Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

rmurph3

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by rmurph3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:42 am

I disagree... the nice thing about the popup is that it doesn't disturb the work you've done on the lineup page. I'll frequently click on, say, a DL'd player to see his latest news update, while I'm in the middle of updating lineups. You can do that while not losing the work you've done on the lineup page. If it's not a popup and you instead get brought to a new page with the player news, you lose the lineup edits in progress.
Ray Murphy, http://www.BaseballHQ.com
Men Without Helmets

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 am

fwicker wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:41 pm
When in Set Lineup it's natural to click on a player to see how he's doing. In NFBC this creates a "pop-up" ... most other sites create a new window. And this is a usability thing .... when I click on back-arrow, as I do for most other sites in this same sequence I'm no longer in Set Lineup. So my suggestion is that instead of a pop-up when clicking on a player in Set Lineup, create a new window so that to return to Set Lineup it's a more natural back arrow.
Greg, you just have to click the x in the upper right of that popout page to return to Set Lineup. Everything stays right there for you.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:36 am

I realize that Greg ... this is more of an ease of use comment vs. not working.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 am

rmurph3 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:42 am
I disagree... the nice thing about the popup is that it doesn't disturb the work you've done on the lineup page. I'll frequently click on, say, a DL'd player to see his latest news update, while I'm in the middle of updating lineups. You can do that while not losing the work you've done on the lineup page. If it's not a popup and you instead get brought to a new page with the player news, you lose the lineup edits in progress.
I agree with this. I like the new setup much better.
Joe

mother

Post by mother » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Greg, is there a reason why for the iOS version of the Live Scoring page, it still does not show ABs or IPs? Since updates on all other stats are available in real time, it would seem like this wouldn't be too hard to implement?

Thanks!