How Can We Make Draft Champions Better & Faster?

Greg Ambrosius

How Can We Make Draft Champions Better & Faster?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Okay, I know you folks are knee deep in this year's baseball season and it's hard to imagine another draft season ahead. But we are preparing for our first season under SportsHub Technologies' software and working in advance of the 2018 season to make sure it's the best it can be.

Believe it or not, we're just three months away from starting the Draft Champions season. We hope to launch these shortly after the World Series in early November and continue strong through the end of March. Now the key is to find the right fixes to make these multi-day drafts more enjoyable and better for everyone.

Tom and I went to St. Louis last month to talk with the IT team and I think we've come up with some good solutions. These will be implemented in the upcoming season and hopefully they will make the drafting experience better and better. We had over 3,000 NFBC Draft Champions teams this year and with better technology, a more user-friendly online draft room and the chance to make picks off multiple devices we believe the numbers can go even higher.

Here are some of the items we cleared with IT today regarding the Draft Champions Leagues to make this all possible:

1. We will have a Pause overnight on the clock, likely from midnight CT to 7 am CT.
2. Owners will still be able to make picks while the clock is Paused.
3. The clock will pick up where it left off at 7 am CT. So if you had 1 hour and 15 minutes left at midnight, it will start with 1:15 on the clock at 7 am.
4. We will have an Average Time Per Pick per Participant for each league on the site.

5. We are also going to change the way we launch these drafts. The idea is to start them 1 hour after they fill, rather than at 1 pm ET the next day. We will do them 1 hour later as long as they don't fill during the Pause period. If that happens, they will start after 7 am CT. This will allow us to start quicker and keep things rolling. The way the setup is now, drafts can fill up at 8 am and you won't start for another 28 hours at 1 pm ET the next day. That's not ideal.

6. When we first launch the Draft Room, we likely won't have Multiple Ques available. We have so many items that need to get finished first with the launch of football, basketball and baseball that this will come later. It's definitely on the docket to get done in 2018 and that will help speed up drafts as well, but it won't be ready right away. But multiple round Ques where you can put players you want in say Rounds 11 and 12 separately will be coming at some point. We think this is an important part of having owners learn to put players in their Que and to trust the 1 Round Auto Pick feature.

7. One last item of note: Is there interest in making these 4 hour drafts rather than 8 hours since we are turning off the clock each night? Do we really need anyone to take 8 hours during the day to make their pick? Again, the 8 hours was always there to allow folks to sleep at night, but now that the clock is turned off at night I wonder if we really need that long of a clock from midnight CT to 7 am CT. What do you think?

8. The new software will also allow you to easily make picks on a smartphone, an iPad/tablet, desktop or laptop. Making picks on a phone should make it easier to make picks in this format.

The new HTML draft room will be fully tested as part of CDM's football launch and the new Fanball daily football contest. You'll see the layout of that room soon. It will be very similar for baseball.

We will again have different price points for the NFBC Draft Champions Leagues and we can designate different pick times (maybe it's 4 hours and 2 hours, or maybe we keep that 8 hour contest intact). I'd love to hear feedback on that now that you know we'll have the Pause feature at night.

If I'm missing anything post here. We have plenty of time to get these right and make the 2018 Draft Champions season the best one ever. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Re: How Can We Make Draft Champions Better & Faster?

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:56 pm

I love the overnight pause feature but I think you have to bring it down to 4 hours to keep it fun. Otherwise it technically means someone could say make pick #14 at 11PM, log off, the other owner would make picks #15 and #16 back to back and then the other owner could take until about 3PM to make pick #17. That's a very long time.

My only other comment about the Draft Champions leagues is that I'd love to be able to do 5 or 10 of these and then just forget about setting the lineups or just set them once every 2 weeks or something like that. The lineup part puts a limit on the number of teams the average adult with a job and a family can sign up for. I guess something like the best ball format in football would be great but I don't know how it could work. I'm sure there'd be interest in something like that so just thought I'd throw it out there.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:18 pm

I think 4 hours is sufficient going forward. These leagues began when many players didn't have smartphones or had limited data plans. Everyone is wired now, if you can't pick in four hours you can certainly have your queue setup to make the pick.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Greg: Sounds great. Strongly agree with KJ - with a nighttime pause, there is no need for eight-hour clocks, especially with mobile drafting, Auto-draft, and alerts. No objection if you want to offer an odd 8-hour draft every now and then if there are some folks that do need the extra time, but the "norm" should be four hours (or less).

Keeping these drafts moving will lead to a better drafting experience and more teams being bought. While all of your changes sound positive, for many the biggest impediment or drawback to DC leagues is not the draft room or software, but the odd, unresponsive owner (or two) who holds a league hostage. I've seen so many leagues lose momentum, and then become painfully protracted, simply because one or two owners take forever to pick and refuse to communicate. (When an owner is unavailable for a spell, it almost always is no big deal if they at least communicate and let other folks know when things will pick up again.) For the last few years, I've done one or two random DC leagues per year, but usually find them frustrating and limit myself to either the 4-hour drafts that MTM runs or the vet-filled leagues that Dan Kenyon sets up (which routinely have an 8-hour clock but tend to average about eight minutes per pick). I know others who either have given up on the format or similarly limit themselves to leagues where they know all or most of the other owners. This past year, I wound-up doing eight leagues, but I think six of them were "fast" MTM/Doughboys leagues. If random leagues moved more consistently, I definitely would do more leagues. Thus, anything you can do to keep these leagues moving is a worthwhile improvement in my opinion. Also, just to make sure my remarks are not misinterpreted, while I tend to like faster DC drafts, there is nothing wrong with leisurely-paced leagues (3-5 rounds per day). I can find them enjoyable as well; I just personally have no tolerance for leagues where a few owners routinely take 4-8 hours to pick, thereby essentially dooming the rest of the owners to 1-2 picks per day (and those occasional zero-pick days). At a minimum, shortening the clock will help to remove the assumption that these are "slow" or "eight hours per pick" leagues. Just my two cents.

Thanks.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Three additional thoughts that probably were mentioned in prior threads but, to ensure they are not lost:

1. For folks that may not have access to email for a spell, making it easy to get text alerts when an owner is on the clock, or perhaps on deck, would be very helpful.

2. Not sure why, but there was a longstanding problem with the prior software where if you set Auto-Draft on one device (e.g., laptop, tablet) and then checked into the draft room via a different device (e.g., phone), it would undo the Auto-Draft. Seemed like that caused delays at least once per league where an owner thought he was on Auto but had accidentally turned it off by checking in on things. Let's get this fixed if it hasn't already been fixed.

3. If there was a way where you could tell who was in the draft room via any device, that would be helpful. With the old software, a dot would go on if an owner entered the draft room but then it would stay on after the owner left, and this only could be fixed by remembering to constantly hit refresh. A smaller issue, perhaps, but it would improve things if we could accurately tell who is in and not in the draft room at all times.

Thanks again.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Philippe27 wrote:I love the overnight pause feature but I think you have to bring it down to 4 hours to keep it fun. Otherwise it technically means someone could say make pick #14 at 11PM, log off, the other owner would make picks #15 and #16 back to back and then the other owner could take until about 3PM to make pick #17. That's a very long time.

My only other comment about the Draft Champions leagues is that I'd love to be able to do 5 or 10 of these and then just forget about setting the lineups or just set them once every 2 weeks or something like that. The lineup part puts a limit on the number of teams the average adult with a job and a family can sign up for. I guess something like the best ball format in football would be great but I don't know how it could work. I'm sure there'd be interest in something like that so just thought I'd throw it out there.
Check out the NFBC's Cutline Championship. That has best ball scoring.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Good to know, my bad I missed that.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:33 am

If possible, the 7-hour pause should be customizable by owner. My pause on the East Coast is a different time than a 7-hour pause for an owner on the West Coast.

