Keeper League

LTDave

Keeper League

Post by LTDave » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Hello my fellow NFBC brethren! I am looking for one of you fine gentlemen (or gentle ladies) to join a keeper league that I've had going for the last 3 seasons. I've met many of you and you're great people and also (more importantly in this case) great competitors! The details are it's $50/year (pay for the first 2 seasons up front to ensure you stick around because we want dedicated owners) and all money is paid out (1st place $400, 2nd place $150, 3rd place $50). It's 12 teams 5x5 roto $1000 FAAB budget 7 keepers league through ESPN - our draft is March 29th. There are 2 other NFBC players in the league (2 of my best friends - we go to Vegas together) and another guy who plays high stakes elsewhere so there is a decent level of competition. One of our owners died unexpectedly this offseason :( so we have an open spot. The relevant keeper-worthy players for this team are:

OF George Springer
OF Adam Jones
OF Lorenzo Cain
1B Prince Fielder
SP Johnny Cueto
SP Michael Wacha
RP Mark Melancon
other players include Khris Davis, David Wright, Neil Walker, DJ LeMahieu, Justin Verlander, Hisashi Iwakuma
Those last 2 spots are iffy but you have a few weeks to trade to make some upgrades.

If you'd like additional details, please respond here or feel free to email me at [email protected]... My name is Dave McDonald, my team name is Less than Dave - many of you probably have seen my name in a league or know me or have at least seen me before... I've been playing NFBC for 9 years now, since I was 23 - started in Chicago but have been drafting in Vegas for the last 6-7 years...you probably know me as "that really tall kid" you see around. Anyways, I'm a trustworthy guy, but if you need any references, I'm sure Shawn Childs, Bobby Jurney, Lindy and Gabe Hinkelman, Vlad Sedler, Kent Stermon, Dave Clum, Steve Jupinka (hopefully I didn't butcher any names I'm using as references), and plenty more can tell you I'm alright, and not some asshole who is going to steal your money or anything (unlike when Childs referred me to WCOFB - that's thousands I'm never going to see again).

Greg, hopefully this isn't in violation of some rule or in the wrong thread or something... I'm just getting desperate to fill this last spot (I think like you might understand that feeling) and want to get the best of the best to increase the level of competition (I'm getting bored of winning every year haha) - and you guys are great competitors and people!

mdecav

Re: Keeper League

Post by mdecav » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:29 pm

My suggestion would be to ask Greg first before posting something that competes against the NFBC leagues. For a $50 league there are other Internet sources for a league like this.

I also compete in an established keeper league in Vegas whose cost is approximately equivalent to an NFBC Ultimate league. It is not too often we have ownership changes, but when we do I've thought about posting on here because this is the location where we would find an owner willing to pay that much for a league. But I'd still ask Greg and mention that he gave the okay IF he gives the okay to post.

That said, I can't imagine Greg wants to be in the business of giving the okay for any owner to post something that competes against his product.

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:19 pm

I really don't think being in this league would prevent anyone from joining an nfbc league as well. ..I've been in both several times. It's 1 person in a $50 league which isn't even competition as nfbc cheapest league is a $125 satellite...this is just a way too reach other competitive fantasy baseball players. ..that's all. Having said that. ..if this upsets Greg or Tom I apologize. ..just trying to find 1 person that's all.

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:35 pm

ok officially checked with Greg and Tom and Tom said it was fine. So... any takers?

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:53 pm

ok I got someone and got another guy who was interested as well... so we're all set! Thanks guys! Feel free to send me an email if you'd potentially be interested in the future as we generally lose 1 owner per year so we may be looking for someone again next year! Hell, if we get enough interest I'd be more than happy to create an NFBC keeper league with you guys next year!