NFBC Prize Checks Now Going Out On Thursday

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Prize Checks Now Going Out On Thursday

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:53 pm

I hate to present this news today, but unfortunately NFBC checks did not go out in the mail today. I know it's already been a month since the end of the season and adding more time to the payout process is not right. But you'll understand why there was a delay shortly.

But first things first. The internal audit at STATS is still ongoing and taking longer than was expected, so now we have hired a third party to deliver the checks for us. The NFBC checks will be coming from CDM Fantasy Sports and the checks will actually say CDM. Our old friends from the Fanball days are able to help us with this payout process and all of our 2016 NFBC checks will be coming from CDM. Don't be shocked when you see this year's winning checks being paid by CDM, but right now it's the fastest way to get your money in your hands. 1099s for everything will still come from STATS at the end of the year.

Yes, we thought we had a way to get those checks processed and sent out by today, but on Wednesday I can explain why we have the added delay. Everything should be completed by Wednesday and mailed out to all of our winners. Again, don't be alarmed when you see the envelope and checks from CDM Fantasy Sports. Thanks to Charlie, John, Henry and the gang for stepping in when we needed a hand and doing this for us.

All of us here at the NFBC apologize for the delay. After this season we will have Player Accounts and an ewallet system to deposit your winnings shortly after the season. We won't be doing all payments just by check in the future. We are partnering with an existing industry company to make this happen. We'll give more details on that and 2017 news on Wednesday.

I wish I had better news on this front. The delay is an extra five days and I know it's not right, but it's where we're at right now. I'll give an update as soon as I know more, but on Wednesday hopefully we'll have all checks in the mail. We definitely can't start 2017 until all 2016 winners are paid off. Sorry for the delay.

We will send out an email to alert everyone as well.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

poopytooth

Re: NFBC Prize Checks Now Going Out On Wednesday

Post by poopytooth » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:14 pm

No problem. You have always paid out (not that i am a big winner ever :) but thank you for the head's up.

Keeping money in the accounts next year will be great!

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:28 am

Are checks still going out today?

What about 2017 information?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Teufel Hunden wrote:Are checks still going out today?

What about 2017 information?
All checks are still going out from CDM Fantasy Sports, so be aware that your NFBC checks will come from a CDM Fantasy Sports address, in a CDM envelope and on a CDM check. We have hired this third-party to help us with the payment process this year. Everything is in place for checks to go out tonight or tomorrow as we are just waiting on the wire from STATS. Once that is done the checks can be released.

We can truly say that this is the last time you'll ever have a payment delay like this from the NFBC or NFFC. That guarantee will be understood more tomorrow when we make an announcement on the future of our contests and a new process for receiving prize winnings. We do have positive news to report, but yes change is in the air. It's all good, but change is coming.

First we must pay off baseball winners and that is coming in the next day. Then we'll announce our 2017 lineup card. I'll know more this afternoon, but yes look for these winning checks in the mail very shortly.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Update: We did receive prize money from STATS late this afternoon so all checks will begin going out tomorrow. Sorry for the one day delay, but we should be rolling these out tomorrow. Look for these checks and more details on 2017 NFBC very soon. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:57 pm

So going out tomorrow, I wonder how long my mail carrier will take this year :lol:

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Greg,

For those who won multiple contests (i.e. main event, satellite, DCs):
Will that person receive one check with combined winnings or multiple checks ?

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:46 pm

rkulaski wrote:Greg,

For those who won multiple contests (i.e. main event, satellite, DCs):
Will that person receive one check with combined winnings or multiple checks ?

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else.
It will be one check.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFBC Prize Checks Now Going Out On Thursday

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:53 am

Charlie just sent me a picture of a bin of checks in envelopes, stamped and ready to be mailed out. All checks are going out now, so look for them shortly. A special THANKS to the folks at CDM Fantasy Sports who helped us out here and THANKS to all of our NFBC owners for being so patient.

Let's get you paid and then let's get the site live for 2017. Look for a few more key announcements shortly. But the long wait is over and payments are in the mail. Enjoy and congrats to all of our great winners.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Just a heads up that anyone with a check of $20,000 or more is getting their checks sent 2 day priority. Nice touch by CDM. Thanks guys.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Greg - When can we expect to start hearing more news about the upcoming season. 2016 was so last year. What's up your sleeve for 2017? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:Greg - When can we expect to start hearing more news about the upcoming season. 2016 was so last year. What's up your sleeve for 2017? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Mike
Yes!
When will we see the "inauguration" of the new fantasy baseball season? ;)

Really looking forward to trying out the Cutline in 2017.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:Greg - When can we expect to start hearing more news about the upcoming season. 2016 was so last year. What's up your sleeve for 2017? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Mike
+1

