$$ALERT$$ Shandler_loves_B.Sheets

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:16 am

I've been informed that Ron Shandler has Ben Sheets projected for 15+ wins, 200K's, under a 1.05 whip and under a 3.25 era. Just call him Santana-lite!!!!! :D

This screams CY YOUNG AWARD. And this projection comes from Shandler, not Gekko. Although it's great to see Shandler agree with GG on this one.

Hopefully you can all get Sheets in the 4th round, but if you REALLY want him...the 3rd round should be the place. enjoy!

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:27 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

I've been informed that Ron Shandler has Ben Sheets projected for 15+ wins, 200K's, under a 1.05 whip and under a 3.25 era. Just call him Santana-lite!!!!! :D

This screams CY YOUNG AWARD. And this projection comes from Shandler, not Gekko. Although it's great to see Shandler agree with GG on this one.

Hopefully you can all get Sheets in the 4th round, but if you REALLY want him...the 3rd round should be the place. enjoy! Thanks!!! ;)
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Dan

Jim Young

Post by Jim Young » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:35 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ALERT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gecko refers to himself in the 3rd person.

$$$$$$$$$$$$ALERT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gecko is pumping up Ben Sheets hard!

$$$$$$$$$$$$ALERT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

True champions don't need to study for a fantasy baseball draft, and certainly don't need to spend the day at the library.

Does anyone else think that the whole "$$$$$ALERT$$$$" thing is a little cheesey?

"Act as if"
"Act as if"

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:45 am

Originally posted by Jim Young:

"Act as if" make sure you "act as if" when you are sitting next to me on saturday. thanks

Jim Young

Post by Jim Young » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:56 am

quote:Originally posted by Jim Young:

"Act as if" make sure you "act as if" when you are sitting next to me on saturday. thanks [/QUOTE]oh, I will.....and i'll be sitting right next to you, drafting right before you, and drafting right after you, pal! am I in your head yet?
"Act as if"

Nutty Scrats

Post by Nutty Scrats » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58 am

Hopefully you can all get Sheets in the 4th round, but if you REALLY want him...the 3rd round should be the place. enjoy! Classic Pump and Dump! LOL You sure you don't work for one of those stock marking boiler rooms? ROFL I'ved been talking to all my friends about Nolan Ryan and Jim Palmer getting pretty good reviews this year but my friends are telling me to get out of the 70 and 80's! I'm not quite sure what they mean? Where's my Andy Worhol's? I sure hope Studio 54 is still open while I'm here in the Big Apple! Should be a good take! :D
Ed

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:03 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

"Act as if" make sure you "act as if" when you are sitting next to me on saturday. thanks [/QUOTE]oh, I will.....and i'll be sitting right next to you, drafting right before you, and drafting right after you, pal! am I in your head yet?
[/QUOTE]i will talk to you about this before the draft. be prepared. thanks.

Jim Young

Post by Jim Young » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:10 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

[/QUOTE]i will talk to you about this before the draft. be prepared. thanks.
[/QUOTE]what exactly is there to talk about? what am I supposed to be prepared for, pal?
"Act as if"

Mudster

Post by Mudster » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:52 am

Who's in who's head here? I had a Rocky IV flashback of a Gordon Gecko picture put in the corner of a mirror and Jim Young crumpling it up before he leaves for the draft. BTW, loving your posts GG...I sit back and smile as every rookie this year will do next year.

poopy tooth

Post by poopy tooth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 am

Gekko,

The Shandler quote, while not completely inaccurate, also leaves out his 22% reliablilty stat. Less than 1/4? You are correct him, he will be yours in rd 3, because no one will grab him that early. Rd 4? Maybe a few, but too mcuh risk for me in rd 4.

This reminds me of the King Felix posts you had last year! Great stuff. See you tomorrow at the auction.

Crazy Like a Fox

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Gecko refers to himself in the 3rd person.

$$$$$$$$$$$$ALERT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gecko is pumping up Ben Sheets hard!

$$$$$$$$$$$$ALERT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

True champions don't need to study for a fantasy baseball draft, and certainly don't need to spend the day at the library.

Does anyone else think that the whole "$$$$$ALERT$$$$" thing is a little cheesey?

"Act as if" My guess is he's trying to get everyone to pay attention to Sheets so he get Rich Hill much later. Just a thought. I think it's a little cheesy. I think every fantasy player and his mother could tell you Sheets would pop off those stats if he was just healthy for a whole season. So basically, all Shandler/Gekko (sorry I put those two in the same sentence) are predicting Sheets to be healthy this year. Well whippee. Where do you guys get your crystal ball............EBAY?
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)

Who Dat Is?

Post by Who Dat Is? » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:09 am

thank you for pumping Ben Sheets - I was first a bit disappointed to see this, as I had my eye on Sheets and was getting him in the 6th rnd in some mocks at pick #3. the real beauty of this came Saturday, when Sheets went pick #2 of rd 5, leaving Roy Halladay ripe for the picking right after that in Round 5.

where did Sheets go in everyone else's draft?

Crazy Like a Fox

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:23 am

The way Harden is pitching, and him being healthy I might add, I think he might be a better pick than Sheets. I believe Harden will certainly win more games than Sheets should he be healthy, check out his career record compared to Sheets.
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)