New Chicago White Sox Announcer

Navel Lint

New Chicago White Sox Announcer

Post by Navel Lint » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm not sure how many people saw this announcement, but the Chicago White Sox have hired a new play-by-play announcer. His name is Jason Benetti and he will be working in the tv booth with Steve Stone for Chicago's home games (Hawk Harrelson will continue doing road games) this season.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/ ... ision-team

I mention this because Jason is the son of Rob Benetti, 2006 NFFC Main Event Champion Rob Benetti.

I know most people in the NFFC know Rob, but for those here in Chicago that only do baseball like myself, Rob is the guy that has attended several Main Events over the years and has taken photographs for the event. I used to work with Rob, he is a great guy and his son has done a wonderful job over the years as a play-by-play man for ESPN and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Benetti

Congratulations to both Jason and Rob.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

KJ Duke

Re: New Chicago White Sox Announcer

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Wow, that is awesome. I heard about the new announcer awhile back but didn't connect the names.

Not only is that great for Rob, but it's an upgrade for all Sox fans. And he couldn't have a better partner than SStone. 8-)

RBenetti

Post by RBenetti » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Russ,

Thanks for the kind words. To say we are excited for Jason would be an understatement.

He grew up a Sox fan and has always idolized Hawk. My wife dug up a 2nd or 3rd grade school project where he said this:
Maybe I will be a sportscaster. I would like to be the White Sox broadcaster, as long as I don't look like Harry Carray. I idolize Ken Harrelson and Tom Pacciorek. I wish I could meet them while they are not old geezers....I wonder how they do it, maybe I will find out one day.
Dreams do come true!

KJ - we think Jason and Stoney will be a great team. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:51 am

Navel Lint wrote:I'm not sure how many people saw this announcement, but the Chicago White Sox have hired a new play-by-play announcer. His name is Jason Benetti and he will be working in the tv booth with Steve Stone for Chicago's home games (Hawk Harrelson will continue doing road games) this season.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/ ... ision-team

I mention this because Jason is the son of Rob Benetti, 2006 NFFC Main Event Champion Rob Benetti.

I know most people in the NFFC know Rob, but for those here in Chicago that only do baseball like myself, Rob is the guy that has attended several Main Events over the years and has taken photographs for the event. I used to work with Rob, he is a great guy and his son has done a wonderful job over the years as a play-by-play man for ESPN and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Benetti

Congratulations to both Jason and Rob.
Rob, this is SO, SO COOL!! :D Damn, you must be so proud. I couldn't be happier for you and your family.

I knew that you and Sue were traveling to Buffalo often when Jason reached Triple-A and there was hope one day that he could be a major-league announcer. To fulfill his dream and do it in Chicago with the White Sox and with his idol is just an amazing story. I'm sure he will be fantastic and I'll definitely listen in.

Wow, that is cool. Now that's what a son and a parent needs to start the day. I've got goosebumps just thinking about it from a parent's standpoint. It's just an incredibly proud day as a parent and I'm sure your son feels some pride in this as well. Now it's time to get to work!! Great story.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 am

rob- congrats! just read this. did not connect that this was your son. my daughter was hired by a girl with cp and worked for her at university of Illinois for a year. if you read this I would like to e-mail you about this. mike- we met in football through jack haan

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Lester Holt NBC Nightly News just had a very nice piece on Jason. Very cool - Congrats again!!!

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:24 pm

"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:00 pm

I think as a general rule, if you are a fan of a particular team, you prefer when that team plays at home.
That's especially true in my case. My team, the Cubs, play in THE most beautiful baseball stadium in the major leagues.

Of course here in Chicago we have two teams. So basically, when one of the teams is playing at home the other is on the road, and vice-versa.
So for my entire life I've always been happy to see the Sox hit the road, knowing that the Cubs were coming home.
Now for the first time I'm feeling some disappointment with the Pale Hose leaving town.

I hope people have had a chance to hear Jason Benetti, who only does home games.
Soooo much better than Hawk.
I know Hawk is a long time guy with the Sox, and he has a lot of fans, but it's just such a pleasure to watch a Sox game and hear two guys (Benetti and Steve Stone) talk about baseball. Talk about in-game strategy. Talk about situations.

Now if the Sox would get rid of Ed Farmer on the radio I might switch over and become a Sox fan.
But probably not :lol: ;)
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:31 pm

boy russ- could not agree more. farmer and hawk needed to leave about 40 years ago. stone can't analyze a game with hawk- because hawk thinks he is a do it all, know it all guy- instead of the boring blowhard he is. but just to show you we don't agree on everything- wrigley is not close to being the most beautiful park- top 10 maybe- but sf and pittsburgh beat it by a mile.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:32 pm

I just saw this on Twitter: Congrats to #WhiteSox broadcaster Jason Benetti,born with cerebral palsy,who'll call ESPN's nationally televised game Wed w/ #Nats #Dodgers.

Wow, moving on up quickly. Great job Jason and congrats Rob.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Jason absolutely crushed it on the ESPN2 Nerdcast last night, calling the Statcast-oriented broadcast with Eduardo Perez and Mike Petriello. The whole crew was fantastic, Twitter resoundingly agrees. Hopefully the positive response will lead to more.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 am

ToddZ wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm
Jason absolutely crushed it on the ESPN2 Nerdcast last night, calling the Statcast-oriented broadcast with Eduardo Perez and Mike Petriello. The whole crew was fantastic, Twitter resoundingly agrees. Hopefully the positive response will lead to more.
100% agree. Jason has been awesome all year with his regular White Sox gig and now to hear him paired with some other announcers - awesome!

trachtman2

Post by trachtman2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

Jason is the best announcer in baseball, in my opinion. When I don't have a particular interest in a game, I always watch the White Sox broadcast on Extra Innings solely because of him. Extremely entertaining.