Player nicknames

Deadheadz

Player nicknames

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 am

Just curious if any of you have nicknames for players on your fantasy teams.

Ever since returning from his DL stint, I've been referring to the Tampa Bay second baseman as: 0-for-Forsythe.
three_strikes.jpg
three_strikes.jpg (7.69 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Edwards Kings

Re: Player nicknames

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 am

Most of my batters have the same nickname..."Lazy Dumb Bastard". :?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:12 pm

I just tend to curse out any manager that brings one of my closers into a non-save situation (because it often ends poorly for my ratios) or leaves in a struggling starter for way too long (and then invariably brings in a really crappy reliever just to ensure that everyone on base becomes an earned run).

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

swampass

Post by swampass » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 pm

sure.. i got Triple F or FFF.....for Fat F#ck Fielder.... also known affectionately as Fatty if he happens to get a hit which is rare.

I hate andrew cashner's beard and frankly his pitching so i refer to him as White Trash Cash.

But in general... "Loser" is what most of my team goes by.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:I just tend to curse out any manager that brings one of my closers into a non-save situation (because it often ends poorly for my ratios) or leaves in a struggling starter for way too long (and then invariably brings in a really crappy reliever just to ensure that everyone on base becomes an earned run).
What's worse for Jameson Taillon?
Getting a comebacker off the noggin :o
Melancon blowing the save and stealing the win :evil:

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Bronx Yankees wrote:I just tend to curse out any manager that brings one of my closers into a non-save situation (because it often ends poorly for my ratios) or leaves in a struggling starter for way too long (and then invariably brings in a really crappy reliever just to ensure that everyone on base becomes an earned run).
What's worse for Jameson Taillon?
Getting a comebacker off the noggin :o
Melancon blowing the save and stealing the win :evil:

That was quite the blow to his head. I couldn't believe they let him stay in the game. I suppose they have smart people analyzing the situation. Hopefully he is ok.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Ian "En Fuego" Kennedy - 4.1 IP, 8 K, 1 BB, 7 ER (14.538 ERA), 1.615 WHIP
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer