Edwards Bay Fox Pen NYC Tour 2018

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Edwards Bay Fox Pen NYC Tour 2018

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 07, 2018 3:03 pm

This was Wayne's post last Thursday that needed to be transferred over from the old boards:

"Daniel Norris underwent successful surgery Thursday to relieve pressure on his groin.

Norris was placed on the disabled list Monday and is expected to be sidelined for the next 8-12 weeks. He had registered a 5.87 ERA in 15 1/3 innings (two starts, three relief appearances) this season for Detroit."

These millennials....the only thing I needed to relieve groin pressures was a little quality time in the bathroom and a dog-eared copy of "National Geographic"....and I would ready to go (again) in 10 minutes, not 8-12 weeks...

"The MRI on Jacob deGrom's right elbow showed no structural damage, but he is expected to miss at least four starts.

The 29-year-old right-hander hyperextended his elbow while swinging the bat in Wednesday's game against the Braves. The tests results bring relatively good news considering some of the alternatives, but deGrom will be on the disabled list through at least early June. He's sitting on a terrific 1.87 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, and 54/11 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings (seven starts) this season."

FOUR STARTS....

I have Newcomb in my Auction League and DeGrom in my Main...was enjoying an ideal game when you have "your" pitchers facing one another...can't replace a No. 1....damn...but....

"Mets manager Mickey Callaway said Thursday that he expects Jacob deGrom (elbow) to make his next start Monday against the Reds.

Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News reported Thursday morning that deGrom would miss at least four starts with a hyperextended right elbow, but it sounds like that was inaccurate. The 29-year-old right-hander is planning to throw Friday and there should be something more official after that workout. He injured the elbow on a swing Wednesday night against the Braves. An MRI showed no structural damage."

Now I need a cigarette...and a "National Geographic"!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 am

Another repost from the old boards....

Luck counts.

Matt Adams was, not surprisingly until last week, available in 28 of the 34 Main Event leagues. Matt drained a lot teams free agent budgets, with bids ranging as high as $251 (19 bids of $101 or more).

My primary first baseman has been Logan Morrison. While he has done slightly better lately, up until now he has sucked swamp water. So I have been looking for alternatives, starting for less than appetizing alternatives as Valbuena (draft), Valencia, and Moreland. So last week I went after Tyler Austin ($26), which was not really even close to the winning bid of $52. Austin sucked last week, so ok. My next choice was Brad Miller…no one wants him…for $3. Wrong. Winning bid on Miller was $55! Miller actually had a pretty good week, just not for me. I almost didn’t even had a third choice, but decided what the hell…$3 for Matt Adams.

I admit I used Adams only half a week in Utility (Morrison actually had a good week), but with Minnesota in St. Louis, Morrison will play only about two games in the first part of the week, so Adams is an easy start…and hits two homeruns Monday. He has already been worth $3.

Lucky getting a player before he gets hot. Love being lucky sometimes….
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 29, 2018 5:22 pm

End of May and we are about one-third of the way through the season. I haven’t added anything here for a while…but we know a few things by now.

Too late to be early….too early to know how it is going to turn out. By now our teams personalities have started to show themselves. So much we assumed about our teams after the drafts have proven that once again, our crystal balls are a bit murky. Got Betts (ADP #6)…smiley face. Got Kershaw (ADP #5)…not so much. But it goes deeper than that. Thought you had saves locked down? Were you right? Steals? Power? Starters? As always, the draft (especially live) is the funnest part of the event (winning is the most gratifying, but the draft is fun) but as of right now we are hip deep in the marathon (or 26 consecutive sprints if that is your perspective) of in-season management…the grunt work.

Managing your free agent budget is part of that in-season management. You have four months left to go. How much do you want to have for the last month…the stretch run? Have you been miserly…still have more than half? Already been all in on a few players? How has that worked out for you? Absent trades the only way to improve our teams is through the FA pool, one of the reasons we use our FA budget. The other…to fill the hole left by the (damn) 10-Day DL especially if we are not blessed with a reserve roster player just to slide in. For example, catchers…few of us “waste” one of our precious seven reserve spots for catchers, so when one of ours goes on the DL, we start looking to see if Sal Butera can help us. I do not know how many of the 252 free agents purchased in my league through last Sunday fall into the DL class, but here is a little I do know:

1) Those 252 winning bids have used up $8,231 (or 55%) of the $15,000 to available FA money. Using more than half in the first third of the season is reasonable especially if you want to invest in players you want to get material use out of this season.
2) The problem is churn. So 119 of those 252 players have already been released. If you go back two weeks (i.e. so players bought Sunday would not have been released yet and the players bought two Sundays ago may mostly still have some use), 114 of 190 players have been churned (60%).
3) We hold our high dollar purchases a bit more (which is good). Only three of ten (again only going through 5/13) with $100 plus ($105 to $659) have been cut. There have been 24 winning bids of $50 to $99 ($50 to $94). 15 (62.5%) have already been released. 19 of 43 (43%) of those winning bids down to $25 have churned. And so on. In short, that is $3,407 of FA money no longer on our rosters.
4) I have been mostly in the filling injury holes mode. I have won 23 players, of which 16 (nearly 70%) are no longer on my team. Ouch, but with losing Andrus and Souza for most of the year I have been churning….mostly outfielders…as well as a couple of catchers early. Having Logan Morrison as my primary 1B has had me putting out a few flyers on guys who might get “hot” in that role.
5) Of those 252 winning bids, 160 (63%) had at least one runner up bid. That means just under 37% (92 winning bids) had no runner up bid.
6) Other than an ill-timed $659 (highest bid so far this year in my league) bid on Tyler O’Neill (who was subsequently released) that had no runner-up bid, the highest bid for a no-runner-up bid player was $64.
7) 169 of 252 players purchased (67%...that is two-thirds for you non-accountants) could have been won for $10 of less. That would have been $1,690 in FA money. Instead, we spent just over $3,000.
8) For the other 83 players, we spent $5,229. Total RU bids….$3,438.

In my league, as I have found in most years I have played, there is a pretty even split between misers and spenders. Five teams have $330 or less left (two less than $100) and includes two teams in the top five as of 5/27. Welcome to the bargain basement. Five teams have between $561 and $428. Please, welcome to the store…and use the front door. Five teams have between $627 and $854 (spend some money will you Roy! You are just holding it to piss me off, aren’t you?) :D . Two of the top five teams are in this group and when we get to the store, we get the concierge service (in the South that means you get a Royal Crown cola AND a Moonpie!). I am in this no-spend group, well behind Roy with $700 remaining. My goal, as in prior years, is to enter the last month with at least $75-$100 left. If I want somebody in slack September when we are all scrambling for AB, starts, and saves, I want to be able to get them.

Up until then, I have enough to make a big play (think Bellinger from last year if I can do a better job of recognizing the impact) or two until I join the other losers in the bargain basement.

For my team, I know I have been very lucky on some fronts. While I have popped a few small bids on potential third closers (two of twenty-three players purchased…O’Day $1 and released, Oh $13). I needed two catchers early (Pina and Butera…together $26 total), I have spent $43 on five cornermen hoping to catch a little lightning. I did get lucky there for example with a $3 Matt Adams, though when Murphy, Zimmerman and Eaton comes back, he will play much less. I have also spent $153 dollars on nine outfielders to shore up the weakest area of my team…one last week (Calhoun $25) and three others still on my team and starting (Profar $21, Heredia $13, and Joyce $12). Man, I need Souza and K. Davis back.

The luck is in pitching. With the exception of Ryu, who I still was able to use for six starts with excellent results, and the week where deGrom was/wasn’t hurt, I have been pretty healthy there. All of my 75 starts, except four, have come from the starters I drafted. I streamed Wainwright for one (7 IP, 3 ER) just because I liked the matchup (Milwaukee) and Yarbrough for thee (yes, I know someone else “started” two of them, but he was the true starter…2 wins, 18.1 IP, 1.47 ERA, 1.09 WHIP). I still have Yarbrough on my team ($12 of the $64 total I spent on starters so far), Wainwright, Brault, and Andriese (twice) not so much.

Anyway, just some dribble on free agents and free agent money management.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:27 am

I really do not expect much anymore as the johnny-kick that is life has taught me not to. I know the Potemkin Village that is Washington D.C. will continue to disappoint. I know my doctor will be smiling when he tells me I weigh too much, pee too much, and generally loaded with other maladies that lead me to believe I have the remaining life expectancy of a dragon fly (ever seen a fat, old dragon fly?). I know that what we shouldn't do today will be ok tomorrow based on some recent reported break through (and visa versa).

But when I have two pitchers (deGrom and Velasquez) pitch two games each in a week, pitch 26 innings in those four games, give up only five runs in total, and strike out 36 (on only 20 hits and 8 walks), I would expect a couple of wins...

Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm

In a surprise move, the Braves first round pick is a....PITCHER!

"Braves selected RHP Carter Stewart out of Eau Gallie HS (Fla.) with the eight pick of the 2018 MLB Draft.

Stewart is famous for his curveball; a pitch that has loads of spin and can make hitters from both sides of the plate swing and miss. He also has a fastball that touches 98 mph, and he's working on a change that should be a fine third pitch. The command comes and goes, but that's true for a lot of 6-foot-6, 200 pound teenagers. The upside here competes with any pitcher in the draft."

Charles Krauthammer

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Thank you mlb again for waiting until Tuesday to break important injury news (J Montgomery, Alex Reyes, etc) when it helps only Cutline FAABers.

Woe to the manager who rostered Jurickson Profar when Adrian Beltre got hurt then benched JP when AB came off the DL.

Profar has HR in three straight AB. Is he starting to show he can produce post-post-post hype?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 am

Deadheadz wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 pm
Thank you mlb again for waiting until Tuesday to break important injury news (J Montgomery, Alex Reyes, etc) when it helps only Cutline FAABers.

Woe to the manager who rostered Jurickson Profar when Adrian Beltre got hurt then benched JP when AB came off the DL.

Profar has HR in three straight AB. Is he starting to show he can produce post-post-post hype?
Yeah...I got lucky with Profar as I am using him both in my Auction (needed a SS with Russell hurting/sucking) and in the Main (where I desperately need Ofers). Still it will be hard to sit Profar given how he has shown improvement...Beltre and Choo are not the best bets to stay healthy....and there is a certain Odor in Arlington....

Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:18 pm

"Mike Soroka (shoulder) struck out seven while yielding just one run on three hits and one walk in his first rehab start with Triple-A Gwinnett on Thursday.

This is after he tossed 3 2/3 perfect innings in a rehab outing with Low-A Rome last week. Soroka got his pitch count up to 73 on Thursday and will make one more rehab start before rejoining the Braves' rotation. Now is the time to stash him if he's been dropped."

Well...almost. He pitched Wednesday night as I was there. Surprising in that there were very few (perhaps six) scouts in attendance.

Yes, it was obvious he was on a very strict pitch count. Of the three hits, one was a solid single up the middle and the run he gave up was on two no-doubt doubles (one guy actually ended up on third as Xavier Avery and the centerfielder whom I cannot remember his name fumbled around with the ball at the wall allowing the runner to take the extra base). But no matter...the second double scored the run. Other than that one spot in the game, Soroka was totally in control. I could not see how fast his heat was, but if I had to guess, I would say 92-93 mph. He throws a slider that seems to me to have two looks and comes in at the mid-80's. He also uses an off-speed pitch/change-up that just drops off the planet (if it cracked 80 mph, I would be surprised). Nothing that made you go "Holy Shit!", but plus pitches all. Nothing about his motion appears wonky either...what I saw was smooth and repeatable. Pitched like he was comfortable.

All well and good, but what impressed me the most was he was pounding the zone. Until the last batter he faced, he never went to a three ball count (the last batter was the one he walked after a full count and Berryhill came and got him....he was at his pitch count anyway). Lots (I am talking 80%+) of first ball strikes (I got distracted and lost my count when he was 10 first pitch strikes on the first 12 batters he faced) and a goodly number of swinging strikes, especially when he used his slider/changeup. Those three hits were pretty much the only balls the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs got around on. No long, loud outs...a few cans of corn, but mostly K's and grounders. Even few of the foul balls were impressive.

Very young...will turn 21 in a couple of months...but I would love to have him on my team, especially in starts versus Miami or San Diego. Otherwise I expect some up and down, but man I think he can make a solid #2 or #3 for years to come.
Charles Krauthammer

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Nice scouting report. I like this kid, too. Got him on one team and am looking forward to being able to use him.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:40 am

Bronx Yankees wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:04 pm
Nice scouting report. I like this kid, too. Got him on one team and am looking forward to being able to use him.

Mike
I think you will kike him, Mike. He just looked "ready".
Charles Krauthammer

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:40 am
Bronx Yankees wrote:

Mike
Looks like the Braves agree. Read somewhere that he’s coming back into the rotation for a start this week.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 am

Yes...lining up for Julio's spot. Against the Mets, which might be a pretty good start, though he should pitch against Wheeler who is just about the only Mutt pitcher not in rehab, the trainers room, in counseling, having gender modification surgery, in a methadone clinic, or suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.....
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:22 am

"Rays placed INF Daniel Robertson on the 10-day disabled list with a left hamstring injury.

