1 Round Auto Now Available For All Leagues

Greg Ambrosius

1 Round Auto Now Available For All Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Okay, we are very happy to finally announce that 1 Round Auto is available for all current and future NFBC drafts. This new feature was installed this afternoon and every current draft room was refreshed to allow this feature to be added. So even if you are in a draft that is in Round 41, 1 Round Auto is there for you to use.

We know this has been a long time coming, but we really like what we have for you. Here's how it works:

In the upper left hand corner under the clock you will see the words Auto Draft. The button will be white, which means it's off. Click on Auto Draft and it will show you a pulldown with listings such as:

Until Cancelled (Auto for all picks)
Next 1 Round (automatically pick just the next pick)
Next 2 Rounds (it will automatically pick the top players in your Que for the next 2 rounds)
Next 3 Rounds
Next 4 Rounds
Next 5 Rounds, etc. It will show all remaining rounds you have left in that draft.

Now this allows you to let the computer pick the top players from your Que for how many rounds you want. If you are Team 15 and you want the computer to make only your next pick, pull down to Next 1 Round and it will take the top player from your Que. If you're confident of your Que and want the computer to pick your next two picks pull down to Next 2 Rounds. If you want to load up your Que and have the computer pick the next 4 rounds for you, pull down to Next 4 Rounds.

That's how this initial 1 Round Auto will work. It's multi-rounds, but it's taking everyone from your one Que, just like it did in the old draft room. The one added feature is that you can auto-pick from your Que for multiple rounds.

You will see the red Auto box underneath your name in the top listing of owners. If you want to get out of Auto for those picks, just click on the x in that red box.

Here's how you do it in mobile: In mobile, the auto-toggle is in the settings dialog when clicking on the gear in the top right. In fact, on some other devices if you don't see the Auto Pick feature under the clock, go to that wheel in the upper right and click on that. The auto-toggle is there.

We know that having separate Ques for separate Rounds is the ultimate goal, but this will get us rolling in the right direction before we unveil that upgrade. This is a good first step and should help to speed up current and future Draft Champions Leagues. Enjoy.

Again, if you're already in a current draft you should be able to see this new feature and all drafts going forward will have this.

Feel free to post here with comments or suggestions and we'll continue to improve this software for you. Enjoy and now let's really have fun during this drafting season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Re: 1 Round Auto Now Available For All Leagues

Post by COZ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Well shit, what is everyone going to have to piss & moan about now?!!?!
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Silly stupid question:

If I’m on auto 1, does that mean after the pick is made I’m immediately taken off autopick?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:04 pm

mdecav wrote:Silly stupid question:

If I’m on auto 1, does that mean after the pick is made I’m immediately taken off autopick?
Yes. Try it, you'll like it!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Tried finding this feature in iPhone and iPad using both Safari and Chrome.

There isn’t anything like you’re describing under/near the clock.
The only auto I see is on the Settings menu top right side.

Advice?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Deadheadz wrote:Tried finding this feature in iPhone and iPad using both Safari and Chrome.

There isn’t anything like you’re describing under/near the clock.
The only auto I see is on the Settings menu top right side.

Advice?
I'll update how to use this in mobile in the post above. Here's the details from IT:

In mobile, the auto-toggle is in the settings dialog when clicking on the gear in the top right.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Regardless of the browser I use, as the page loads I see those beautiful little words, auto draft, but then once it is fully loaded it is no longer there, but replaced with the time left for the pick and no auto draft anywhere to be found.
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Dave, hit the rotary thingie at the top right.
Then, left click the auto round.
This is the only way I see to use auto1-9
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 am

davetniagarafalls wrote:Regardless of the browser I use, as the page loads I see those beautiful little words, auto draft, but then once it is fully loaded it is no longer there, but replaced with the time left for the pick and no auto draft anywhere to be found.
Dave, IT says that you can always find that auto-pick toggle in the wheel in the upper right. Just my two cents but try clearing out your cache on that computer to see if that works. Just a layman's suggestion. Thanks and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am

So a better answer from IT is that the location of the Auto Pick button can be based on screen size. If the screen is too vertically short to display everything nicely, it will show up in the wheel. So that explains why we've heard from a couple of people who have used the wheel for this on laptops and phones. If you don't see the Auto Pick box under the clock, it's a toggle from the wheel in the upper right. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius