Whither an Expert

Captain Hook

Whither an Expert

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:36 am

Originally posted by Dak:

How do you like your "Risky Business" team? Accomplish your goal? How was draft as whole? Any intial favorites in league? Rob - you will have to go to fantasybaseball.com to read that article ;)

Lost Sailor

Whither an Expert

Post by Lost Sailor » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:15 am

Hey Todd...

Great thread. Thanks for giving us heads something to read when things are slow at the office.

I'd like to comment on the '1B is deeper than 3B' reference you made early on. Im really finding that after, say, Giambi in the 6th, 1B really takes a nosedive. Meanwhile, real serviceable guys like Lowell are falling into the 20s. Sure you can take a shot with the Shealys and the Broussards, or even a nostalgic Helton pick, but I think you will fare much better grabbing a late 3B than a 1B.

My question is about speed - the category that always kills me because I just don't like it. Case in point, I can thank Mr Taveras for dropping a duece on my 2006 after I wasted a 7th on him. I can't bring myself to 'waste' an OF spot on legs alone (ie. Posednik, Pierre). Which brings me to my Q: How important to you feel getting that 'speed guy' (40+ bags) is? Do you make it a priority to do so in the early rounds???

Thanks
Been way too long at sea....

ToddZ

Whither an Expert

Post by ToddZ » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:14 am

No, I don't make it a priority, but I don't hesitate to grab speed from a middle infielder if I don't have to reach too far down my ranking list to get him.

As for 1B vs. 3B, I like the Shealys, LaRoches, Overbays, Gonzalez etc a lot this year. Whereas I find the 3B position filled with question marks after the top tier. I guess that's why we play the game.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE