Danny Santana

Edwards Kings

Danny Santana

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:26 am

"Danny Santana left Wednesday's game with left knee soreness.
On first blush he appeared to injure his hamstring running to second base on a double, so knee soreness may be a small victory in that regard. We'll see how serious the injury might be after the game. For now, consider him day-to-day. "

"Danny Santana is considered day-to-day after being diagnosed with a left knee bone bruise.
Santana suffered the injury while legging out a double during Wednesday's game. He could miss another game or two after sitting out Thursday's contest but has managed to avoid a serious injury. Santana is sporting a .328/.366/.448 batting line with two homers, 16 RBI and six steals over 37 games this season. "

"Twins placed INF/OF Danny Santana on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 26, with a left knee bone bruise.
An MRI cleared Santana of any structural damage, but the bone bruise is evidently bad enough that he needs at least a couple weeks of downtime. He should be ready to go early next month. Yohan Pino has been recalled to replace Santana on the roster. "

"Danny Santana (knee) has been jogging in an underwater treadmill and taking swings off a tee.
Santana was placed on the disabled list last week with a left knee bone bruise, but he's already feeling much better. The youngster should have a shot to return when first eligible in early July. "

I picked up Danny Santana just before he got hurt hoping to get some production out of my SS spot. The good news is he may be able to come off the DL when first eligible...but I think maybe not because there may be more here...because...

How do you get a "bone bruise" from running bases? What is he...a spaz like Jerry Lewis?

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer