to drop Dee or not

BK METS

Re: to drop Dee or not

Post by BK METS » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:04 am

80 games. They have to give us the option to drop him. Picking him up might be a different story though I would say he should be able to be picked up. 80 games is a lot of missed time. My opinion anyways.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:05 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:i see Dan trying to lower his value. hmmm. well played sir, well played
Ha!
The information is there for everybody.
For me personally, I believe that out of 1 in 15 faabers to have a go at Gordon, that I would be far down on the totem pole.
No matter the 'value'. :lol:
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:22 am

I think it would be on the ridiculous side not to allow folks to FAAB him. He's confirmed out half the season. You'd have to waste a roster spot on him for half the year, and you're spending your own FAAB, seems fair to me.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 am

I can see some Gordon owners dropping him and others keeping him. Probably depends on whether they have other injured players or more desirable stashes on their bench, how badly they think they may need Gordon's SBs later in the year, etc.

While I am not sure how high the bids would go for Gordon, I can see that in every league where he is dropped, at least one of the 14 owners (and probably many more) would be willing to find a place on his bench for the disgraced speedster.

This certainly does not impact competitive balance within a league. The guy is out for half a season (at least), and so it would not be unreasonable for some owners to drop him, and the other 14 owners will have an equal opportunity to stash him. I certainly could see him failing to return value commensurate with the winning bid, so there is no guarantee a winning bidder for him somehow would be advantaged. In terms of impacting competitive balance within the overall competition, I guess I just don't see it given that the choice to drop would not be unreasonable (may not be wise, but it is not unreasonable) and the winning bidders the following week are taking an albatross on their benches for three months with no guarantee of any big payoff. This seems different from the case where someone makes what appears to be an asinine drop and competitive balance really is shifted. Rather, this seems more akin to a highly-coveted minor-league speedster who comes up for a day, appears in FAAB, and then is sent back down (only we know now he will be called up 80 games later).

All this being said, I wouldn't care strongly one way or the other whether Gordon is allowed into FAAB or not, but agree with Mark and others that clarity should be provided this week given that: (a) the facts are known now; and (b) if there is a chance he is placed into FAAB, it may impact bidding this week.

Just my two cents.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:00 pm

FAAB was invented for this. You want Gordon- bring your checkbook.
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Gekko wrote:The real question is...will the NFBC allow him to be bid on in leagues he is dropped... If so, temper bidding this weekend
Anybody suspended for half a year can certainly be dropped and picked up at their own risk. It's all part of the game my friends.

We all know how valuable those 7 reserve spots are. Everyone can value Gordon's value going forward if he's available in your league after this week. Again, all part of the game, unfortunately.

This REALLY sucks for a lot of people. With stolen bases at a 31-year low, Gordon's value to our game was immense. If Gordon is doing it, who else could be doing it? Let's hope no one else, but that seems naive of me. :evil:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Gekko wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:
Gekko wrote:The real question is...will the NFBC allow him to be bid on in leagues he is dropped... If so, temper bidding this weekend
Why wouldn't he be able to be bid on?
The NFBC reviews all players cut to ensure contest integrity. As doughy said, let's hope for a NFBC confirmation so people can plan this weekend's bidding appropriately.
Help me understand:
Such a player is universally owned, so how can you bid on Gordon until the week AFTER he's dropped?
Who gets to bid this weekend?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:24 am

Help me understand:
Such a player is universally owned, so how can you bid on Gordon until the week AFTER he's dropped?
Who gets to bid this weekend?[/quote]

No one is bidding on Gordon this weekend. But, if Gordon is dropped this week in a league, and folks want to bid on him next week, that's something that might impact your bidding this week. It is a matter of allocating your resources. He will be dropped in some leagues. In those leagues, there are likely to be some teams that are able to stash a player for three months and/or may be light on R and SB. In any league where Gordon is dropped, there likely will be strong bidding for him by at least a few teams. Thus, whether Gordon is droppable and then available for pick up may impact how much some folks will want to spend in FAAB this week.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:47 am

He will be dropped by some teams and some idiots will bid $200-$300-$400 and even $500
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:47 am

Bronx Yankees wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:Help me understand:
Who gets to bid this weekend?
No one is bidding on Gordon this weekend. But, if Gordon is dropped this week in a league, and folks want to bid on him next week, that's something that might impact your bidding this week. It is a matter of allocating your resources. He will be dropped in some leagues. In those leagues, there are likely to be some teams that are able to stash a player for three months and/or may be light on R and SB. In any league where Gordon is dropped, there likely will be strong bidding for him by at least a few teams. Thus, whether Gordon is droppable and then available for pick up may impact how much some folks will want to spend in FAAB this week.

