Cutline free agent bids

Steel Lugnuts

Cutline free agent bids

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:38 pm

It says "this page was loaded at 8:31 pm est, bids lock today at 10:00 pm est"...then it also says "deadline is April 11th at 10:00 pm est".

I'm assuming we have until tomorrow night to make our bids final.

Steel Lugnuts

Re: Cutline free agent bids

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:37 pm

I've just noticed the message about locking tonight at 10:00 pm ET has been removed.

mtgannon

Post by mtgannon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:56 pm

If I am on the "Free Agents NEW" page, I am not seeing the "bid" button next to the players' names. Not sure what I am missing. Thanks for any help.

mcomitch

Post by mcomitch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:02 pm

I have been locked out of Cutline Faab since 10pEDT. I hope we don't lose the work we have already done.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Need to get these unlocked so we can do our bids. the sooner the better

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Damn, I thought it was fixed...I don't plan on doing my bids until tomorrow, this better not be f'd up.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:47 pm

I got free time now and may not have that tomorrow. not sure we got this locked up now

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:03 pm

I've been trying to enter bids abut have been locked out since 7 pm, PT. This was the night for me to do it. I was expecting to spend 4-5 hours on it. Very frustrating. I have to work tomorrow.

The Cutline rules are pretty specific:

"Bids will be accepted on the league website from Tuesday at 3 PM ET until the day of the deadline at 10 PM ET in each of those weeks."

I think that that since the bids are not being accepted, and have not since 7 PM PT, that the deadline should be extended for every minute that we cannot enter bids. There will be no real harm into letting us work on it Monday night what we thought we could do Sunday night.

Robert
- Robert

mcomitch

Post by mcomitch » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:29 am

Cutline FAAB is now working and bids may be processed. The west coast players and everyone else certainly lost time Sunday night trying to process bids.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:28 am

mcomitch wrote:Cutline FAAB is now working and bids may be processed. The west coast players and everyone else certainly lost time Sunday night trying to process bids.
Sorry about this last night. We were not aware that FAAB for Cutline needed to lock while FAAB ran for all other leagues. This is something we should have alerted everyone about well before last night. We will definitely alert everyone before the June FAAB runs.

FAAB is available now for everyone to work on and the deadline is tonight at 10 pm ET. Sorry for the couple of hours that this was locked last night. That was our fault for not alerting everyone in advance. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:19 pm

mcomitch wrote:Cutline FAAB is now working and bids may be processed. The west coast players and everyone else certainly lost time Sunday night trying to process bids.
Okay, we'd like to apologize for Cutline FAAB being idle last night for three hours. It was something IT felt was necessary last night while FAAB for all other leagues was running. It was a decision to be safe rather than sorry since this was the first time that we've run FAAB on two different days.

Cutline FAAB was idle from 10 pm ET to 1 am ET last night. That being said, this year we are making FAAB available for all leagues after 1 am ET. In years past, we opened FAAB for the next week at 3 pm ET. Enjoy the extra time to get started on FAAB in the NFBC this year.

I believe in June when we run the second and last Cutline FAAB of the season, we will idle FAAB again for three hours. This time we'll know for sure and alert everyone in advance. Sorry for not doing that this time.

Good luck tonight everyone and please load those first 5 pickups with plenty of Conditional Bids. I want everyone to have a 41-man roster after tonight's FAAB. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:53 pm

For next season ... this is way too much roster expansion. I think the two FAABs will be adequate, but either no roster expansion or maybe 2 additional spots each round, max. The bidding strings are crazy and the system doesn't handle long strings very well.

lrr

Post by lrr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:12 pm

I agree. The bidding strings are too long. That's an understatement. I think maybe the strings can be limited to a length of 20. If you don't bid enough to get someone, that's the way it goes. Something to consider.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:18 pm

lrr wrote:I agree. The bidding strings are too long. That's an understatement. I think maybe the strings can be limited to a length of 20. If you don't bid enough to get someone, that's the way it goes. Something to consider.
That wouldn't work because you could just create more bid strings. Limiting/eliminating roster expansion should do the trick.

lrr

Post by lrr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:24 pm

If you can only go from 36 to 41 players, I don't see how limiting the length of bid string would create more strings.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:25 pm

lrr wrote:If you can only go from 36 to 41 players, I don't see how limiting the length of bid string would create more strings.
Instead of five 40-player strings you could create ten 20-player strings to accomplish the exact same.

lrr

Post by lrr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Never mind, I just figured it out. You are right.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Just put in 50 or so separate bids.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:56 pm

Here is something that I found helpful. Build the initial queue by selecting a player and then hit 30 plus signs or whatever. Then....go to to the old FAAB system to add dollars and move guys up and down. The old system holds the "page spot" and you don't have to keep scrolling back down.

EWeaver

Post by EWeaver » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:23 pm

KJ Duke wrote:For next season ... this is way too much roster expansion. I think the two FAABs will be adequate, but either no roster expansion or maybe 2 additional spots each round, max. The bidding strings are crazy and the system doesn't handle long strings very well.
+1

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Roster expansion was definitely unnecessary.

Drafting 36 in a 10-teamer plays deeper than a 15-team, 50-teamer. Next year I'll push to keep rosters at 36. With a couple FAABs to replace injured guys there's just no need to have more bench guys. Doing FAAB felt like shooting ducks in a zoo full of ducks, not even that strategic just pile up the bodies.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:03 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Roster expansion was definitely unnecessary.

Drafting 36 in a 10-teamer plays deeper than a 15-team, 50-teamer. Next year I'll push to keep rosters at 36. With a couple FAABs to replace injured guys there's just no need to have more bench guys. Doing FAAB felt like shooting ducks in a zoo full of ducks, not even that strategic just pile up the bodies.
Agreed! The 2 FAAB periods are fine but with no roster expansion stick with 36 man rosters. This would make it more interesting and strategic. Seriously putting 60 people in bids was exhausting and I'm not really sure who I even want so I gave up

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Two months is a long time for injuries to occur on rosters with no pickups. Let's see how things look in June. And then remember there are no roster expansions from that point on. I'm not sure a 36-man roster will hold up from June to mid-September. That would be a reward of staying healthy rather than the best, deepest roster.

But let's see how it looks a few months down the road before making the call for 2017. I think some roster expansion is needed, but to what extent we all can decide at season's end.

Just my two cents.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Give us a little extra time to process FAAB for the Cutline tonight. We had to look into a quick change before running FAAB on this Monday. Since nobody has to set Starting Lineups after these run, we're going to take a little extra time tonight to make sure we have this correct. Stay tuned and be a little patient this first time around. Thanks.

This also forced us to stop FAAB bidding in all non-Cutline leagues for now, too. It should be back up later tonight. Sorry, but a necessity as we navigate Monday Cutline FAAB.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Two months is a long time for injuries to occur on rosters with no pickups. Let's see how things look in June. And then remember there are no roster expansions from that point on. I'm not sure a 36-man roster will hold up from June to mid-September. That would be a reward of staying healthy rather than the best, deepest roster.

But let's see how it looks a few months down the road before making the call for 2017. I think some roster expansion is needed, but to what extent we all can decide at season's end.

Just my two cents.
If you were doing FAAB tonight you might have a different opinion. :shock:

But yeah, let's see how rosters look in June ... at this point I am betting a 13-man bench of quality players would probably be sufficient. Teams I drafted 3 months ago generally had 1-3 drops each, so even after injuries I was 10-deep on the bench before expansion - and that's a much stronger bench than what we have in Mains. A few more injuries are likely in-season than during the ST months so maybe it will look worse in June, but at this point it sure does feel like rosters would be sufficient at 36.