A Short Praise to MDC and Tom

viper

Post by viper » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:10 am

In my satellite league last evening [Tuesday March 6], I had the wonderful fortune of having my internet go down cold, Cox cable went dead. A call to MDC (Geoff I presume) was made and the situation explained.

Note, the same thing happened the previous night at the same time of 7:05. On Monday it was up and running again by 7:20 but I had no illusions of the same luck.

I had made my 1st pick (Soriano at #4 and saw through Todd Zola's selection of Crawford at #6). MDC called me when it was my turn in the 2nd and updated me on selections. He did the same in the 3rd. I was operational again midway through he 3rd round. I asked for a 30 second pause so I could catch up.

Now I have preset lists but I group my top 200 hitters at the front. I follow that with 45 Closers and CIWs. I then have about 100 SPs. In other words, my lists will not work for drafting a team but are there to have players in their proper order within large groupings.

Bottom line, having MDC available was huge. Although being at the main event is really the way to have a true NFBC experience, the way Tom and MDC handle satellite drafts is above and beyond what you find at other places.

Now I hope the team does well. If so, I may owe Tom and Geoff a drink.

[ March 07, 2007, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: viper ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 am

Originally posted by viper:

Now I hope the team does well. If so, I may owe Tom some of my prize winningsFixed. ;)

And thanks Mike.

[ March 07, 2007, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich