Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Philippe27

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Philippe27 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:19 pm

acesfull23 wrote:Did the dates go away from the FAAB results page? Makes it a little difficult
I don't see the dates either and when your own winning bids fall on a grey line, it's not highlighted in green like it should be.

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
acesfull23 wrote:Did the dates go away from the FAAB results page? Makes it a little difficult
I don't see the dates either and when your own winning bids fall on a grey line, it's not highlighted in green like it should be.
Seconded big time on this one, can the FAAB Results page be fixed so the players we get are all highlighted in Green, not just the ones that happen to fall on the White line vs the Gray line. Thanks!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Oaktown wrote:
Philippe27 wrote:
Seconded big time on this one, can the FAAB Results page be fixed so the players we get are all highlighted in Green, not just the ones that happen to fall on the White line vs the Gray line. Thanks!
This goes for the standings page as well. Confuses things a bit.

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Lg #580 is locked last 2 hours, please fix so I can make moves logged out logged in nothing
jody ryan

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Set Lineup page currently locked while FAAB is being run. It will be available shortly.
jody ryan

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

This goes for the standings page as well. Confuses things a bit.
Yes, I have sent to IT. We'll get this all updated.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

allstarme

Post by allstarme » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Hey Greg, any update on the mobile App?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:16 pm

allstarme wrote:Hey Greg, any update on the mobile App?
Yes, we just had a meeting today about that. The iTunes store has set the guidelines for what we need to do to be accepted and after being rejected once we are making some changes to be compliant. Google store also gave us guidelines and we are re-applying there as well. Both are headed in the right direction, but likely a little time away. They both have some qualifications for us as a pay-to-play fantasy game that we have to adapt to and change, but at least things are moving ahead.

As you know, we weren't accepted in both stores last year and didn't have an app for the NFBC. We think that once we get accepted this shouldn't be a problem going forward. The app is done and we think it's quite nice, so now we just have to get approved at both locations. We'll keep pushing.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
These were updated earlier today.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CASS

Post by CASS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Totals in live scoring still not there? it's the end of April. I'm slowly losing my patience for this site....these are basic things come on. The user experience right now is not good.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:29 pm

mdecav wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
mdecav wrote:2. Live Scoring for the desktop shows AB and IP but this does not show on mobile. This should be seen on mobile.
Hey Mike, I think this has been addressed previously. This is due to space. There is more space on regular computers than there is on mobile so not all columns on live scoring will show up on mobile. In order for the page to be scaled for all devices and formats this is how it needs to be set up.
Why is this not a space issue for Team Stats but it is for Live Scoring? For one you have the player name anchored and the stats can be scrolled through, but the other is a completely different screen showing the same exact data, except that it’s live data.
I did not see a response to this question.

In addition, on the Team Stats page, what is the purpose of "Today" stats? Is that supposed to be the same as Live Scoring? Because the numbers are not the same for today (Monday) if I were to choose "Today" versus "Week 5". But they should be the same for today (Monday). "Week 5" stats are the same as Live Scoring, but "Today" stats are not. Very confusing.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 am

CASS wrote:Totals in live scoring still not there? it's the end of April. I'm slowly losing my patience for this site....these are basic things come on. The user experience right now is not good.
Doug, on Live Scoring if you just click on Teams it takes you to the updated Fantasy year-to-date totals for your team and every team in that league. It's been there for weeks and updates in real-time. On the former site, that line of data was under your daily totals on Live Scoring, but this gives you even more info with just one click on Live Scoring. And then you can click right back to daily totals by clicking on Rosters in Live Scoring. Maybe we need to lead people to some of these new features by doing a better job of announcing them.

You can also sort every single category in real-time under Teams. It sure seems to be a better feature than what we had before.

Check out the Games link for today's boxscores and check out the Players link for the best individual results of the day. You can sort the Players link by category, which shows you the best performances for any stat category. They sure seem to help the user experience from what we had before, not hinder it. Oh, and Live Scoring has worked every night, something we didn't always have in the past.

Hopefully this leads you and others to areas of the site you didn't see before. If we aren't doing a good enough job of telling folks about these nice features, then it's on us. Or maybe you don't like the way it's set up. Either way, we're just trying to help. Good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lrr

Post by lrr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:04 am

Greg, I didn't realize you could see that info in live scoring by clicking on teams. It's an excellent feature. I think many of us don't know all of the info that's on the new site. It probably will take time to navigate all the new features.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 am

lrr wrote:Greg, I didn't realize you could see that info in live scoring by clicking on teams. It's an excellent feature. I think many of us don't know all of the info that's on the new site. It probably will take time to navigate all the new features.
Agreed Leonard, but don't be afraid to click around the site. You can't break anything by clicking on those added links. And it really doesn't take you off the Live Scoring page. It's just an easy extra click and it has real-time stats for every team in your league. It has more info than ever before, not less. The Team Stats page is another really nice addition and it has a lot of different pulldowns. Use that page for added stats as well.