Mike
This makes sense. Gekko was referring to bids on other players this week and the need to watch your budget with the potential that Gordon would be available next weekend.
In the context I had thought GG was talking about bidding on Dee this Sunday.

Thanks!
Last edited by Deadheadz on Sun May 01, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

marknym

Post by marknym » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Drop him and pick up Dietrich, who just went deep, finally getting his shot. Already 3b/of eligible, now 2b soon. NFBC gold!

Run, don't walk to pick him up.

Of course, I already picked him up last week in the Main Event.

Happy bidding!
Mark Evans

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:50 pm

marknym wrote:Drop him and pick up Dietrich, who just went deep, finally getting his shot. Already 3b/of eligible, now 2b soon. NFBC gold!

Happy bidding!
(pats self on back for outrageous luck)

marknym

Post by marknym » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 pm

TParsons wrote:
marknym wrote:Drop him and pick up Dietrich, who just went deep, finally getting his shot. Already 3b/of eligible, now 2b soon. NFBC gold!

Happy bidding!
You make your own luck.
Mark Evans

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 01, 2016 6:26 am

marknym wrote:
TParsons wrote:

Happy bidding!
You make your own luck.
securing a platoon hitter that offers no speed and plays bad defense. ya, i don't see any obstacles there :twisted:

MGBMARTY

Post by MGBMARTY » Sun May 01, 2016 7:10 am

Gotta run and pick up the great Hechavarria as well since he went deep as well against the mighty LOL Chase Anderson in Milwaukee.
Marty

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 01, 2016 7:20 am

MGBMARTY wrote:Gotta run and pick up the great Hechavarria as well since he went deep as well against the mighty LOL Chase Anderson in Milwaukee.
Marty
marty - don't give them all the clues!!! 8-)

marknym

Post by marknym » Sun May 01, 2016 7:44 am

Gekko wrote:

securing a platoon hitter that offers no speed and plays bad defense. ya, i don't see any obstacles there :twisted:
Had him for a stretch where they let him play last year in the Main and it worked out well.

He's always had the talent, just had a feud with the owner that's the only reason they haven't found consistent playing time for him. Google it.

He actually does have latent speed too. And wow didn't even mention they batted him LEADOFF last night!!!!

Happy Bidding!
Mark Evans

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 01, 2016 8:00 am

marknym wrote:
Had him for a stretch where they let him play last year in the Main and it worked out well.

He's always had the talent, just had a feud with the owner that's the only reason they haven't found consistent playing time for him. Google it.

He actually does have latent speed too. And wow didn't even mention they batted him LEADOFF last night!!!!

Happy Bidding!
my prediction, he only plays 1 game the first part of the week due to facing multiple LH. :lol:

i hope people bid $300 on the guy (and his 2 SB in 659 career AB) :lol: :twisted:

marknym

Post by marknym » Sun May 01, 2016 8:02 am

Gekko wrote:
marknym wrote:

Happy Bidding!
my prediction, he only plays 1 game the first part of the week due to facing multiple LH. :lol:

i hope people bid $300 on the guy :lol:
yes we know all about your predictions. Eickhoff Cy Young right?

I hope people bid $400 actually.

DIETRICH ALERT ALERT ALERT***!!!
Mark Evans

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 01, 2016 8:04 am

maybe we can get him to $500 by tonight ;)

{that will leave one less bidder for dee gordon next sunday).

PS - dietrich's upside is a little above seth smith, ie, waiver wire :lol: :o :lol:

marknym

Post by marknym » Sun May 01, 2016 8:12 am

Gekko wrote:maybe we can get him to $500 by tonight ;)

{that will leave one less bidder for dee gordon next sunday).

PS - dietrich's upside is a little above seth smith, ie, waiver wire :lol: :o :lol:
Gekko is trying to talk a player down folks... and if you have read his posts that can only mean one thing... Dietrich is at the top of his queue. Run, don't walk to pick him up, because then, you too, can own a player coveted by the mighty Gekko Industries! DEREK DIETRICH FTW! :D
Mark Evans

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 01, 2016 8:25 am

As I said, pump him up to $500+!!! Have at it :lol:

U won't see him on any of my teams come 10.31 tonight. I have enough bench players

marknym

Post by marknym » Sun May 01, 2016 8:29 am

Gekko wrote:As I said, pump him up to $500+!!! Have at it :lol:

U won't see him on any of my teams come 10.31 tonight. I have enough bench players
That's cool, he'll be in my MI slot as soon as he's eligible -- POUNDING Jerad Eickhoff. : D
Mark Evans

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun May 01, 2016 8:35 am

U wish! LOL :D