Cutline League Standings 5/7/17

orangemen90

Cutline League Standings 5/7/17

Post by orangemen90 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Don't get the math of the standings sometime makes no sense.. here is on example... the standings as released by NFBC and reviewed last night show my team 3 points ahead of the next team...my team scores 7 points less that than team so fare today at 3:43 pm and that team is 34 point behind...seems odd...Cutline Mar 19 1pm Lg 4843..

KJ Duke

Re: Cutline League Standings 5/7/17

Post by KJ Duke » Sun May 07, 2017 2:53 pm

What you describe will happen a lot, it is the nature of optimal weekly scoring. Your bench players could score 100 points today, but if they don't eclipse the points scored by players in those positions for the week-to-date they are worth ZERO to your optimal lineup. The only way to evaluate the day-to-day is by looking at the optimal lineup change from one day to the next for both you and your opponent and calculating the net point gain/loss at each position.

orangemen90

Post by orangemen90 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:38 am

KJ Duke wrote:What you describe will happen a lot, it is the nature of optimal weekly scoring. Your bench players could score 100 points today, but if they don't eclipse the points scored by players in those positions for the week-to-date they are worth ZERO to your optimal lineup. The only way to evaluate the day-to-day is by looking at the optimal lineup change from one day to the next for both you and your opponent and calculating the net point gain/loss at each position.

Then today starting with 0 for all positions should roll from the standings in the email to the total the next day for the scores on that monday...

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 pm

I am also a bit puzzled. I looked at my standings in the league this morning and they total exactly the number of points I should have if I add each weekly "stats" used from week 1 through the current period, week 7 (total of 3229). But, even before a pitch is thrown today, my "live scoring" for the day shows me with 27 fewer points as my "total" YTD of 3202.

It seems to have the right scoring for the period (164) but 27 fewer points on the total "live" page than the standings show. I suppose I am OK as long as the standings are correct. It just makes looking at "live scoring" and "live standings" useless.
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Top Dawg wrote:I am also a bit puzzled. I looked at my standings in the league this morning and they total exactly the number of points I should have if I add each weekly "stats" used from week 1 through the current period, week 7 (total of 3229). But, even before a pitch is thrown today, my "live scoring" for the day shows me with 27 fewer points as my "total" YTD of 3202.

It seems to have the right scoring for the period (164) but 27 fewer points on the total "live" page than the standings show. I suppose I am OK as long as the standings are correct. It just makes looking at "live scoring" and "live standings" useless.
Your League Standings page is correct, but there shouldn't be a discrepency with your Live Scoring total. I've asked STATS to take a look at this now and hopefully it will be corrected soon. Thanks for the heads up.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 am

Top Dawg wrote:I am also a bit puzzled. I looked at my standings in the league this morning and they total exactly the number of points I should have if I add each weekly "stats" used from week 1 through the current period, week 7 (total of 3229). But, even before a pitch is thrown today, my "live scoring" for the day shows me with 27 fewer points as my "total" YTD of 3202.

This is fixed. Points should match now.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius