Best Wishes To George Kleemann

Greg Ambrosius

Best Wishes To George Kleemann

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:44 pm

We need to give our thoughts and prayers to NFBC Charter Member George Kleemann today as he tries to battle back from the Disabled List. George has been with the NFBC every year since 2004 and many of you have competed against him. Heck, he even walked into the Chicago Main Event for the first time in several years with his son Michael and he had a blast drafting against the Windy City veterans.

Unfortunately, he slipped on Monday and fractured his hip. He had surgery on Tuesday and I'm awaiting an update from Sandi. Send your best wishes to George via email or post here if you can. I know it would mean a lot to him, knowing that his NFBC family is thinking about him. Thanks a lot.

Get better George. We need those Stolen Bases from you in the second half of the season. :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Best Wishes To George Kleemann

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:09 pm

George,
We've never met. I have drafted with you online.
When I see your name, I immediately think of Chicago.
You are an institution there.
Mend and get well fast.
Chicago is depending on you. Us out-of-towners think of Chicago as having big shoulders.
Not fractured hips!
Get well soon.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Get well soon George! I hope you can sleep ok knowing that you stole Gregerson in the 28th round.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Pleasure meeting you a couple of weeks ago, George.

Speed is an overrated asset. Take your time in your recovery. You'll still get on base as much as Billy Hamilton. :D

Get well soon bud!
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Damn! Sorry to hear about this George.

Greg and others have already mentioned it, but again for those that don't know, George and his family have been a part of the NFBC for a long time, and in particular Chicago events.

George is the Patriarch of NFBC-Chicago.

George has had some health problems in the past, but this year he looked as good as ever and made it out for the Live Main Event in Chicago for the first time in a couple of seasons.

George is a great Cubs fan and usually rosters several Chicago players each year. In fact, he thinks the Cubs are gonna win so many games this year that he tried to draft Hector Rondon twice, even though he was already off the board :lol: ;)

Get Well Soon George!!
We need you back in Chicago next March.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Vander

Post by Vander » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Very sorry to hear this. He said he hasn't felt this good in years and was looking forward to being back in even better shape next year. Get well soon George. Look forward to seeing you again next year.