Danny Santana - in AAA?

Steel Lugnuts

Danny Santana - in AAA?

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Owned by 100% of teams in DC Leagues...he was optioned to AAA on June 7th and NOT ONE blurb on this site as to his demotion...unreal. He's been in my starting lineup for the last two weeks, only noticed when I saw it on CBS Sportsline. For such a high stakes league, this should be a one-stop shop IMO.

Of course, there are plenty who think I should check everyone of my players on a bunch of sites to see they're availability, but don't have time nor should I think I have to. This isn't a free Yahoo league! I feel sorry for those that dump $1000's and can't get player info updated on a regular basis. I'm sure the under staffed excuse will come about, and perhaps Greg and Tom are spending all there efforts on football lately, but you need to pay someone to keep baseball players injury updates relevant. Maybe this is the only player they missed and everyone else is up-to-date, but this is not the first time I've seen this the last couple of years.

CC's Desperados

Re: Danny Santana - in AAA?

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Owned by 100% of teams in DC Leagues...he was optioned to AAA on June 7th and NOT ONE blurb on this site as to his demotion...unreal. He's been in my starting lineup for the last two weeks, only noticed when I saw it on CBS Sportsline. For such a high stakes league, this should be a one-stop shop IMO.

Of course, there are plenty who think I should check everyone of my players on a bunch of sites to see they're availability, but don't have time nor should I think I have to. This isn't a free Yahoo league! I feel sorry for those that dump $1000's and can't get player info updated on a regular basis. I'm sure the under staffed excuse will come about, and perhaps Greg and Tom are spending all there efforts on football lately, but you need to pay someone to keep baseball players injury updates relevant. Maybe this is the only player they missed and everyone else is up-to-date, but this is not the first time I've seen this the last couple of years.
I've been playing in the NFBC since 2004. Not once in my career have I used this site to get my player news. Maybe I see something that stands out on occasion, but it's not the norm.

So over the last 12 days, you haven't looked at the Twins box score and wonder what happened to him?

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:18 am

I have Mike Zunino on seemingly 100 percent of teams. I wish the NFBC would tell me he sucks as he fills it up with bagels every night. Get with the program Greg and Tom.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:43 am

THe Site is lacking no doubt... Since when is there a team in Arizona ? Don't recall reading about expansion here at all :evil: I didn't know you could draft those guys ... I thought it was the Dodger AAA affiliate ! :(

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:14 am

Sorry guys...can't hang around...still looking for Uncle Red Eye who pulled the "...got your nose..." trick on me in 1963...want it back....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:44 am

Bonds retired? WTF!!!!!
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 am

CC's Desperados wrote:
Steel Lugnuts wrote:Owned by 100% of teams in DC Leagues...he was optioned to AAA on June 7th and NOT ONE blurb on this site as to his demotion...unreal. He's been in my starting lineup for the last two weeks, only noticed when I saw it on CBS Sportsline. For such a high stakes league, this should be a one-stop shop IMO.

I've been playing in the NFBC since 2004. Not once in my career have I used this site to get my player news...........
Based on this comment, and some of the others I've just read, I'm Shocked :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :shock:

I make sure I come here every Sunday night before FAAB time so that I don't miss out on any ***RED ALERT***, MUST-HAVE, GGGGold Standard, $$$$Money-in-the-Bank$$$$$ new free agents.

It's obvious you guys don't know what you are missing... :lol:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Bama

Post by Bama » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:55 pm

Wow, What a stupid thread, doesn't realize a guy not playing for 2 weeks. Not sure how that's possible but probably taking zeros was better that what he was giving you.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Next to the link for "Message Boards" there is one for "NFBC Resources" - the second line is for MLB News and after you click that you can further go to Player News

That's a lot more than you get on many sites ..... sorry they don't have a ML or DL designation on each player who is sent to the minors or put on the DL but they probably expect high stakes players to keep track of their own teams ;)

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:10 pm

CC's Desperados wrote:

I've been playing in the NFBC since 2004. Not once in my career have I used this site to get my player news. Maybe I see something that stands out on occasion, but it's not the norm.