Robertson exited Sunday's game with left hamstring tightness and it turns out that he'll require an extended absence. The Rays should provide an update on a timetable soon. Willy Adames has been called up from Triple-A and will cover shortstop duties for now."

And now the Rays have a roster spot open thanks to this "left hamstring tightness" (sounds so serious doesn't it!) that will "require an extended absence", so....

"Rays recalled SS Willy Adames from Triple-A Durham.

Adames has returned with Daniel Robertson (hamstring) hitting the disabled list. The highly-touted prospect had a brief stint with the big club last week, but he could have an extended stay this time around. Adames, 22, was batting .286/.356/.424 with four homers and three steals over 54 games in Triple-A this season. Assuming the at-bats are there, he should be on the mixed league radar."

Huh...what luck that Adames was ready to fill in for this devastating "left hamstring tightness"...

I wonder what other serious maladies are lurking...jock itch...hang nail...bad hair cut..."I feel fat today!"....
Charles Krauthammer

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:47 am

As you so wisely pointed out to me Bartolo Colon last man standing. He is the Keith Richards of MLB.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Donacion wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:47 am
As you so wisely pointed out to me Bartolo Colon last man standing. He is the Keith Richards of MLB.
Ha! That is the truth. It takes light approximately 2.54 million years to traverse the gulf of space between Earth and the Andromeda Galaxy. Given the space to travel to his brain, this is about the same amount of time it would take an injury to register with Bartolo!
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I do not have Dylan Bundy. In my ME league, Mr. Lowy has him.

"Manny Machado is not in Monday's lineup against the Red Sox.

He's presumably just getting a breather. Jace Peterson will make the start at shortstop and bat ninth."

Machado will never let anyone forget Ozzie Smith at shortstop, but Peterson? Uggggg.....I almost (almost) feel sorry for Bundy owners.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:48 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:53 pm
I do not have Dylan Bundy. In my ME league, Mr. Lowy has him.

"Manny Machado is not in Monday's lineup against the Red Sox.

He's presumably just getting a breather. Jace Peterson will make the start at shortstop and bat ninth."

Machado will never let anyone forget Ozzie Smith at shortstop, but Peterson? Uggggg.....I almost (almost) feel sorry for Bundy owners.
Bundy 8.0 innings, no earned runs, seven K's, three hits, two walks....shows what I know! :lol:
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 am
Edwards Kings wrote:
Bronx Yankees wrote:

Mike
Looks like the Braves agree. Read somewhere that he’s coming back into the rotation for a start this week.

Mike
How is that for a first start back, Mike? :lol:

Yes...Yes...I have deGrom! :shock:
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Poor deGrom (and by deGrom, I mean me). Last five games, five total earned runs, 36.0 IP (four outings of 7.0 IP and one of 8.0), 44 K's....no wins!
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:39 am

OK...I thought the Braves changing their AAA franchise name from...the Gwinnett "Braves"...to the Gwinnett "Stripers" (it is a game fish in the bass family and we have a lot of them in Lake Lanier near where the AAA team plays) was kind of silly (though still better than some of the other options passed around like "Buttons"...Button Gwinnett signed the Declaration of Independence as a representative from the colony of Georgia....and "Lamb Chops). But somehow I now feel better...

"A minor league baseball team in New York says it will rebrand itself as the "Staten Island Pizza Rats" -- at least for five home games this season.

The Staten Island Yankees announced Monday that they were honoring a 2016 fan vote to change their name, and will be selling merchandise promoting the new one. "Pizza Rats" emerged as the winning moniker in the Name the Team contest, when fans voted overwhelmingly for the infamous pizza-slice-carrying subway rodent seen in a viral video."

Don't forget your merchandise!

Charles Krauthammer

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Bronx Yankees wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 am
Edwards Kings wrote:

Mike
How is that for a first start back, Mike? :lol:

Yes...Yes...I have deGrom! :shock:
He’s a keeper, Wayne. I like his stuff. I also like his strong control. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, though; remember what team he stymied.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm
Poor deGrom (and by deGrom, I mean me). Last five games, five total earned runs, 36.0 IP (four outings of 7.0 IP and one of 8.0), 44 K's....no wins!
Amazing, isn’t it? Got deGrom on several teams. Guy has been a complete stud, but he’s got no margin for error. Dude gets no run support. (Thought to self: he’d look pretty good in pinstripes. :lol: )

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am

Bronx Yankees wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm
Edwards Kings wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm
Amazing, isn’t it? Got deGrom on several teams. Guy has been a complete stud, but he’s got no margin for error. Dude gets no run support. (Thought to self: he’d look pretty good in pinstripes. :lol: )

Mike
I do not know if Lowy has seen this...if he hasn't, that last thought made him shiver anyway and break out in a cold sweat no cigarette can cure! 8-)
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Getting lucky.

No…not that lucky. Getting fantasy baseball lucky.

For a couple of years my teams have been predicated on strong pitching. Just because you invest high picks in pitching does not mean you will necessarily have a good staff, but this year I do. My two closers have been good and great (Allen and Diaz) which has kept me in the sweet 11.0 to 13.0 point range. I may have to use a third closer at some time, but right now, I have a good chance to stay in that 85-90 save range over the year. My first two starters, Carrasco and DeGrom have looked really good mainly because DeGrom has been other worldly. Carrasco has been “OK” but not a staff ace. In this era his K-rate has been a rather pedestrian just over a strike out per inning pitched and he has been subject to the occasional blow-up (he has had his ass chewed twice by the Twins including the last time where he could only stop the bleeding by stopping a batted ball with his arm, by the Astros, Mariners and the BlueJays). My third starter was a bust (Samardizja), but Porcello and Folty have been gold. Velasquez has been good (i.e. waffling between awesome and scary bad…10 ER versus the Brewers bad). But this is pretty pedestrian stuff. You know the best you can hope for most years is two or three great starters, two or three ones that over the season are at least mid-pack.

So why has my pitching staff been lucky? One, primarily they have been healthy, but that is not where the luck I am talking about here. In prior years I have written about my personal mediocre results in streaming pitchers. We all have to stream pitchers. I do not think any of us ever left a draft with the nine that were going to last/carry/win for us. And when I stream, I typically have 50/50 results. Good stats 50% of the time, “what was I thinking?” 50% of the time. No so this year.

So far, I have picked up (and actually used) six different starters who were not on my team when the draft was complete and who have given me 10 starts. These pitchers are Wainwright (1), Montgomery (1 though I wish I had kept him rather than treating him as a streamer even if his K-rate is subpar), Suter (1 – still have him), Yarbrough (4 – yes, I know he didn’t officially “start”), Dereck Rodriguez (2) and Minor (1 – still have him). With most (non-injured) starters in MLB having between 14 and 16 starts this year (going into this week only two…Sale and Chacin have 17…Chacin? Go figure!), these ten starts represent 2/3 of a starter for me. And this ten headed pitcher has been awesome. Collectively they have averaged six innings per start (not great, but not bad), with seven “quality starts”, six wins, a 2.323 ERA (16 ER in 62.0 IP) and a 1.097 WHIP (a 4.67 K:BB ration). Wainwright, Minor, Montgomery, nor Suter were blowing them down, so the K rate lagged a bit, but I will take it.

I used Ryu until he got hurt and he was my one true pitching flyer out of the draft, so if you add his numbers to this pack (six starts over the first six full weeks of the season), you have nine wins (only one loss) and an ERA/WHIP of 2.258/1.025. Only 84 K’s in 91.7 IP, but everything cannot be perfect!

Now, since I have tempted fate, let’s see how Suter (v KC) and Minor (v SD) do this week. The match-ups are favorable, but that does always mean anything. But I have to use them as the FA pool was especially thin this week and because Maeda and Velasquez have four home starts between them but against very good road teams. We will see how “smart” I am….

Baseball joke…

Two boys are playing in a park in suburban Chicago when one is attacker by a rabid Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his stick and wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dog's neck. A reporter who is strolling by sees the incident and rushes over to the boy. "Young White Sox Fan Saves Friend from Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Sox fan," the little hero replied.

"Sorry, since we are in Chicago, I just assumed you were," said the reporter, and he began writing again.

"Cubs Fan Rescues Friends from Horrific Attack," he continued writing in his notebook.

"I'm not a Cubs fan either," the boy said.

"I assumed everyone in Chicago was either for the Cubs or the Sox. What team do you root for?" inquired the reporter.

"I'm a Yankees fan," the child responded.

The reporter turned the page in his notebook and wrote "Little Bastard from New York Kills Beloved Family Pet."
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:10 pm
But I have to use them as the FA pool was especially thin this week and because Maeda and Velasquez have four home starts between them but against very good road teams. We will see how “smart” I am….
Sitting Maeda and Velasquez against the Cubbies and Yanks respectively...BRILLIANT!

Charles Krauthammer