Wainwright

BK METS

Wainwright

Post by BK METS » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:29 am

I hate posting injuries but this one is absolutely obsurd. Tore his Achilles stumbling out of batters box? Seriously? Brutal.

Navel Lint

Re: Wainwright

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:40 am

You can say that again :lol:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:54 am

As my #2 out of Chicago 1 (which I thought at the time, wow, Scherzer and Wainwright as my 1 and 2) it is just brutal. My offense blows in that league; to top that off, I lose McCarthy there also. I watched that play over and over thinking, WTF was that. I knew it was more than a ankle injury, just looked worse than ankle.
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am

Time to seriously look at DH for both leagues. Protects their stars and might be an easy fix to help put a little offense in the game. That injury just didn't need to happen at least not like that.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:53 am

Donacion wrote:Time to seriously look at DH for both leagues. Protects their stars and might be an easy fix to help put a little offense in the game. That injury just didn't need to happen at least not like that.
I hate to see a gamer like Wainwright go down as much as anyone, but he could have just as easily done it fielding a bunt.

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Donacion wrote:Time to seriously look at DH for both leagues. Protects their stars and might be an easy fix to help put a little offense in the game. That injury just didn't need to happen at least not like that.

Why so seriiouuuuuus?

Time for DH in both leagues? Are they supposed to be athletes or softball players drinking a case while they play? THEY need to END the DH so player's that CAN'T play the game of baseball, CAN'T PLAY anymore. If someone can't hack it in the field, then are they a ball player? The DH is the biggest joke of any position of any sport. Maybe Stan Ross can come out of retirement too now.

I can't believe this whole protection/safety aspect of American society. Back in the day: safety was carrying a firearm, NOT walking through naked body scanners. I realize this is not a good analogy.

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
I hate to see a gamer like Wainwright go down as much as anyone, but he could have just as easily done it fielding a bunt.

Well, then, (hint: sarcasm); they'll have to STOP letting pitchers field bunts then. What's next? Just have fielders stand on the diamond and have a computer decide whether and when they would have made the play? We don't want anyone to ever get hurt so NO MORE fielding.

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Making a pitcher hit is analogous to extra points in football....it is a worthless event.....

uky

Post by uky » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:59 pm

ikenbaseball wrote:Making a pitcher hit is analogous to extra points in football....it is a worthless event.....
Disagree, it's part of the game. pinch hitting, double switching, bunting players over, etc....I hate the DH
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:59 pm

I am screwed. McCarthy and Wainwright. Any chance this is not season ending? I can't drop anyone on my bench!!

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 pm

I may have finally picked the right player to "insure". At least if he's out I get a few bucks back.
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.