New Online Draft Room Now Available

Greg Ambrosius

New Online Draft Room Now Available

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:53 pm

The new Online Draft Room has been added to all current NFBC Draft Champions team pages and will be available to all DC teams going forward. This new HTML Draft Room is in addition to the Flash draft room and the old HTML draft room that are still available to you. Owners in the Draft Champions Leagues can choose any of the three formats to make their draft picks, but we ask you to take the time to check out the new Online Draft Room if you'd like.

You'll find these links under Draft in the green navigational bar. Even if you are in Flash, you can open a separate window by clicking on the pulldown "Draft Room NEW". There you can see the new look and even make picks from there. Check out the new Chat that is much easier to use. Just double click on the Chat Room top bar and a window will pop up. You can then click on "Popout" and a popout window will appear that you can move anywhere on your screen that you'd like. This Chat allows 200 characters per post and is pretty nice.

The hours are converted to minutes, which is very noticeable in these DCs, but we'll change that eventually. To add a player to your Que, just click on the icon to the far left of the player. Sortable stats can be found under any of the Position listings and there are scroll bars under Draft History, Que and My Roster.

There is a Search Players box above Available Players and when you pick on a player he will appear in the Player Details box with his photo and NFBC ADP. We also show the next 15 picks in the top bar.

Let us know if you see anything that still needs to be done there. We have suggestions from the Mia group for tweaks, but hopefully all of the previous issues have been corrected. We think this is a good way to introduce the new draft room to our DC owners, since we currently have over 750 teams competing in those right now.

Thanks for any and all feedback here or to me at [email protected]. Again, you can keep drafting the way you want or you can even have two draft windows open at the same time. Good luck the rest of the way in your online drafts and in your future online drafts.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Re: New Online Draft Room Now On All DC Team Pages

Post by mdecav » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:20 pm

On the iPhone at the top of the page the round, pick number is overlapping the overall pick number for each owner.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:42 am

Haven't heard much in the way of complaints for the new draft room. A good thing!

Greg, you stated that when the new draft room came out that the ridiculously annoying 45 second updates for the draft board would be eliminated.
Any progress on that?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:58 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Haven't heard much in the way of complaints for the new draft room. A good thing!

Greg, you stated that when the new draft room came out that the ridiculously annoying 45 second updates for the draft board would be eliminated.
Any progress on that?
I'm not sure how many people are actually using the new Online Draft Room to draft, but the people who have seen it have emailed us with favorable responses. I know your group still uses the Flash for drafting, but the Chat is working well I see!! :lol:

Like anything new, it takes awhile to grow on you. It's a full screen, for sure. But the functionality issues are fixed and the tweaks you guys mentioned were definitely good ones. Not all are completed, but are on the list to get done.

We are watching the quickness of all 50+ leagues with the new draft room and all is looking good. We will watch this through the weekend and if everything continues to go well we will open this draft room for all online leagues going forward.

That delay will be gone once we switch out the old draft board that you're seeing now with the new draft board. There was a timing issue that we noticed this week that needed fixing before switching boards. Once that is done Dan you won't see those 45 second refreshes. Hope that helps.

I'll post about the new draft board when that's ready. Thanks all and enjoy.

Again, you can always have Flash and HTML open in separate Windows if you want to start slowly. That's fine.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:30 am

One nice addition with the new Online Draft Room is the ability to easily update the player default list. I just looked at that now and we still have Yu Darvish up high and other players who have suffered injuries too high. I'm going to tweak that a little bit to make it easier for those folks who haven't set their Draft Prep yet.

If you haven't taken the time to set your own player default list for all online leagues, please do so. Just go to Draft in the green navigational bar and pull down to Draft Prep. I'll try to make this initial list a little better, but then take an hour or so to put your players where you want them so that they are always available during your online draft. This will save you a lot of time and heartache and will make the online experience more enjoyable. Then for every future online draft, your draft rankings will flow into your next online draft room. Easy enough.

If you see players that are out of whack in the player pool, just shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll make a quick tweak. We're not trying to make it too easy for everyone, but there's also no need to have guys like Darvish at the top of your player default list for 27 rounds if he's out for the season. Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

glenlake22

Post by glenlake22 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Phil Hughes is in my UTIL.

Any chance they can make players movable in the roster thing? Or is possible and I'm not seeing it?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:48 am

Just a heads up that tomorrow we will make the New Online Draft Room available for all leagues going forward. Starting tomorrow morning, all online leagues will have access to three draft rooms:

Flash
Old HTML
New Draft Room

The new Draft Room will initially be under Draft in the green navigational bar. It should replace the old HTML on the first page you log into shortly. Good luck all and we look forward to feedback/suggestions going forward.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: New Online Draft Room Now Available

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:48 pm

The link to the new Online Draft Room is now available as the HTML option when you go to that first room after it says "Head To The Draft Room." The Flash link remains there and you can still draft there, but at least the new draft room is available for everyone going forward.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have improvements, suggestions, feedback, anything at all on this and I'll forward it to the IT department. Again, draft on whatever format you feel more comfortable on and good luck in all of your upcoming drafts.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 am

Just a heads up that if anyone still wants to use the old HTML for making picks on the iPhone or iPad or for any other reason, that is still available. When you click on "Head to the Draft Room" you now see the new HTML draft room and the Flash draft room. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see this line with a hyperlink to the draft room:

* For those owners who do not want to change options at this stage, you can still access the third draft option here.

Good luck all and choose the option you feel most comfortable with.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Does anyone know why it's not the team logos that show across the top of the new draft room but the GM avatars?

Is there an easy way to change it to show your team logo without having to go change your owner profile photo?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:41 pm

I have an OL draft at 9pm ET tonight, and I was able to access the New Draft Room earlier this morning. But when I go through the links now, I'm back to only being able to select the Flash or HTML old options. Is there a link I'm missing or a fix for this?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:45 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:I have an OL draft at 9pm ET tonight, and I was able to access the New Draft Room earlier this morning. But when I go through the links now, I'm back to only being able to select the Flash or HTML old options. Is there a link I'm missing or a fix for this?
Please use the Flash draft room tonight. We had an issue with people not being able to download their player default lists again last night and need to fix that. Once we fix that we'll put it back up, but for now please use Flash. Thanks and sorry about this.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Ok good, thought it was something wrong on my end. I never had an issue with the Flash room, so no big deal to me.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Good news, because personally, I would not use the new room. I had the opportunity on Saturday night and said F it; the chat option is worse than the old one; the room looks way to busy; doesn't seem to have sound to announce you're up; I have no idea why IT can't make it just like RTSports; unless they have a patent
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

whale4evr

Post by whale4evr » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:48 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:I have an OL draft at 9pm ET tonight, and I was able to access the New Draft Room earlier this morning. But when I go through the links now, I'm back to only being able to select the Flash or HTML old options. Is there a link I'm missing or a fix for this?
Please use the Flash draft room tonight. We had an issue with people not being able to download their player default lists again last night and need to fix that. Once we fix that we'll put it back up, but for now please use Flash. Thanks and sorry about this.

The new room is still unavailable. Any updates?