single league that he's available in. Very nice.

Again, the goal was to save you time in free agency. FAAB was limiting our business. It still might, but if we can save you folks time each Sunday you'll enjoy the contests more and spend more time with your families. That's a win-win for everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am

Fantastic additions!! The faab addition is so great that I would think that the free agent tab from the player profile page would be the default when you enter that page. It is currently the news feed.

Great tools to have!
Joe

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:04 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
lrr wrote:New FAAB/bidding tool is fantastic! I guess it's too late to add another team.
Love it Leonard!! :lol: But we agree, this is the first tool we've had since the NFBC was started that really, really reduces the time you'll need to spend in free agency. I mean think of how we've been doing this in the past. Click on your Main Event team. Click on Free Agents. Wait for Free Agents to load. Find that free agent. Wait for him to come up, only to find out he wasn't available. Okay, click on your next Main Event team. Click on Free agents. Wait for Free Agents to load......you get the drill.

Now it's one search and click. And from there you can make bids in every single league that he's available in. Very nice.

Again, the goal was to save you time in free agency. FAAB was limiting our business. It still might, but if we can save you folks time each Sunday you'll enjoy the contests more and spend more time with your families. That's a win-win for everyone.
Greg - Not to minimize the other improvements, which are good, but I think this one really warrants a thread of its own. This is a real game-changer for owners with a lot of FAAB teams. LOVE this addition!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"