Tough Questions

Tough Questions

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:18 am

Ok, myself and seven other friends (8 teams) participated in last years WCOFB contest and we are currently debating which way to go this year, WCOFB or NFBC. I have a couple questions.

1. Since we do not want to bang heads with each other in the same leagues can we all be put in separate leagues? (even if we all draft in Vegas)

2. Why the $200 co-owner fee? Seems a bit stiff for a cash food and bar event. A sticky point for some in our group.

3. Can friends and family watch the draft?

4. What percentage of money will be paid back in prize money if the event has more or less than the 300 entries anticipated? Will it go up if more and how much will it go down if less?

Thanks in advance for your replies Greg. I like what I've seen with your contest so far.

Tough Questions

1) All names will be pulled randomly for every league in every city. The more leagues we have in Las Vegas, the better chance you guys will have that you won't be competing against each other. But I can't guarantee that at least a couple of you will be competing against each other because it will definitely be a random drawing. Heck, the WCOFB had only three leagues last year, so you guys definitely competed against each other. I'm sure the WCOFB will have random drawings, as will the NFBC. By the way, were you the guys who competed in our golf tournament last year? I remember six of you playing. If so, we'll have a golf event again on Friday morning this year. Details coming later.

The rest of the answers will follow. The computer says my message is beyond the number of characters I'm allowed. So this will be in two parts.

Tough Questions

2) You are not the first person to ask that question. Here's the reasoning: The co-manager will also have the benefit of assisting in the draft, being part of the contest all year long and will receive the same access to the contest results during the season and giveaways at the drafts that the principal owners receive. Our goal is to provide equal value in goodie bag giveaways, draft day portfolios and food and drink to managers and co-managers when this event takes place in March. We are talking with several big companies to sponsor our Welcome Reception on Friday night plus a post-draft party on Saturday and we are confident that the goodie bags will be filled with valuable items. We are going to make this a first-rate event/contest and all who participate will get their money's worth, trust me, even though at this point we are just advertising food and drink on a cash basis. But to answer your question, we do have built-in expenses for adding more people to each facility and thus felt the added $200 was necessary. Nobody is required to bring a co-manager and you are welcome to add one well after you've filled out your entry form if you want to see if the amenities eventually meet the price.

3) Only the manager and co-manager will be allowed in the draft room. We need to keep that as organized as possible, so two spots per team will be set up at each table, no more and no less.

One more answer to follow.

Tough Questions

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:19 am

4) Legally, we were not allowed to say 75% of all entry fees will be returned in prizes, but if you do the math that's what it is. We are committed to sticking with the prize structure if we fail to reach 300 teams as we are in this for the long-term, but with three regions able to attract more participants, we feel confident with the goal we've set. Legally, we had to put a maximum team total on the rules and we'd love to make the decision if we're going to go above 300 or not. Again, the goal is to continue to pay back the same percentage in prizes if we go over 300, but we haven't stated how we're going to do that yet. But I can promise you, we're not going to keep the extra revenue.

If you like what you've seen so far, then keep coming back. I think we're going to have some pleasant surprises over the next couple of weeks and hopefully the announcement of what we'll do with weekly prizes will come soon. I hope you decide to join the NFBC, and if you're the same group we had last year in Vegas, bring your clubs again. We'll have golf prizes for that event, too.