How is this team?

cpc115

How is this team?

Post by cpc115 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:04 am

This was posted in the question forum but I'm still wanting a few more opinions.

This is my first draft with the NFBC. It was a satellite from last week. I drafted in the 8th position. Anybody want to tell me how they think I did?

C- Ramon Hernandez, Ronny Paulino

1b- Texiera

2b- Orlando Hudson

3b- Garrett Atkins

SS- Felipe Lopez

OF- Ibanez, Byrnes, Giles, Rowand, Murton

CI- Adam LaRoche

MI- Ray Durham

U- Kevin Mench

P- Santana, Smoltz, Street, Fuentes, Beckett, Chuck James, Noah Lowry, Blanton, Padilla

Bench- Polanco, Biggio, Grudzalanek, Shin-soo Choo, Thames, Timlin, Betencourt

My bench was auto drafted because of a scheduling conflict I had made. Any thoughts?

KJ Duke

How is this team?

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 am

Originally posted by cpc115:

This was posted in the question forum but I'm still wanting a few more opinions.

This is my first draft with the NFBC. It was a satellite from last week. I drafted in the 8th position. Anybody want to tell me how they think I did?

C- Ramon Hernandez, Ronny Paulino

1b- Texiera

2b- Orlando Hudson

3b- Garrett Atkins

SS- Felipe Lopez

OF- Ibanez, Byrnes, Giles, Rowand, Murton

CI- Adam LaRoche

MI- Ray Durham

U- Kevin Mench

P- Santana, Smoltz, Street, Fuentes, Beckett, Chuck James, Noah Lowry, Blanton, Padilla

Bench- Polanco, Biggio, Grudzalanek, Shin-soo Choo, Thames, Timlin, Betencourt

My bench was auto drafted because of a scheduling conflict I had made. Any thoughts? You'll come up well short in steals, and your bench stinks. Not bad overall, probably middle of the pack but you'll have some work to do on the FA wire to make up for the lack of a bench.

[ March 07, 2007, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Bobby J

How is this team?

Post by Bobby J » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:52 am

You are going to find that your overall BA is going to take a big hit and end up in the .270's which will be bottom 3 or 5. Need to be around .283 to .285 to score well in average. Your average is well below average in all cats. I like what you did at the CI postitions w/Tex, Atkins and Laroche. Your first 4 pitchers will do well for you but the rest are at about 4.5 era and 1.4 whip, need FA to make the pitching works, but not bad for the first one. I am dead against Santana in the 1st round, you will be playing catchup the ret of the way
Some Assembly Required

Bobby J

How is this team?

Post by Bobby J » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:53 am

sorry when I said your average is well below in the 2nd line, I meant your OF
Some Assembly Required

eddiejag

How is this team?

Post by eddiejag » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:01 pm

I like this team, IT HAS A LOT OF BALANCE.

Some great pitching with two closers.AND he does have some speed , LOPEZ was over 40 , and Rowand and Hudson are double digit. Some GOOD BENCH PLAYERS TOO.

We will see but ild roll with this team.
EDWARD J GILLIS

cpc115

How is this team?

Post by cpc115 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:29 pm

Thanks guys, I'm open to all opinions and criticism. I know that I'm not going to finish first in steals or average, but IMO I highly doubt I'll be dead in the water in those categories either.

poopy tooth

How is this team?

Post by poopy tooth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:39 pm

I was in league with you. I thought you did pretty good. One thing I noticed was you drafted Hudson somewhat earlier, in my opinion. I think your bench would have been somewhat better if you didn't fill it with 2B. Polanco is decent, but no need to have extras on bench taking up spots. They are all about even, so need to to fill 3 spots with them.

You have good, but not great pitching. It will keep you in the mix in pitching points. Your corners are great.

I think what will hold you back is your OF. Many people disagree with me and think the OF is loaded with players, so they pass on them and wait. While the OF is deep, each team needs 5 of them (at least) which means at 75 OF's will be chosen. They begin to really fall off after about 40-50.

poopy tooth

How is this team?

Post by poopy tooth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Thanks guys, I'm open to all opinions and criticism. I know that I'm not going to finish first in steals or average, but IMO I highly doubt I'll be dead in the water in those categories either. I have to disagree. i think you'll be lucky to hit about 110 in SBs. To get at least 1/2 the points, you'll need to reach about 135 or so.

You'll probably beat me though in SB's. :( I didn't get many. My "big" SB guys are Lugo and Lofton.

poopy tooth

How is this team?

Post by poopy tooth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:06 pm

For you to compare, I drafted in the #1 spot last night in same league. I think my pitching is weak, speed is low, etc.

C-Bard, J. Valentin

1B-Pujols, A. Gonzalez

2b- Kent, K. Matsui

SS-Lugo

3B-Teahan

OF Dye, Wells, Lofton, Bradley, Kubel

DH-Mike Jacobs

P-Matsuzaka, Haren, Mussina, F. Garcia, Lieber, Jeff Weaver, O. Hernandez, Dotel, Valverde,

Res-Randy Johnson, Mike Sweeney, Kelly Johnson, Matt Diaz, Josh Hamilton, Odalis Perez, J. Julio

My bench is also somewhat weak. RJ is picked to be starter but will start on bench and replace whoever is doing worst. Sweeney is only DH eligible. I have some flexibility with players who will have multi-position eligibility, but none are stand outs. Teahen, if he moves to OF, doesn't matter much beacuse I couldn't get another 3B. Not the best team, not the worst.

headhunters

How is this team?

Post by headhunters » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 am

well poopy- he may not do well in steals- but he is gonna top you. i like your bench. his was auto selected and it hurt him- 3 second base. so if randys' 1st 3 starts are sd and sf on road and la at home he is on bench? wow strong pitching.

poopy tooth

How is this team?

Post by poopy tooth » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:35 am

RJ is possibly going to miss first couple weeks. (That may have been changed, but that's what I heard and figured that's why he was there in rd 15.)

cpc115

How is this team?

Post by cpc115 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:37 am

im glad to know that i should be able to get at least 2 roto points in steals unless poopy pulls a big faab in the category. i actually havent looked at any other teams or projected how i will finish. i figure with no trading theres no reason to stress about whos one what team. just have to hope for the best and back up who i got now cause im pretty much stuck with most of them.