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT if it can be done: Fantasy Pros I believe had/has the capability of importing a spreadsheet list of player names to be used as your queue. Sometimes fuzzy logic is applied to player names, but by-and-large this works by importing a file. I'd much rather import 800+ names and fix the 5-10% or so that didn't get imported than physically moving 800+ players up and down a pre-made list. Otherwise I do not use the queue at all.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:00 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: 5. We are also going to change the way we launch these drafts. The idea is to start them 1 hour after they fill, rather than at 1 pm ET the next day. We will do them 1 hour later as long as they don't fill during the Pause period. If that happens, they will start after 7 am CT. This will allow us to start quicker and keep things rolling. The way the setup is now, drafts can fill up at 8 am and you won't start for another 28 hours at 1 pm ET the next day. That's not ideal.
Please explain how this will affect KDS. It seems potentially that the 15th person to sign up will have 60 minutes to prepare to draft including setting the KDS preferences. Will the draft order be announced before the draft begins or will owners find out at the time the draft commences?
Greg Ambrosius wrote: 7. One last item of note: Is there interest in making these 4 hour drafts rather than 8 hours since we are turning off the clock each night? Do we really need anyone to take 8 hours during the day to make their pick? Again, the 8 hours was always there to allow folks to sleep at night, but now that the clock is turned off at night I wonder if we really need that long of a clock from 7 am CT to midnight CT. What do you think?
I think you'll see the market drive the demand for 4 or even 2 hour drafts but it would be short sighted to eliminate completely the 8 hour option. Keep in mind you have new customers each year who have never competed at NFBC and will be intimidated by the shorter clock until they get their feet wet.
Greg Ambrosius wrote: If I'm missing anything post here. We have plenty of time to get these right and make the 2018 Draft Champions season the best one ever. Thanks all.
An improvement I'd like to see for in season management would be the ability to move my long term DL (ie out for the season) players to the very bottom of my 50 player roster screen so the remaining player list isn't so cluttered up with invalid players.

Or maybe just a click box to "hide" players somehow.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 am

General improvement, not specific to DCs: it would be nice to have an icon next to players who are in the minors, or are suspended, much like the DL icon. It's nice to quickly scan your roster and know who is/isn't on the active 25 man MLB roster.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:23 am

Bronx Yankees wrote:Three additional thoughts that probably were mentioned in prior threads but, to ensure they are not lost:

1. For folks that may not have access to email for a spell, making it easy to get text alerts when an owner is on the clock, or perhaps on deck, would be very helpful.

2. Not sure why, but there was a longstanding problem with the prior software where if you set Auto-Draft on one device (e.g., laptop, tablet) and then checked into the draft room via a different device (e.g., phone), it would undo the Auto-Draft. Seemed like that caused delays at least once per league where an owner thought he was on Auto but had accidentally turned it off by checking in on things. Let's get this fixed if it hasn't already been fixed.

3. If there was a way where you could tell who was in the draft room via any device, that would be helpful. With the old software, a dot would go on if an owner entered the draft room but then it would stay on after the owner left, and this only could be fixed by remembering to constantly hit refresh. A smaller issue, perhaps, but it would improve things if we could accurately tell who is in and not in the draft room at all times.

Thanks again.

Mike
Great points. I meant to talk about Number 1. We will have the option to NOT receive email alerts if you don't want them and we hope to have the option for text alerts rather than email alerts. That will take a little more programming time and might not be available right away, but it's on the To Do List.

That won't happen going forward because the same software is being used on all devices. It just scales down to the device. I don't see that being a problem.

Again, that will be the same on every device and you will see who is in the draft room. On the STATS platform, it wouldn't show up in HTML, but would in Flash. It affected us as well because we were calling guys to get in the draft room when they were already there. That won't happen going forward. If you're in the draft room we will know next year.

Good questions. Bad nightmares.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 am

mdecav wrote:If possible, the 7-hour pause should be customizable by owner. My pause on the East Coast is a different time than a 7-hour pause for an owner on the West Coast.

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT if it can be done: Fantasy Pros I believe had/has the capability of importing a spreadsheet list of player names to be used as your queue. Sometimes fuzzy logic is applied to player names, but by-and-large this works by importing a file. I'd much rather import 800+ names and fix the 5-10% or so that didn't get imported than physically moving 800+ players up and down a pre-made list. Otherwise I do not use the queue at all.
I don't think a customizable pause is going to happen. Again, you can still draft during the pause, but the clock will stop likely between midnight and 7 ET. If it's a 4-hour clock, you have cushion on both sides of that clock no matter where you live.

Making the Draft Prep page so much easier to use is down the road. I'll discuss with IT about this. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 am

We will discuss the start time after the league fills, but I'd love to do it 1 hour later. If we announce draft spots 15 minutes or even 30 minutes before the start time that still gives that last owner 30-45 minutes to set his KDS. For Online Championship leagues, that last owner has 15 minutes to set his KDS before draft spots are announced. So yes people will have to set their KDS preferences after they sign up, but soon that will be normal rather than unnormal (if that's a word).

We can keep 8 hours, but with a 7 hour pause each night, it could extend these leagues into a length that really turns drafters off. I mean, if someone is on the clock 6 hours and then waits 7 hours and it auto-picks him after 2 hours the next morning that's 15 hours for one guy. Do we want that or do we want to train folks to be ready to pick in 4 hours of clock time? You're not alone in your thought, so maybe we do offer this, but it's something we need to think about.

We have asked for moving of your bench the way you like it. I'll have to ask on the status of that, but yes that is a good option going forward.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 am

mdecav wrote:General improvement, not specific to DCs: it would be nice to have an icon next to players who are in the minors, or are suspended, much like the DL icon. It's nice to quickly scan your roster and know who is/isn't on the active 25 man MLB roster.
Good suggestion. I don't think we've requested this, but as we get closer to the start of the baseball season remind me to request this. DL icon should be easy, but I'll see about the minors icon. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:43 am

In the past, we have had an eight hour clock for DC Drafts as a 'Main default'.
Why do we need a 'Main Default'?
Why use a main time frame at all?
Give choices of 2 hour, 4 hour, and 8 hour time frames.
Let each of them fill as they will.
I know folks that work at night, they could use the 8 hour time frame.
Four hours for the guy who can check more frequently.
And two hours for drafters who prefer a more rapid pace.

In the past, I've felt that 4 hour drafts had a hard time filling because they were not 'featured' as 8 hour drafts were.
Choices for each individual drafter is the key.
When we are doing one of our 'fast-slow' drafts in which picks are coming minutes apart, I also like to have a more relaxed draft going on at the same time.
Don't 'feature' a specific time frame. It only limits players or drafters.
Feature all choices.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:55 am

i don't get the pause option. with people drafting from all over, it seems like a detriment. most dc's have some communication, especially at the beginning where people identify their whereabouts and their hours to be able to draft. and the draft moves forward knowing player b is unable to draft from 10pm-5am est and MOST of the time, it will be worked out that player a will hold up drafting about that time, or go on auto and time out or whatever to accommodate player b.
it's not fool proof but it seems to work the majority of the time.
having done dc's with the pause, not a fan.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Another general suggestion, not specific to DCs, is the ability to see the probable starting pitchers for the upcoming period in the same instance as setting lineups. Often I have a binary choice of starting Player A versus Player B, and the pitchers they face is part of that decision.

I realize we have a webpage where the probable starters are listed but when managing a number of DC teams it would be a lot easier to see everything on one webpage versus toggling and scrolling through the Probable Starters webpage.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:We will discuss the start time after the league fills, but I'd love to do it 1 hour later. If we announce draft spots 15 minutes or even 30 minutes before the start time that still gives that last owner 30-45 minutes to set his KDS. For Online Championship leagues, that last owner has 15 minutes to set his KDS before draft spots are announced. So yes people will have to set their KDS preferences after they sign up, but soon that will be normal rather than unnormal (if that's a word).

