Dave Potts On STATS Fantasy Advantage Tonight

Greg Ambrosius

Dave Potts On STATS Fantasy Advantage Tonight

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:38 pm

We were looking for an NFBC guest for our show tonight on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio and we rewarded the one and only owner who has never ruffled a feather on the Message Boards. :lol: It was an easy choice: Dave Potts!!

Dave will join Tom and myself to start the Second Hour at 11 pm ET on SiriusXM 210/87. We'll reminisce about Dave's 2012 NFFC Main Event overall title, about the $1 million he won in the Fanduel Fantasy Baseball Championship, and about that great NFBC Ultimate Auction League title he won last year. We'll have some fun and push the envelope a bit on some player values. Should be a lot of fun, so join us.

We'll also preview the Kansas City Royals with a beat writer at 10:15 pm ET and we'll bring in Jeff Erickson of Rotowire.com for some baseball analysis at 11:30 pm ET. We're also previewing First Base at 10:30 and doing our ADPs at 10:45.

Tune in and we'll have some fun tonight.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

ALL-IN JD

Re: Dave Potts On STATS Fantasy Advantage Tonight

Post by ALL-IN JD » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Hope Dave gives up a little more info than Juprinka! That guy doesn't give ice in the winter!! :D

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:We were looking for an NFBC guest for our show tonight on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio and we rewarded the one and only owner who has never ruffled a feather on the Message Boards. :lol: It was an easy choice: Dave Potts!!

Dave will join Tom and myself to start the Second Hour at 11 pm ET on SiriusXM 210/87. We'll reminisce about Dave's 2012 NFFC Main Event overall title, about the $1 million he won in the Fanduel Fantasy Baseball Championship, and about that great NFBC Ultimate Auction League title he won last year. We'll have some fun and push the envelope a bit on some player values. Should be a lot of fun, so join us.

We'll also preview the Kansas City Royals with a beat writer at 10:15 pm ET and we'll bring in Jeff Erickson of Rotowire.com for some baseball analysis at 11:30 pm ET. We're also previewing First Base at 10:30 and doing our ADPs at 10:45.

Tune in and we'll have some fun tonight.
Put today's message board on the air and you could guest host for Stern tonight.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:29 pm

These were some fun stats that we had on last week's show:

** Who has the longest active streak of 200+ innings pitched seasons? Mark Buehrle at 14. James Shields and Justin Verlander are next with 8. Buehrle's active streak of 14 seasons with 200+ IP is the longest since 1994. Next was Mike Mussina from 1995-2003 (9).

** Which MLB team has had the longest playoff drought? Toronto going on 22 years. Last playoff appearance was 1993, the year they won it all. Other long MLB playoff droughts: Seattle last appearance 2001; Miami 2003; Houston 2005; Mets and Padres 2006.

** Which MLB team has the longest drought without a playoff series win? Pittsburgh's last playoff series win was 1979 (We Are Family).

** Which MLB players have been with current teams the longest? Chase Utley (Phillies) and David Ortiz (Red Sox) each entering 13th seasons.

** Even with instant replay last year, manager ejections were up to highest level (90) since 2011 (99). Crazy stat.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:32 pm

I think I'm going to start tonight's show with a rant against Charles Barkley's rant against analytics in the NBA. The mainstream media is giving Sir Charles a pass on this one. He obviously has a beef with the Rockets' organization and he's calling GM Daryl Morey (a former STATS employee) an idiot for using analytics. It's insane to think that analytics don't help EVERY NBA team. They are used more for the coaching staffs than the GMs. Charles, you don't build a team around analytics, you coach around analytics. Anyway, watch out. I may go off on Charles after today's work day. Could be fun.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Post deleted due to point made in different thread

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Yellow Ledbetters wrote:Post deleted due to point made in different thread
Point made alright. Chris, you are HANDS DOWN, the biggest ASSHOLE I have seen grace these boards in 11 years.

I know it'll come as a complement to you. Which is why I was hesitant to post it. But I just had to go on record. :D

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Quahogs wrote:
Yellow Ledbetters wrote:Post deleted due to point made in different thread
Point made alright. Chris, you are HANDS DOWN, the biggest ASSHOLE I have seen grace these boards in 11 years.

I know it'll come as a complement to you. Which is why I was hesitant to post it. But I just had to go on record. :D
To get Jupinka to post something like that!!!! WOW!! But truer words could not be spoken partner!! :D :D :D

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Sorry I missed this....

RTR!
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Heard the hit -- nice job guys.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 pm

ToddZ wrote:Heard the hit -- nice job guys.
Thanks Todd and thanks to Dave for doing a great job on the show again. I've said it before but one of the main reasons Greg and I love doing the show is it affords us the opportunity to showcase the best fantasy players in the industry. Dave was being a bit modest when he said he wouldn't include himself in that company but I think we can all agree based on his great success he most certainly belongs.

Thanks again to Dave for joining us and knocking it out of the park last night. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Roger Dorn

Post by Roger Dorn » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:These were some fun stats that we had on last week's show:

** Who has the longest active streak of 200+ innings pitched seasons? Mark Buehrle at 14. James Shields and Justin Verlander are next with 8. Buehrle's active streak of 14 seasons with 200+ IP is the longest since 1994. Next was Mike Mussina from 1995-2003 (9).

** Which MLB team has had the longest playoff drought? Toronto going on 22 years. Last playoff appearance was 1993, the year they won it all. Other long MLB playoff droughts: Seattle last appearance 2001; Miami 2003; Houston 2005; Mets and Padres 2006.

** Which MLB team has the longest drought without a playoff series win? Pittsburgh's last playoff series win was 1979 (We Are Family).

** Which MLB players have been with current teams the longest? Chase Utley (Phillies) and David Ortiz (Red Sox) each entering 13th seasons.

** Even with instant replay last year, manager ejections were up to highest level (90) since 2011 (99). Crazy stat.
22 very long years....