Draft Spots For Main Event Friday Morning!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:36 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I have a four-pack of Beck's beer on the corner of my desk!! :D Seriously, I do. Long story there, but a funny one. We may just finish those off tomorrow around noon!!! :D That's the second time I've heard mention of the Becks. I searched the NFFC boards, and I found a mini discussion between Tom and UFS from 12/12/06:

-----------------------------------

Tom: Thanks for letting me know about all this John. We'll have STATS look into it.

UFS: Greg owes you some Coronas!

Tom: We have some Becks sitting at his desk. Maybe he'll put that on ice when Christmas rolls around.

UFS: Are those the ones on his desk from last year?

Tom: They've been here awhile. They're aging.

---------------------------------------------

C'mon, Greg, spill the beans. What's up with the Becks, or do I have to come out to Vegas to hear about it?

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I have a four-pack of Beck's beer on the corner of my desk!! :D Seriously, I do. Long story there, but a funny one. We may just finish those off tomorrow around noon!!! :D That's the second time I've heard mention of the Becks. I searched the NFFC boards, and I found a mini discussion between Tom and UFS from 12/12/06:

Tom: Thanks for letting me know about all this John. We'll have STATS look into it.

Tom: We have some Becks sitting at his desk. Maybe he'll put that on ice when Christmas rolls around.

C'mon, Greg, spill the beans. What's up with the Becks, or do I have to come out to Vegas to hear about it?
[/QUOTE]LOL.. Those beers have been there for two years now...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Yo Tom...

$50 for that hat!

~Lance Deal.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

rmaysey

Post by rmaysey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:17 pm

"Although it looks like only Chicago will have entirely full leagues, Chicago and Las Vegas should have 10 teams each in those final leagues, so we'll be in good shape."

375 teams is 25 full leagues, but I don't understand the above. How can a league not have 15 teams? Are the other teams going to be participating remotely or something? Are there going to be dummy teams drafting (that wouldn't work).

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:19 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

[/QUOTE]Good story: Beck's sent me a silver bucket with fancy glasses and four bottles of Beck's for our continued fantasy soccer coverage in Fantasy Sports Magazine before the World Cup competition began. We appreciated the free beer, but honestly we've never written a word about fantasy soccer for that magazine!!! :D

We always said we'd drink it to celebrate something special. We may have to pop those today!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:23 am

NFBC Message Boards Recent Visitors: 90

Nutty Scrat, Bruce in FL, wojo moneyball, larryb, MGBMARTY, Nevadaman, bustouts, Joe Sambito, b.rudd48, forked river rat, Team Herron, RoundTrippers, Rey, hankstr, KJ Duke, Captain Hook, DOUGHBOYS, Greg Ambrosius, Tom Kessenich, fireballs, Emory on the Up, Barndogs8, Medfield Crucifier, rob276, Quahogs, Dirt Dogs, dantemarco, edelman24, Big Fish, MIAMI CANES, Plymouth, Ballfour, The Mighty Men, metfanrust, and 56 guest(s)

Lots of people lined up waiting to see the draft positions guys - 10:20 by my watch

When are you projecting they will be up?

Brad

Post by Brad » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:30 am

10:00 CST not eastern

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

Nutty Scrat, Bruce in FL, wojo moneyball, larryb, MGBMARTY, Nevadaman, bustouts, Joe Sambito, b.rudd48, forked river rat, Team Herron, RoundTrippers, Rey, hankstr, KJ Duke, Captain Hook, DOUGHBOYS, Greg Ambrosius, Tom Kessenich, fireballs, Emory on the Up, Barndogs8, Medfield Crucifier, rob276, Quahogs, Dirt Dogs, dantemarco, edelman24, Big Fish, MIAMI CANES, Plymouth, Ballfour, The Mighty Men, metfanrust, and 56 guest(s)

Lots of people lined up waiting to see the draft positions guys - 10:20 by my watch

When are you projecting they will be up? You know us, Perry, we'll be right on time. 10:00 CST. Wisconsin is in the Midwest, not next to New York!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:38 am

quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:

When are you projecting they will be up? You know us, Perry, we'll be right on time. 10:00 CST. Wisconsin is in the Midwest, not next to New York!! :D
[/QUOTE]Greg there would be nothing wrong with being a few minutes too soon- at least that is what bjoak's girlfriend tells him.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:42 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:

[/QUOTE]Greg there would be nothing wrong with being a few minutes too soon- at least that is what bjoak's girlfriend tells him.
[/QUOTE]You were supposed to say: "...if he had one."
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:47 am

We will start with Chicago since Chicago has the full leagues and closed out first. I'll post Chi 1 in the League Forums first, then Chicago 2, then Chicago 3, then Chicago 4 there and then finally the complete Chicago list in General Discussion. This will allow each of you to have private league forums to get to know each other and smack talk today. It also drags out the process longer for all you folks!! :D

I'm not sure which city will follow next. Probably New York, then Las Vegas and then Tampa. We'll see. The only dilemma we have now is letting some folks know they didn't get in. Bummer. Actually, 390 would have filled perfectly in each city, I'm sure of that!!! :D No time for that, though, it's time to get the show on the road.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:00 am

Good luck everyone in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize. It's time to announce the draft spots!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Mudster

Post by Mudster » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:02 am

Woohoo!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:06 am

The pressure is too much...somebody hold my hand! :rolleyes:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:07 am

This is fun. Anyone ready for New York?!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

Nutty Scrat, Bruce in FL, wojo moneyball, larryb, MGBMARTY, Nevadaman, bustouts, Joe Sambito, b.rudd48, forked river rat, Team Herron, RoundTrippers, Rey, hankstr, KJ Duke, Captain Hook, DOUGHBOYS, Greg Ambrosius, Tom Kessenich, fireballs, Emory on the Up, Barndogs8, Medfield Crucifier, rob276, Quahogs, Dirt Dogs, dantemarco, edelman24, Big Fish, MIAMI CANES, Plymouth, Ballfour, The Mighty Men, metfanrust, and 56 guest(s) update:

NFBC Message Boards Recent Visitors: 258

RobG, Nutty Scrat, wojo moneyball, BudFox, Latham, MGBMARTY, Nevadaman, Hobo Zeke, Scavenger, rotatorcff, joey m, Sack, Who Dat Is?, Joe Sambito, b.rudd48, Diamond Dogs, Team Herron, gsjanoff, RoundTrippers, Brad, Bobby J, Rey, Sheep, Tradesman Kettleers, TTBoy, Tampa Munchers, Mudster, hankstr, KJ Duke, Captain Hook, Greg Ambrosius, fireballs, Tom Kessenich, mother, SluggoJD, chris schinker, DoctorK, Gerry Scotto Di Marco, No Balls No Babies, Medfield Crucifier, rob276, Don Mathis, Vander, kgrady, Buster, Quahogs, Terry Haney, Dirt Dogs, Trash Man, headhunters, dantemarco, edelman24, Big Fish, MIAMI CANES, Edwards Kings, Plymouth, Kimo, The Mighty Men, UFS, and 199 guest(s)

[ March 09, 2007, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Hangtown ]
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Dan

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:25 am

Damn, this is a lot of fun. I don't think we've ever had 258 folks on the boards at one time before!! :D Anyone ready for Las Vegas??
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 am

Damn, this is a lot of fun. I don't think we've ever had 258 folks on the boards at one time before!! :D Anyone ready for Las Vegas?? I gotta take one of my kids to the bus stop...

be kind!!

Dan

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:30 am

This is too fun...Greg, can I go ahead and sign up for 2008?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:51 am

WOW... NFBC Message Boards Recent Visitors: 280

Dan

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:59 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

This is too fun...Greg, can I go ahead and sign up for 2008? Yes you can. Should we hit the credit card we have on file or do you want us to use a new one? :D

Okay, Wayne, Tampa is next. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:01 am

Go ahead and use the one I have on file...it is under "Zola, Todd"! :D
Charles Krauthammer