We can keep 8 hours, but with a 7 hour pause each night, it could extend these leagues into a length that really turns drafters off. I mean, if someone is on the clock 6 hours and then waits 7 hours and it auto-picks him after 2 hours the next morning that's 15 hours for one guy. Do we want that or do we want to train folks to be ready to pick in 4 hours of clock time? You're not alone in your thought, so maybe we do offer this, but it's something we need to think about.

We have asked for moving of your bench the way you like it. I'll have to ask on the status of that, but yes that is a good option going forward.
I haven't played on CBS in years but they had the clock pause overnight 00:00-06:00 for slow drafts and there was never a problem of waiting for hours on end the way you fear. But I agree the potential is there.

If it ever happened I'd bet those other drafters would start looking at joining a 4 hour league the next time around. :lol:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: I don't think a customizable pause is going to happen. Again, you can still draft during the pause, but the clock will stop likely between midnight and 7 ET. If it's a 4-hour clock, you have cushion on both sides of that clock no matter where you live.

Making the Draft Prep page so much easier to use is down the road. I'll discuss with IT about this. Thanks.
12-7 ET is terrible for left coasters. Most of us can draft well past 9pm and nobody is up at 4am. Some of us aren't always up at 8am, which means we time out.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 am

cfolson wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: I don't think a customizable pause is going to happen. Again, you can still draft during the pause, but the clock will stop likely between midnight and 7 ET. If it's a 4-hour clock, you have cushion on both sides of that clock no matter where you live.

12-7 ET is terrible for left coasters. Most of us can draft well past 9pm and nobody is up at 4am. Some of us aren't always up at 8am, which means we time out.
Agreed. Timeout should be 1am-9am ET .... this allows you to checkout at 10pm local time on either coast and still have until 10am local time the next morning (worst case) to make a pick.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:26 am

cfolson wrote:

My original post stated that we would like the Pause to be from midnight to 7 am CT, so that's 1 am to 8 am ET. So yeah if we need to go from 1 am to 9 am ET we can do that, but 10 pm PT seems early enough to see if you're on the clock at the Pause and then you'd have 4 hours after 5 am PT if the clock turned back on at 8 am ET.

So we're almost on the same page, whether it's 1 am ET to 8 or 9 am ET. Pause for 7 or 8 hours, I guess, is the question now.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:26 am

No preference but I'd like to nominate the following image as desktop wallpaper for this thread:
Attachments
original.jpg
original.jpg (100.6 KiB) Viewed 15665 times
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:43 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
cfolson wrote:

My original post stated that we would like the Pause to be from midnight to 7 am CT, so that's 1 am to 8 am ET. So yeah if we need to go from 1 am to 9 am ET we can do that, but 10 pm PT seems early enough to see if you're on the clock at the Pause and then you'd have 4 hours after 5 am PT if the clock turned back on at 8 am ET.

So we're almost on the same page, whether it's 1 am ET to 8 or 9 am ET. Pause for 7 or 8 hours, I guess, is the question now.
My vote would be for the shorter Pause. As I understand it, the Pause stops the clock, but the team on the clock gets the full time to pick. Therefore, if I'm understanding this right, if a four-hour clock for picks were to be combined with an eight-hour Pause, you could have as much as a 12-hour interval without a single pick being made. I realize to some extent this "issue" is unavoidable given multiple time zones, but an eight-hour pause still seems potentially excessive, recognizing that picks still can be made during the Pause and the team on the clock at the beginning of the Pause may not use the full time. Still, if an eight-hour overnight Pause is the price to pay to get more folks used to four-hour (and/or shorter) clocks, it would be well worth it. Regardless of the initial Pause selected, I imagine it can be a easily tweaked later on, as needed, once folks get used to having shorter clocks.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
cfolson wrote:

That makes more sense. I only noticed the quoted post that said 12-7 ET.

morons

Post by morons » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:23 am

My thoughts...

1) I think you are playing with fire by shortening the draft time less than 8 hours....Look at this season football DC drafts thus far: We are starting our 51st $150 8-hour draft but only have 10 full $150 4-hour leagues thus far....41 more leagues on the 8-hour schedule compared to 4-hours....Why is that?? What is the conclusion?? If everybody wanted a 4-hour time limit, than shouldn't those 4-hour drafts be filling up much faster than the 8 hour drafts??

Considering just the $150 price point- 612 people have signed up for 8-hour drafts thus far in football, but only 120 people have signed up for 4-hour drafts. So which has the greater demand?? Which has the stronger customer base?? Why would you mess up something that has sold FIVE TIMES more successfully than the thing that you are trying to turn it into? You already have 4-hour DC drafts available, people can sign up for those if they want a 4-hour draft.

The question shouldn't be "How can we make Draft Champions Better and Faster", instead it should be "Howz Come The 4-hour drafts aren't as popular as the 8 hour drafts?"

Its the vocal minority that want the faster drafts. It's not everyone....or even a majority...the data says otherwise.

I do agree that DC drafts could speed up a bit, especially as the draft progresses into "Benchwarmer Time" It seems after round 30 or so most drafters could just import their Draft List and set to auto.

Perhaps a compromise:
8 hours for rounds 1-10
6 hours for rounds 11-30
4 hours for rounds 31-50.

I think it is reasonable to have time to consider, research, and reconsider the early picks but as the draft goes on, this should be less time-consuming. It would also challenge the tendency of several drafters who deliberitely stall drafts during training camp time waiting for late-breaking news about injuries, last-minute signings, camp position battles, etc. I know that baseball drafts started in March generally take longer than those started in January and February as do football drafts starting in August take longer than those started earlier in the summer.

2) I never understood why a new DC draft didn't start until 1pm EST the day after it fills. I like the idea of starting earlier, but you should make it a consistent start time like 9am EST or something like that so everyone knows. How does everyone know that their league is full if the last sign-up is late at night? If you start one hour after the league fills, you will run into situations where someone like me signs up for a DC draft at 11pm on the west coast and then the draft starts at 3am EST and no one knows it. As it is now, you cannot open the draft room page until the league fills, and you wouldn't be able to set your queue on autopick until 3am EST in the scenario given earlier. You'll have more chaos from that than you ever wanted.

3) Another feature that I would love, and it would not have to be just for Draft Champions, it could be for all leagues: A Master Draft List

I want to be able to create my draft list rankings, have it saved on the "My teams page" and every time I sign up for a new draft, I can import that "Master List" into my new draft (I don't want to have to scroll through the drop-down box listing all of my teams in a nonsensical order to find which one has the most recent copy of my rankings)....More importantly, if I make a change to my "Master List", that change automatically updates my player ranking list in all the other active DC drafts that I have imported my list into.

As the pre-season preparation goes on, I just want to go one list to update my rankings

Let's pretend I have four DC drafts going right now....Let's pretend Player X for the Milwaukee Brewers tears his ACL, is out for the season, and the Brew Crew signs Greg Ambrosius to be his replacement. Obviously, that makes Greg Ambrosius a must-have pick....So I want to be able to go to my Master Draft list on My Team page, remove Player X from the list, and move Greg Ambrosius up in the rankings...and have this change automatically reflected in al of my active drafts that my Master List had been imported too. As it stands now, I either have to go into each team to do that or adjust one team and then re-import that team's list into all the other teams.

And if you want extra-credit....After the season starts, I'd like the remaining available player pool in my league to be sorted based on my Master List. So when I do FAAB, I click on the free agent list for a specific league, and it's sorted based on my rankings. So if the Brewers sign Tom Kessenich after week 3, I can go to my Master List, put Tom where I think he should be ranked, and that change automatically is reflected in all my leagues because the FAAB available players in each league gets sorted based on my list, not whatever default list is used. If you could accomplish this, I think the FAAB process would be much easier and lead to people doing more teams that require FAAB.

Just a few thoughts...