First FAAB Of 2015 Tonight at 10 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

First FAAB Of 2015 Tonight at 10 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks everyone for a GREAT season of drafts and auctions. This season has already exceeded our expectations.

Now it's time to get down to the dirty work and it starts today with all of you setting your starting lineups for the Sunday Night Opener between the Cardinals and the Cubs. Remember that you can start any members of these two teams and then take them out of your starting lineup on Monday when all of the teams begin play. Good luck with that.

The first free agent pickup of the season is tonight with the deadline at 10 pm ET. All bids lock at 10 pm ET. We then have a 10-minute buffer to make sure everything is good on our end and this 10-minute buffer will be in place all season long. We know that everyone wants their bids as fast as possible on a late Sunday night, but we've never screwed up FAAB on Sunday nights and we don't plan on starting now. So allow us this buffer every week and we'll be fine. In years past, that buffer went beyond 10 minutes and we know why, but that won't be the case now. Winning bids should start appearing shortly after 10:10 pm ET each week.

The early weeks will likely have more FAAB bids to process than later in the season, but we don't anticipate FAAB running more than 15 minutes per week. We feel confident that all winning bids should be processed no later than 10:25 pm ET this year. We will watch this closely right from the start, but we have procedures in place to get this done faster than ever before. But again, realize that we do have this buffer in place to make sure everything is ready to go and then look for your winning bids shortly after that.

Thanks all and have a great, great season. PLAY BALL EVERYONE!!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Re: First FAAB Of 2015 Tonight at 10 pm ET

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Greg, don't forget to join us for FAAB tonight in the Greg/Tom Auction league.

Any hints as to who you're bidding on and for how much? ;)

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Any word on this Greg or Tom? Still hasn't gone through yet.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:31 pm

I get an error page for the FAAB results.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Doughy, I think that is for all of the NFBC leagues... If you go to the one below that, it is for your own league...

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:32 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I get an error page for the FAAB results.

Click FAAB results. Not NFBC FAAB results...

They need to get rid of that link. My results haven't gone thru FYI

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Nothing yet in any of my leagues.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks Fellas...
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Thank goodness the mouth isn't on the boards!! :D :D

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Where is the damn like button for that comment?!?! :lol:

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 pm

I cannot understand for the life of me why this is so difficult to get right. Over the entire offseason, the IT team worked on a search function and a draft room that doesn't work properly?

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:38 pm

If free agents are being processed faster than ever we are in for a long year!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:40 pm

I see results for 1 of my 7 leagues. It's a Super

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:40 pm

I have one out of 18, it's an OC

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:42 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:If free agents are being processed faster than ever we are in for a long year!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah ever time they claim we going to start processing bids faster it actually gets slower. Maybe by F'n midnight we can actually see the carnage.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:42 pm

They're trickling in now.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:43 pm

I think we get one league per hour! The hamsters on the wheel can't go any faster!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:50 pm

It's almost 11 p est!!!!!
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Sorry for the delay folks. We're just doing some extra testing this first week. Things will be back to 10 ET going forward.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:32 am

Put me firmly in the group that votes NO on having the first FAAB run before the season starts.

The people who just drafted don't need it.
You allowed those who drafted the first weekend to correct some mistakes and in some cases gave them an advantage over those who drafted the second weekend.
You also gave people who drafted in earlier Satellites or Rotowire Open's an advantage they chose not to sign up for

PVH

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:28 am

Captain Hook wrote:Put me firmly in the group that votes NO on having the first FAAB run before the season starts.

You allowed those who drafted the first weekend to correct some mistakes and in some cases gave them an advantage over those who drafted the second weekend.
You also gave people who drafted in earlier Satellites or Rotowire Open's an advantage they chose not to sign up for

PVH
Yeah, but it works both ways... FAAB prior to the season encourages folks to draft earlier in preparation and doesn't offer an advantage to those who only draft in the end. You can also ask why should someone have an advantage from a finalized 25 man roster because they drafted in the weekend prior to the season.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 am

Guys, sorry for the delay in FAAB last night, but IT always checks, double checks and triple checks FAAB before running in Week 1. I should have posted that beforehand. I know people think that you just turn on the GO button every year and that software should just run the same as it did last year, but that's not how it works. Our guys really want to look everything over before running that first FAAB and I don't blame them.

Everything processed perfectly last night and we are good to go going forward. I suspect that next week everything will run at 10:10 pm ET and you'll see all bids by 10:25 pm ET. There weren't any glitches or we weren't promising something that we won't deliver next year; we were just being careful with that first run of FAAB.

We haven't had a FAAB glitch in all the years with STATS. Yes, in Year 1 we had delays on getting results out and all of that was part of the first year startup. But the fiasco that was Fanball during that one and only season should allow us all to relax for a few extra minutes during our first run of FAAB each season here and realize that everything is being done to ensure a perfect FAAB run. We have 480 leagues this year and we are doing everything possible to make sure everything runs smoothly. That meant a little extra time to run FAAB last night. We're all good to go now and I'm very happy that the IT guys took the extra time to look everything over last night before displaying the winning bids. Hopefully most of you agree.

Good luck everyone. OPENING DAY IS HERE!! THIS is now Christmas Day for baseball fans!!

Now, if you don't mind I must get on a plane after 13 days in Las Vegas and get back to reality in Iola, Wisconsin!! 8-) 8-)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:46 am

Captain Hook wrote:Put me firmly in the group that votes NO on having the first FAAB run before the season starts.

PVH
Oh my goodness Perry. C'mon. If you are going to host drafts early in the off-season you need FAAB before the first week of action. The first week without FAAB on that First Sunday would have many lineups with ZEROS. And why would you say that those who drafted on the Second Weekend don't need FAAB? The Kimbrel trade is a perfect example of why you need FAAB right away. Several owners had Benoit as one of their two closers and now they need a new closer, so they went out and aggressively spent on Grilli. Why should those owners have to wait a week?

Why is having FAAB on that first Sunday a negative? I don't see any negative to it outside of just being grumpy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm having trouble understanding how veterans of our game can blatantly throw the NFBC under the bus. I get frustration, but how does that build our contests? Why not a private email? This is such a positive thing we have and we know how GREAT the customer service is. How can you shake a man's hand and then mock/ threaten their livelihood on the boards over a simple inconvenience?

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Agree with you. People get way too worked up about 10:25 v. 10:45 or an extra FAAB here or there or whatever. This isn't perfect but it's infinitely better than the next best thing (which, as best I can tell, is nothing).