So over the last 12 days, you haven't looked at the Twins box score and wonder what happened to him?
Hey CC, I respect the hell out of your drafting abilities, and you've smoked me plenty of times...but browsing all my players box scores to see if they've played recently is not something I've done or will ever do, but thanks for the suggestion! :)

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Bama wrote:Wow, What a stupid thread, doesn't realize a guy not playing for 2 weeks. Not sure how that's possible but probably taking zeros was better that what he was giving you.
Well, when you have multiple DC teams that have 50 players rosters, doesn't seem that crazy to miss a player or two...relying on the site to make player updates doesn't seem all that crazy to me! But thanks for replying to my "stupid" thread. :lol:

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:28 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I have Mike Zunino on seemingly 100 percent of teams. I wish the NFBC would tell me he sucks as he fills it up with bagels every night. Get with the program Greg and Tom.
Hey Chad, your comment has nothing to do with my original thread, but thanks for being an ass...I know you've had plenty of issues with NFBC/NFBC in the past, but I don't chime in with stupid comments.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:13 am

Hey Greg/Tom,

You can delete this useless thread...Happy Father's Day! :)

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:04 am

Just pulling your leg, brother, as I suspect you were pulling ours. When I look up Santana, it appears 9.1% of teams still have him active.

Anyway, Happy Fathers Day!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Even with D.Santana in his lineup, he's 29th overall in the DC....that's pretty amazing to me...if I was top 50 i would be paying pretty close attention....

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 pm

ikenbaseball wrote:Even with D.Santana in his lineup, he's 29th overall in the DC....that's pretty amazing to me...if I was top 50 i would be paying pretty close attention....
He'll bench him this week and the Twins will call him up tomorrow...

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:28 am

CC's Desperados wrote:
ikenbaseball wrote:Even with D.Santana in his lineup, he's 29th overall in the DC....that's pretty amazing to me...if I was top 50 i would be paying pretty close attention....
He'll bench him this week and the Twins will call him up tomorrow...
You were close CC! :) Luckily saw on twitter Buxton got hurt and Santana was being recalled and was able to sneak him in before yesterday's game (which is awesome to be able to do that, don't think any other site offers that option). I did notice the note next to Santana's name was updated, so that's a good thing.

What would be really nice is if the note was a different color for current player updates, say within the last 24hrs. Browsing all 50 players on all your teams and clicking on each note or blurb to see if there is anything current seems like a useless exercise. Santana's previous note was from April, probably no need to have that still showing up.

Also, having only your player updates show up on the home page would be a good idea, you would easily be able to see any current info regarding your players without having to go to your team page.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:54 am

My favorite Recent Player News update this season:

5/25/2015
News: Yelich went 2 for 4 on Sunday.
Analysis: Yelich is a .194 hitter with no potential.

Okay, some Yelich owner may have been just a little bitter when he typed this.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 am

Steel Lugnuts wrote:
What would be really nice is if the note was a different color for current player updates, say within the last 24hrs.
Actually this should be a pretty easy off season fix for STATS IT team - cbs has both DL (red) and ML (green) designations that appear next to the players name the day after his status is changed

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
Steel Lugnuts wrote:
What would be really nice is if the note was a different color for current player updates, say within the last 24hrs.
Actually this should be a pretty easy off season fix for STATS IT team - cbs has both DL (red) and ML (green) designations that appear next to the players name the day after his status is changed
Just don't get rid of the all-important "hot player" designation in live scoring. I feel way better about Karns' loss and 1.833 whip after seeing the red flame.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 pm

JohnP wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:
Steel Lugnuts wrote:
Just don't get rid of the all-important "hot player" designation in live scoring. I feel way better about Karns' loss and 1.833 whip after seeing the red flame.
Yeah, I get a kick out of some of those hot player designations, teased about it a couple years ago and Greg mentioned they're not in control of that! :)