March 24th Main Event Draft Orders Are On Team Pages

Greg Ambrosius

March 24th Main Event Draft Orders Are On Team Pages

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:19 pm

We have 10 Main Event leagues scheduled for Las Vegas and Online on Saturday, March 24th. All of the correct draft orders are on your team pages now. Go to your team page for the correct draft order.

We apologize for the confusion today when two emails were sent out. KDS ran just once and as soon as it ran it was posted on everyone's team pages. Nothing has changed there. KDS ran correctly, it ran only once and it was immediately posted to everyone's team page. An email also went out immediately to everyone with the draft order.

Unfortunately a second email went out to everyone at the exact same time as well that was not supposed to go out. The IT team loaded every Main Event league into our dev site earlier because it needed to test out FAAB before it runs on Sunday. We are testing the Roster Watch tool to make sure that every league functions as expected when it comes to finding free agents in your league. FAAB is ready to go, but we will continue testing against the leagues that are set up now to make sure everything runs well. When the IT group loaded those leagues into the dev site, it did not turn off the "send email" function and unfortunately that email for the dev site also went to all Main Event owners.

We certainly apologize for that and we know it has caused some confusion. But I can tell you that the KDS that ran for your league ran just once, it ran correctly on the site and the correct draft orders are on all of your team pages. One of the two emails was incorrect and we definitely apologize for that, but the correct draft order is on your team pages and in your draft room for that league.

We can't have mistakes like this on Christmas Day, but I know that KDS ran correctly for every league today. I know some folks got better draft positions on the dev site, but there is no prize money on the dev site. ;) Just testing. We screwed up by not checking the "send email after KDS runs" button on the dev site, but I promise that KDS ran correctly for all 10 Main Event leagues on the game site and is posted correctly on everyone's team pages.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully you got a draft spot you like, but I think we all know that you can win from any spot this year. Best of luck to everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Le Grand Orange

Re: March 24th Main Event Draft Orders Are On Team Pages

Post by Le Grand Orange » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Thanks for the explanation Greg. It was like waking up on Christmas Day, seeing that shiny new blue bike, then rubbing your eyes and seeing an ugly sweater in its place. The good news is that we'll be in Vegas drafting fantasy baseball teams, so who has it better than us?
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Money

Post by Money » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Le Grand Orange wrote:Thanks for the explanation Greg. It was like waking up on Christmas Day, seeing that shiny new blue bike, then rubbing your eyes and seeing an ugly sweater in its place. The good news is that we'll be in Vegas drafting fantasy baseball teams, so who has it better than us?
I'd say the kid that ended up with your shiny new blue bike. :)
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Le Grand Orange wrote:Thanks for the explanation Greg. It was like waking up on Christmas Day, seeing that shiny new blue bike, then rubbing your eyes and seeing an ugly sweater in its place. The good news is that we'll be in Vegas drafting fantasy baseball teams, so who has it better than us?
Yeah, I love being your Santa Clause, but I had no intention of giving you a great present and then yanking it away. Heck, I was so proud that every league filled so perfectly 15 minutes before the FAAB deadline that I was ready to pop open a drink. Then 20 minutes later I was really ready to drink!! :oops:

We just had a teleconference with IT and they were extremely apologetic. They understood the problem they created. They felt terrible. But as they said, they were trying to be pro-active on FAAB and recreate everything that you folks are going to see in free agency today and meant to spend the next couple of days making sure FAAB works perfectly. They did everything right except turn off the "send email" link after they recreated the leagues on dev.

I'm 100% confident that the draft orders everyone has are the draft orders the computer picked for everyone. Simple as that. But never again can double emails go out. That just sucks the life out of Christmas Day. Sorry all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius