Thanks New York!!

Greg Ambrosius

Thanks New York!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:34 am

Thanks to everyone who battled the weather to get to the Javits Center in New York for the NFBC auction leagues on Friday night and for the main event on Saturday. Also, thanks to those owners who still were able to draft on the phone as I believe Tom said we had four owners who just couldn't physically get there because of the weather, yet they still had a blast on the phone. No single league had more than one person on the phone, which was fortunate.

But again, I give all the credit to you guys and gals for getting there as the weather looked horrid from the TV clips I saw. But we battled through it and now we have a great competition set in place.

I know that Tom is flying back today, but let's give him a big hand as well for managing the Big Apple draft. Tom was out in Las Vegas on Tuesday and Wednesday for our 15th Fantasy Sports Trade Conference and when we saw the weather forecast we hopped him on an early flight on Thursday morning so that he could get there for the auction leagues on Friday. We then set a plan in motion for Saturday where we ordered phones for each main event league just in case folks couldn't get there. Obviously the Javits Center is a union center and thus we had to order the phones on Friday at $400 per phone to be ready for Saturday. It was a $3,600 hit and we wound up using only four phones, but such is life.

Good work Tom and the rest of the KP gang in New York and I'll see ya in the office on Wednesday. I have to enjoy the sun one last day here in Las Vegas first!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

hankstr

Thanks New York!!

Post by hankstr » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:46 am

Years from now, our poor kids will be hearing:

"When I played fantasy baseball, we did our drafts in the snow and ice... and we liked it"

King of Queens

Thanks New York!!

Post by King of Queens » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:12 am

I thanked Tom personally for running a great show, but he deserves a standing ovation from all of us. Great job!!

Nutty Scrats

Thanks New York!!

Post by Nutty Scrats » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:19 am

Many KUDOS to Tom and his staff! The event was excellent despite the weather and a few hiccups along the way. Late Friday night sure was interesting getting back from the auction but I think was good time had by all. Great job done by everyone!

P.S. Anyone in the NY Friday night mixed auction need a pitcher? LOL I didn't realize we needed to drat hitters too! ROFL :eek:
Ed

Nutty Scrats

Thanks New York!!

Post by Nutty Scrats » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thanks to everyone who battled the weather to get to the Javits Center in New York for the NFBC auction leagues on Friday night and for the main event on Saturday. Also, thanks to those owners who still were able to draft on the phone as I believe Tom said we had four owners who just couldn't physically get there because of the weather, yet they still had a blast on the phone. No single league had more than one person on the phone, which was fortunate.

But again, I give all the credit to you guys and gals for getting there as the weather looked horrid from the TV clips I saw. But we battled through it and now we have a great competition set in place.

I know that Tom is flying back today, but let's give him a big hand as well for managing the Big Apple draft. Tom was out in Las Vegas on Tuesday and Wednesday for our 15th Fantasy Sports Trade Conference and when we saw the weather forecast we hopped him on an early flight on Thursday morning so that he could get there for the auction leagues on Friday. We then set a plan in motion for Saturday where we ordered phones for each main event league just in case folks couldn't get there. Obviously the Javits Center is a union center and thus we had to order the phones on Friday at $400 per phone to be ready for Saturday. It was a $3,600 hit and we wound up using only four phones, but such is life.

Good work Tom and the rest of the KP gang in New York and I'll see ya in the office on Wednesday. I have to enjoy the sun one last day here in Las Vegas first!! :D I forgot one more thing!

You're Welcome!
Ed

Spyhunter

Thanks New York!!

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:10 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

I thanked Tom personally for running a great show, but he deserves a standing ovation from all of us. Great job!! Completely agreed. I mentioned in another thread how Tom and another woman from Krause got us dinner when food ran out. I apologize I don't know the woman's name, but thanks for stepping up and making the $1250 draft great.

Spyhunter

poopy tooth

Thanks New York!!

Post by poopy tooth » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 am

Greg -

You did have a great staff in NY. Tom, and the others were extremely nice and made sure things went well.

As mentioned they made sure there was additional food and then Tom and a woman came in and took oredrs and delivered the requests to us since our break had just ended. It was nice of them to go out of their way.

Plus, they just made you feel welcomed which was great.

I would also like to thank the mixed auction facilitor, who also facilitated the NY 4 Main event. I think his name was Michael, but I'm terrible with names. He was great. Very fair, which is what I hope to have in a facilitator.

Sorry about the phones, but glad to hear their was a plan in place.

Berkshire Juggernauts

Thanks New York!!

Post by Berkshire Juggernauts » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:09 am

Thanks Tom, we had a great time. Also the crew that ran League 7 did a great job and would like to thank them. cant wait for the season

Tom Kessenich

Thanks New York!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:11 am

Hello again New York.

First off, I appreciate the kind words from Greg and all of you. This was my first year of running the NFBC in New York and I wanted to make sure it was memorable so I ordered in a lot of snow and terrible weather just to make things perfect. How's that?

Seriously, I did want to make sure the New Yorkers felt right at home and that was even more important given the weather issues we battled. So primarily, I want to thank all of you for making the trek to the Javits. To only have three people who couldn't make the trip due to the weather was unbelievable given how dire things were looking on Thursday when we first got the weather reports in Vegas. I want to thank those three people for contacting myself and/or Greg immediately because that enabled us to be prepared in terms of how we were going to handle everything. As you all know I spent the afternoon walking from draft to draft to make sure things were running smoothly and at every league I kept getting the thumbs up from the faciliators and I heard very positive comments from those of you I talked to as well. So things went off very well and I'm pleased to hear that.

We had a lot of fun all three days with a total of 13 leagues taking part in our events during that time. It stunk we came up a little short in terms of food and pizza on Friday night but nobody will ever accuse me of not being able to think on the fly so I'm glad we were able to get more food and drinks for everyone.

Since Gekko was staying at the same hotel that I was, we braved the conditions on Friday night and I think it's safe to say Gordon and I bonded during our 4-5 block hunt to try and find a cab. According to a source close to Gekko, he said I was "reserved." I'd like to think I was merely being cautious. I mean, c'mon it's nearly midnight, I'm on the New York streets with Gekko and a huge snowstorm is blasting us every which way but loose how would you behave?

:D

Saturday went very well as I said and Sunday's Ultimate Leagues were a lot of fun as well. So it was a fun and enjoyable weekend and I'm glad we were all able to spend it together.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich