New York Plan

Tom Kessenich

New York Plan

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Hey everyone, so who brought the lousy weather to New York? Damn.

OK, things aren't so bad outside right now but apparently it's going to get nasty. So here is the plan.

We are not rescheduling or postponing any of our events. We will not be issuing refunds. So this means we need you guys to exhaust every avenue to make sure you get here for whatever auction and/or draft you have signed up for. We are working on a plan for Saturday if need be but we hope the weather cooperates and everyone can make it here.

If you are running into any problems please call me at 917 538-0029. I am in New York and waiting for all of you to come join me. So don't disappoint me, ok?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RTKS

New York Plan

Post by RTKS » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Hey, I just got into NY this evening about 10:30pm.

No big hassles, only about 20 minutes delayed. Just a slow cold drizzle as of right now.

See everyone at the auctions tomorrow!!!

Nutty Scrats

New York Plan

Post by Nutty Scrats » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:50 am

Pretty interesting how that the bad weather started to arrive just about the time Tom arrived here in New York? Somethings that make you go hmmmmmmmm? LOL Welcome to New York! :D
Ed

Tom Kessenich

New York Plan

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:55 am

Weather was great in Vegas.

I haven't been outside yet but it doesn't look too bad. There's no heavy snow coming down or anything like that. Hopefully the driving conditions are fine. I think that's going to be the main issue if the weather stays like this.

I hope everyone makes it here safely. Again, the best way to contact me with updates is by phone. My number again is 917 538-0029.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

New York Plan

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:18 am

I'm coming up this morrning from the maryland/PA border. Driving conditions are below average right now. NY better get ready for some snow. It's a com'n

Wait...

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Oh man, I just slid and went in a ditch. HELP!!!

Gordon Gekko

New York Plan

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:27 am

Just kidding about the sliding part :D

King of Queens

New York Plan

Post by King of Queens » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:36 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Oh man, I just slid and went in a ditch. HELP!!! With Gekko out of the picture, I wonder who will be getting Ben Sheets tonight...

Nutty Scrats

New York Plan

Post by Nutty Scrats » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:38 am

Ben Sheets for $1.00

(Just getting a little practice in for tonight!) LOL

I was a little concerned that I would have to pay more but now with Gekko in a ditch somewhere I feel a little better about my bid! ROFL
Ed

SES

New York Plan

Post by SES » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:10 am

So, GG, you're in the ditch, but didn't slide there?

Gordon Gekko

New York Plan

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:15 am

Yes. Somebody cut me off and I swerved. I was able to get a quick peek at his license plate...JYOUNG. Anyone know what that means?

Nutty Scrats

New York Plan

Post by Nutty Scrats » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:55 am

Yes. Somebody cut me off and I swerved. I was able to get a quick peek at his license plate...JYOUNG. Anyone know what that means? Dang! I guess he's going to make it to the auction. There goes my $1.00 bid! Guess I'll have to make a stop the ATM before the auction! I think it is going to cost me a little more money! LOL :eek:
Ed

King of Queens

New York Plan

Post by King of Queens » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 am

Yes. Somebody cut me off and I swerved. I was able to get a quick peek at his license plate...JYOUNG. Anyone know what that means? Did you happen to get a close look at the driver? Was he acting as if he had 9 inches, when in fact he only had 2?

BEF

New York Plan

Post by BEF » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:41 am

I'd like to apologize to those of you in the 4pm Auction League today, at which I was supposed to be the auctioneer. I live about 30 miles outside of Manhattan, and the storm screwed up what is already a not-so-great bus schedule (it takes 1:45 to make the interminable trip, and that's on a good day with no traffic). Tom was very understanding when I called him 3 hours before we were to start to tell him that my bus never showed up, although I can only imagine the curses that must have come out of his mouth as soon as he hit the "end" button on his phone.

Again, my apologies to all involved, especially Tom; I was really looking forward to participating and meeting some of you in person.

Brian
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

Jim Young

New York Plan

Post by Jim Young » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Yes. Somebody cut me off and I swerved. I was able to get a quick peek at his license plate...JYOUNG. Anyone know what that means? Did you happen to get a close look at the driver? Was he acting as if he had 9 inches, when in fact he only had 2? [/QUOTE]let's be fair here. at least give me credit for 3 inches; only 2 is a little harsh.
"Act as if"

King of Queens

New York Plan

Post by King of Queens » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:28 pm

Originally posted by Jim Young:

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Yes. Somebody cut me off and I swerved. I was able to get a quick peek at his license plate...JYOUNG. Anyone know what that means? Did you happen to get a close look at the driver? Was he acting as if he had 9 inches, when in fact he only had 2? [/QUOTE]let's be fair here. at least give me credit for 3 inches; only 2 is a little harsh.
[/QUOTE]How about 3 overall, 2 post-forest?

bjoak

New York Plan

Post by bjoak » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:23 pm

This weather in Las Vegas sucks! I got completely burned down at the Flamingo pool today. :mad:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Hangtown

New York Plan

Post by Hangtown » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:02 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

This weather in Las Vegas sucks! I got completely burned down at the Flamingo pool today. :mad: Something tells me Vegas and Tampa will be a little more crowded next year???
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Dan

King of Queens

New York Plan

Post by King of Queens » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Originally posted by Hangtown:

quote:Originally posted by bjoak:

This weather in Las Vegas sucks! I got completely burned down at the Flamingo pool today. :mad: Something tells me Vegas and Tampa will be a little more crowded next year??? [/QUOTE]Especially Vegas, where you get to hang out with bjoak by the poolside.

bjoak

New York Plan

Post by bjoak » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:16 pm

You know it semed I had a lot more chicks hanging out with me than fantasy baseball 'experts.' I grumbled a bit about that but in the end I was okay with it. :cool:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Quahogs

New York Plan

Post by Quahogs » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:18 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Hangtown:

quote:Originally posted by bjoak:

This weather in Las Vegas sucks! I got completely burned down at the Flamingo pool today. :mad: Something tells me Vegas and Tampa will be a little more crowded next year??? [/QUOTE]Especially Vegas, where you get to hang out with bjoak by the poolside.
[/QUOTE]now that I think about it, NY and its ice storm does have its appeal

Q