Yes, I am ready to spend way too much time looking over the live schedule and figure out how to avoid all of the NYC Sharks (like yourself) if I fly out for 1st weekend.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Mike
Yeah, maybe I can start posting tomorrow. We're still working on the live events, but we have enough information to start teasing the upcoming schedule. I just wasn't going to do anything for 2017 until we paid off 2016. We can start promoting Season 14 tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest. 8-)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Teufel Hunden wrote:

Mike
+1

Yes, I am ready to spend way too much time looking over the live schedule and figure out how to avoid all of the NYC Sharks (like yourself) if I fly out for 1st weekend.
Tom - I don't know how NYC drafts compare to Vegas or Chicago (yet), but I can tell you that drafting in NYC is an absolute blast. Very tough competition, great guys, lots of drafting opportunities, and a good crowd of folks willing to continue the fantasy baseball chatter over drinks, apps and/or steaks when the drafts are done for the night. I'm sure you (and others thinking about making the trek to the Big Apple for drafts) will have a great time if you can make it. Saw you had some nice success of your own this past year, including in auctions. Well, there's a lot of auction activity and really strong auction players in NYC. (I've yet to do a live NFBC auction but am thinking of popping that cherry this Spring and will likely get pummeled, but still have a great time.) Hope to meet you in NYC this March. Now all we need is for Greg to start releasing some details .... ;)

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 pm

[/quote]

Tom - I don't know how NYC drafts compare to Vegas or Chicago (yet), but I can tell you that drafting in NYC is an absolute blast. Very tough competition, great guys, lots of drafting opportunities, and a good crowd of folks willing to continue the fantasy baseball chatter over drinks, apps and/or steaks when the drafts are done for the night. I'm sure you (and others thinking about making the trek to the Big Apple for drafts) will have a great time if you can make it. Saw you had some nice success of your own this past year, including in auctions. Well, there's a lot of auction activity and really strong auction players in NYC. (I've yet to do a live NFBC auction but am thinking of popping that cherry this Spring and will likely get pummeled, but still have a great time.) Hope to meet you in NYC this March. Now all we need is for Greg to start releasing some details .... ;)

Mike[/quote]

Planning on the first weekend in NYC and second in Vegas. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting many many new ones. Live drafting, especially auction, against top competition, is as good as it gets in this hobby. Something tells me you will at worst, enjoy the pummeling, and most likely do plenty of pummeling yourself. That is the nature of live auction, everyone takes a beating.

Last year was my first to attend NFBC live drafts, and would strongly recommend to anyone that has not taken the plunge, make the trip. The sight of six Main Event leagues being drafted in one immense banquet room with 100+ owners/co-owners is awesome. Although, nothing can top being in an auction with Brady Tinker running the show.

Quit teasing the junkies Greg. Give us our fix! :D

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:09 am

Well......?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:51 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Well......?
The good news is that IT says everything is in place to start Draft Champions leagues next week. Let me make a post with the contest details for the Draft Champions Leagues and then start a signup list for the first DCs of the season before we do anything. Let's hope for a late week launch and anything before then is gravy. This will be our first step to launching 2017.

I'll try to post some contest details soon. Tom and I are updating the site with new email addresses and a new company name, new URL, etc. right now. Let us get all of this done first so that we can get the site live next week. We also can't post anything until our press release comes out. Launching the week before Thanksgiving would be special. Stay tuned.

One note is that our URL will change and everyone will have to log into the new URL and log into the site. Once you do that your computer will remember this new site and your login information. You won't have to do it again, but get your username and password handy because you will be logging into a new URL for 2017 baseball. We'll help where needed, but find your username and password now. ;) Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Will there be continued access to our old teams/leagues and historical data like we have now?

Will the forums site change names as well?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Deadheadz wrote:.

Will there be continued access to our old teams/leagues and historical data like we have now?

Will the forums site change names as well?

Of course.

Yes.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Texas Connection

Post by Texas Connection » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Received my check today from Sportshub Technologies LLC. Thanks Greg and Tom for all you do.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:00 pm

received my check today- it is 1/2 of what it should be- what should I do?

Money

Post by Money » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Last edited by Money on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:17 am

I'm not a fan of others using my money either..
Still, they do so with total disregard of my feelings.
It really sucks.
I won't stand for it any longer.
Such a horrible feeling.
Bastards.

Note to self- Win next year.

(things could be worse, Joe)
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I'm not a fan of others using my money either..
Still, they do so with total disregard of my feelings.
It really sucks.
I won't stand for it any longer.
Such a horrible feeling.
Bastards.

Note to self- Win next year.

(things could be worse, Joe)
Well noted Dan
Joe