SOLD OUT: TONIGHT 9 pm ET RotoWire OC

Rog

Re: SOLD OUT: TONIGHT 9 pm ET RotoWire OC

Post by Rog » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 pm

I am setting my KDS 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1
11 drafts and only 1 fish so far. last year 15 drafts and not 1 fish hopefully help is around the corner

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Nice. Just 2 hours and 20 minutes to fill this bad boy up from no signups to an even dozen during work hours.
And Tom actually pulled this league off the registration list earlier today. :shock: Tom, ye of little faith.
Don't you know how addicted we all are by now?? Never give up! :-)

Well, Mikey didn't make it, so my chances of winning went from slim to none. Still, looking forward to feeding that drafting vein tonight with you fine gents. See you there. Don't be late.

PS... nice idea Rog. We owe this all to you. ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:44 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Nice. Just 2 hours and 20 minutes to fill this bad boy up from no signups to an even dozen during work hours.
And Tom actually pulled this league off the registration list earlier today. :shock: Tom, ye of little faith.
I kept this open until late last night. Greg wanted to shut it off yesterday afternoon. :D But he's right there was zero movement. But I agree going forward we need to keep things open until the day of the draft. You guys shouldn't also put everything off to the last minute either. I have enough stress in my life. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:Nice. Just 2 hours and 20 minutes to fill this bad boy up from no signups to an even dozen during work hours.
I kept this open until late last night. Greg wanted to shut it off yesterday afternoon. :D But he's right there was zero movement. But I agree going forward we need to keep things open until the day of the draft. You guys shouldn't also put everything off to the last minute either. I have enough stress in my life. :)
These OC's should be treated as impulse buys my friend. You'll sell more leagues if treated that way.

There's been many a time many of us have come home from a hard day's work and thought to ourselves...what do I do tonight? Man, I wish there was a draft I could join. :D

Either way, thanks for putting this back up on the boards. Looking forward to tonight.

PS... As far as the stress, I thought that was yesterday on the boards. ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
These OC's should be treated as impulse buys my friend. You'll sell more leagues if treated that way.

There's been many a time many of us have come home from a hard day's work and thought to ourselves...what do I do tonight? Man, I wish there was a draft I could join. :D

Either way, thanks for putting this back up on the boards. Looking forward to tonight.

We definitely treat them (and the Cutline) that way in the NFFC. We haven't seen the same mindset to this point in the NFBC. But as always, if you guys start showing us how you want these to be handled we'll respond accordingly. I have no problems selling out more leagues. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:57 pm

PS... As far as the stress, I thought that was yesterday on the boards. ;)[/quote]

What is an IMPULSE buy? Magner thinks I fit in to that category!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Lunatic wrote: What is an IMPULSE buy? Magner thinks I fit in to that category!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good point Jim.

See Tom. Just in Christie alone, you'll add 100 signups. ;)

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Pick 11, I didn't even have a chance to set KDS; should be fun; tomorrow night I have the 2nd pick
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Rog wrote:I am setting my KDS 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1
11 drafts and only 1 fish so far. last year 15 drafts and not 1 fish hopefully help is around the corner
1 out of 11 when your odds are 1 out of 12 seems like you're ahead of the curve. What's to complain about? ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:

Obviously it's cool to make these impulse buys and to fill them up every night at the last minute. This time it worked perfectly and we can always wait until you guys get home from work and decide to sign up for a draft that night. But it's not any fun to call up guys an hour before their draft time to let them know it didn't fill and sorry that we wasted their night. In football, you can fill these impulse buys every night. Baseball is a different animal because they take longer and the audience isn't as big. When we get the NFBC Cutline Championship, we'll definitely do that, but the OCs are tougher fills.

It worked perfectly this time, we'll admit. This morning we had 2 of 12 spots filled for tonight's OC and the Sunday one sold out before it. I asked Tom to help the two owners get in a future league rather than wait for you guys to ride to the rescue and it felt like it was the right thing to do to get them in another league. This time it wasn't the right call and I guess we'll hold off longer going forward. But we expect you to ride to the rescue each night and fill them up when we're 4-5 spots short!! I'm counting on you!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Greg, you can count on Christie. :)

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Not complaining (just wondering what would of happened if I had trout on 1 of my 15 teams last year) I couldnt even get my own daughter to get him for me.
This year I have got him once out of 11 drafts and I still have 5 more drafts I have entered. Love them odds.
As far as impulse buys. I had got notified that they called my ball game tonight and the first thing I thought was maybe there is a draft I can enter. Then went to the sign-ups and thought well you know what happened next.

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:18 pm

got my 12th choice in this one Awesome :D

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Draft is going well....great competition. Could be a winner from this group.