Topps To Sponsor NFBC Collectible Badges

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:10 am

We're proud to announce that the Topps Company will be our sponsor of the NFBC collectible badges this season. Topps will provide a 2007 baseball card for the badges and we'll laminate them along with each owner's name and provide lanyards so that you can wear the badges around your neck. We're glad to have Topps onboard as an event sponsor and we'll see if there are a few other things we can do together!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

SluggoJD

Post by SluggoJD » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:00 pm

I'd like a Santana card please :cool:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Will it have that stick of gum plastered to the back?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:05 pm

Antone else feel like the player you get will be an omen?

Last year I had Halladay. That seemed like a good omen as long as he didn't get hurt. My team was healthy and effective. Hopefully I won't get Juan Gone this year.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:36 am

Last year I had Posada (great card) whom I had had in 2005 and he did not do as well for me as I had hoped when I picked him fairly early.

So the whole draft, he was looking up at me mocking me...still gives me shivers... ;)
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:17 am

My son got Nomar, who is hurt more than he plays.

I got Tori Hunter coming off his injury , i think a broken foot or ankle.Talk about a bad start, but they both had good season's.I wouldnt bet on them getting that many at bats again, especially Nomar.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Nutty Scrats

Post by Nutty Scrats » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:28 am

I got Mark Prior. I guess nuff said there! LOL Thankfully I didn't draft him but the way some of my pitching sluggs (aka Doug Davis) pitched last year he may have actually helped my team! ROFL :eek:
Ed

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:19 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Will it have that stick of gum plastered to the back? You haven't collected cards in a while, have you? :D Unfortunately, Topps took the gum out in like 1990 or '91. But it's still hard not to open a pack of cards and still not smell the gum!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Will it have that stick of gum plastered to the back? You haven't collected cards in a while, have you? :D Unfortunately, Topps took the gum out in like 1990 or '91. But it's still hard not to open a pack of cards and still not smell the gum!! :D [/QUOTE]do they still have the triple sleeve packs with the clear packaging out there ?? Those were the days ! though Mom would always come home from the supermarket with a package with Jim Mason and Bill Fahey showing... :(

Q

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:58 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Will it have that stick of gum plastered to the back? You haven't collected cards in a while, have you? :D Unfortunately, Topps took the gum out in like 1990 or '91. But it's still hard not to open a pack of cards and still not smell the gum!! :D [/QUOTE]do they still have the triple sleeve packs with the clear packaging out there ?? Those were the days ! though Mom would always come home from the supermarket with a package with Jim Mason and Bill Fahey showing... :(

Q
[/QUOTE]You mean the packs where collectors could see who was on top and then cherry-pick the top rookie cards hidden inside? Those were the days. Nah, they don't do the triple packs anymore. Packs now cost an average of $6.50 and there are even card products that cost $350 a pack and $500 a pack!! Topps produced Paradigm Football that will be released in the next week at $350 per pack. Enjoy. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:04 am

In 25 yrs cards will be microchip driven and contain digital action footage of the player. Let's see the Honus Wagner card do that !

Q

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:30 am

In 25 yrs cards will be microchip driven and contain digital action footage of the player. Let's see the Honus Wagner card do that !

Q Correct. But in 25 years that T206 Wagner card should be worth 3-4 times what it's worth today and it's already worth $1 million. Tough to beat ol' Honus.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:33 am

In 25 yrs cards will be microchip driven and contain digital action footage of the player.The card companies have actually tried this approach. But it hasn't met with a lot of success thus far.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:49 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:

In 25 yrs cards will be microchip driven and contain digital action footage of the player.The card companies have actually tried this approach. But it hasn't met with a lot of success thus far. [/QUOTE]it's just not cost productive right now. Some kind of flexible electronic paper needs to be used in conjunction with cheaply produced/installed embedded microchips. Data can be wirelessly transferred to the cards which will show hilights of last nights hr's and have updated current year stats . Our grandkids will have them !

Q

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:15 am

Q Correct. But in 25 years that T206 Wagner card should be worth 3-4 times what it's worth today and it's already worth $1 million. Tough to beat ol' Honus.
[/QUOTE]Dooh! I guess this means I should pull my Honus Wagner and the rest of my T206 cards out of the spokes of my bike!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:30 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Dooh! I guess this means I should pull my Honus Wagner and the rest of my T206 cards out of the spokes of my bike!
[/QUOTE]c'mon ! that's what the Jim Masons and Bill Faheys were for !

Q

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:33 am

Will it have that stick of gum plastered to the back? You haven't collected cards in a while, have you? :D Unfortunately, Topps took the gum out in like 1990 or '91. But it's still hard not to open a pack of cards and still not smell the gum!! :D [/QUOTE]You caught me, Greg. I sold my collection in '89. That gum sure smelled a lot better than it tasted. :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!