Again, if we haven't promoted these features well enough it's on us. Maybe they get buried in this thread. But click around and have some fun with the site. More is definitely there, even though we still need to add some more to it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lrr

Post by lrr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 am

Thanks, Greg.

I checked. The teams tab addition on live scoring was mentioned as an addition in a thread on April 13. It was in a long list and I just missed it. I only mention this because for me this is probably one of the most important adds and I will use it every day. The ability to see how you are doing in every category in real time is invaluable. Thanks again for this great feature.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:57 pm

I don't use live scoring a lot but when I do I always check to see which daily category changes (+1.5 HR, -1 ERA) are impacting results. I can see total point change by team but not why points are changing. Is that somewhere else?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:10 pm

KJ Duke wrote:I don't use live scoring a lot but when I do I always check to see which daily category changes (+1.5 HR, -1 ERA) are impacting results. I can see total point change by team but not why points are changing. Is that somewhere else?
Click on Standings and pull down to League. Those standings are updated in real-time and show category point changes. In the past, that was a static page that kept yesterday's standings. This is now always changing and updating in real-time. It's one click over from Live Scoring to Standings, League for this. Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:I don't use live scoring a lot but when I do I always check to see which daily category changes (+1.5 HR, -1 ERA) are impacting results. I can see total point change by team but not why points are changing. Is that somewhere else?
Click on Standings and pull down to League. Those standings are updated in real-time and show category point changes. In the past, that was a static page that kept yesterday's standings. This is now always changing and updating in real-time. It's one click over from Live Scoring to Standings, League for this. Hope that helps.
I couldnt tell if that shows daily or period changes.

Money

Post by Money » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
I couldnt tell if that shows daily or period changes.
While the live scoring individual stats are updated within moments after each play, the live standings wether in the live scoring page or the team stats page are delayed by a matter of minutes. I'm not sure if it's done at the completion of each inning or what.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Live standings has so much data that it updates every 10 minutes, I believe.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Can we add positions next to the players name on our FA Que Lists? Some of these young guys are tough to keep track of position wise early in the season and if you need just a MI it would nice to easily scan done your list and see who needs to removed, moved up, etc. So it would be Aguilar, J - 1b, not just Aguilar, J.

Speaking of young guys and keeping track of players.. it would be nice to have a search tool that allows you to search for a player and see what team they may be on, if any. Last week we were looking for Beuhler but if he wasn't a FA then you didn't know if he wasn't listed due to being non-drafted and in the minors or if he was on a team. Sure i can go to the draft page and command F and find out but it feels like unnecessary steps and this won't be last week someone like him gets the call. previously you could search for someone like that and if you couldn't add them to your FA list you could "track them" for when they became available.

thanks for the continued work...

lrr

Post by lrr » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Swamp Fox,

There may be other ways to find out if a minor leaguer like Buehler is on a team, but I find it as follows. When you are on the free agent page, where it says free agents, that is a drop down. The next item is "owned". So when you type in Buehler as a free agent and nothing appears, just change the drop down to "owned' and it will show what team he is on. I find this to be an easy way to find out if someone is owned.

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:25 pm

swamp fox wrote:Can we add positions next to the players name on our FA Que Lists? Some of these young guys are tough to keep track of position wise early in the season and if you need just a MI it would nice to easily scan done your list and see who needs to removed, moved up, etc. So it would be Aguilar, J - 1b, not just Aguilar, J.

Speaking of young guys and keeping track of players.. it would be nice to have a search tool that allows you to search for a player and see what team they may be on, if any. Last week we were looking for Beuhler but if he wasn't a FA then you didn't know if he wasn't listed due to being non-drafted and in the minors or if he was on a team. Sure i can go to the draft page and command F and find out but it feels like unnecessary steps and this won't be last week someone like him gets the call. previously you could search for someone like that and if you couldn't add them to your FA list you could "track them" for when they became available.

thanks for the continued work...
Just go to the top right and search for any player. Click on the player and click the free agency tab to the right. Tells you who owns or if the player is a free agency in all your leagues.

CASS

Post by CASS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Live scoring still does not have previous total and current totals....is this just not ever getting done? Living scoring this year vs last year is a huge downgrade....from page layout to features it's terrible.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:20 am

CASS wrote:Live scoring still does not have previous total and current totals....is this just not ever getting done? Living scoring this year vs last year is a huge downgrade....from page layout to features it's terrible.
We answered this question above Doug. Current totals are on Live Scoring by clicking Teams. You can sort every category in real-time and current totals are there and have been there for weeks now. Check it out.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius