Win A Free 2016 Main Event Entry Via Fanduel

Donacion

Re: Win A Free 2016 Main Event Entry Via Fanduel

Post by Donacion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:31 pm

I happened to win an entry very grateful I will support this weekly as my weekly budget allows. I'm with Redsox I see a core of names I recognize weekly.

Joe Lecak

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:57 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:Greg - It's a great contest, but the issue is that folks may be in "no man's land" at this point when it comes to the contest. As the weeks pass and losses accumulate, someone who has spent a couple hundred bucks comes to the decision on whether to continue or cut losses.
NO MAN'S LAND :shock: Don't blow it out of proportion Johnny. Guys will spends hundreds (thousands) on DC's in the middle of the goddamn winter w/o blinking an eye, but a $25 wkly contest is just too rich for the NFBC blood.

I got the calculator out ;) and if you spend $25 a wk for 16 wks that is $400 or the cost of ONE DC tm :roll: this thing should fill w/ ease each wk but whatever, I'll do it as long as it lasts.

I had AJack last nt, but Heston didn't follow the plan :evil:
Always be closing.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:17 am

Maybe that's how they should market it... Buy 16 entries to this contest get a discount etc. maybe you get more people over the long haul there if already prepaid for this "ticket" entry only.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:02 am

rockitsauce wrote:
Fourslot40 wrote:Greg - It's a great contest, but the issue is that folks may be in "no man's land" at this point when it comes to the contest. As the weeks pass and losses accumulate, someone who has spent a couple hundred bucks comes to the decision on whether to continue or cut losses.
NO MAN'S LAND :shock: Don't blow it out of proportion Johnny. Guys will spends hundreds (thousands) on DC's in the middle of the goddamn winter w/o blinking an eye, but a $25 wkly contest is just too rich for the NFBC blood.

I got the calculator out ;) and if you spend $25 a wk for 16 wks that is $400 or the cost of ONE DC tm :roll: this thing should fill w/ ease each wk but whatever, I'll do it as long as it lasts.

I had AJack last nt, but Heston didn't follow the plan :evil:
I understand your point, but it's not about the money spent overall, so much as it is the losses compared to the value of the specific prize you are pursuing. It's easier to comprehend that you lost four DC entries at $600 pursuing $20K as opposed to losing $600 pursuing $1600. Plus, it's always a harder hit to lose your money in one night as opposed to playing out a season. Of course, this theory doesn't apply to some. It would probably apply more towards season-long guys with less DFS experience. For winning DFS players with a bankroll, the $25 is just an expendable shot.
Last edited by Fourslot40 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 am

anpyanks wrote:I think you need to just leave it open to everyone on the fanduel site from the time the contest is created. Everyone here at the NFBC knows when it's announced on the message board. It's basically the same time every week. Its obvious that the NFBC members don't participate in this for whatever reason. Let's get some new blood in the NFBC. I'll still donate even though I think my best finish has been about 66th so far.
Well, it's not a bad idea to open it sooner to the masses. We held off until about 2 hours before deadline last week, so maybe we'll do it earlier this Tuesday if needed. It makes sense. Okay, we'll try it again this week. Thanks all for the support.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Yeah from your your perspective it makes sense to open it up right away in the public lobby. Getting some new blood to the full season game is a good thing for your business. Still plenty of time for the NFBC core to get in it.