MLB TV

poopy tooth

MLB TV

Post by poopy tooth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 am

For anyone interested. I purchased the upgraded MLB package for $119.95. I'm watching my first game this afternoon. (A's - Rockies) The picture is not awful. I was really not happy when I found out I couldn't get Extra Innings through cable. I thought about switching to Direct Tv, but it seemed like a hassle, so I am trying this out.

It's not as nice as regular TV. (I have a cable hook up for internet) But it really is decent. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I can live with it.

I did notice before the game, the commentators lips and words weren't in sync, which was annoying, but it ended when game started. Picture hasn't frozen too much. (Once or twice for split second, but I have wireless connection, so maybe that's why.)

One thing that seems cool is a Mossaic upgrade coming April 2nd, which is included in the price. You can watch up to 6 games at same time.

Now all we need is for computer companies to make big screen monitors that we can hang on the wall! 6 games on same screen would work well on 50+ inch screen.

With laptop, I can carry around and watch anywhere, which is a plus.

Overall, I'd said right now about C+ or B-...but I'm sure it will get better.

They let you lock in price (with automatic renewal) I opted NOT to do this, but $120 may end up being a great bargain in a couple years.

poopy tooth

MLB TV

Post by poopy tooth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:36 am

Let me add this...just went back and was watching. There is a delay between sound and video. Announcer said "That one painted the corner." While he said it, the pitcher wasn't even in his wind up yet. Then sure enough - hit the corner. I guess mute will take care of that if I don't want to ruin what's coming...

Diamond Dogs

MLB TV

Post by Diamond Dogs » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:41 am

I believe a TV with an HDMI port will allow you to plug your laptop into the TV and watch from there. Saw that on a forum somewhere about a month ago.

I just called my cable company, (comcast), and they said it would be available in about a week.

I thought the Direct TV takover didn't start till' 08 or 09, maybe there have been changes I missed however.

Dogs

poopy tooth

MLB TV

Post by poopy tooth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks for info. I know there is some way to put picture on tv screen. HDMI...I'll have to check it out.

agd

MLB TV

Post by agd » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:05 am

I have Direct TV I will just watch that. :D

ssmarsh

MLB TV

Post by ssmarsh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:33 pm

I just called my cable company, (comcast), and they said it would be available in about a week.Your cable company is going to have MLB extra innings this year? Are they sure? I haven't seen any reports that any of the cable companies took MLB up on it's "offer" regarding Extra Innings.