Machado

Navel Lint

Machado

Post by Navel Lint » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 pm

So generally, I'm not a big fan of the... "Hey, who should I start/doesn't matter because I'll make the wrong choice/the guy on my bench went off" .... posts; but I'm about to make one :o

In fact, I almost feel compelled to make this post :evil: , and now I'll probably have a little more understanding toward any others that might make similar posts in the future. After all, who else am I going to tell. ;)

A couple of weeks ago Manny Machado has his bat throwing incident with the A's. He received a five game suspension from MLB. I thought the suspension could have been for more games, but that is another discussion.
As expected, Machado appealed his penalty and continued playing until his hearing.

Machado met with the league last Thursday.

I expected that his suspension would probably be reduced to 3 games.

On Friday morning I looked for an announcement on Machado, none came.
That day, the Orioles were playing a day/night DH against the Rays and Machado was listed in the starting lineup.
My thought was that the league was throwing Baltimore a bone because of the Double Header and that Machado would be suspended between games.
I benched Machado for the weekend.

Of course Machado hit a HR during the day game.
"No big deal", I said to myself. I had three solid CI's in the lineup and Juan Lagares coming off the DL to replace Machado.

Night game comes, Machado in the lineup.
Saturday, Machado in the lineup.
Sunday, Machado in the lineup.

For the 4-game weekend set, Machado was 4-14 with 3HR's and 5RBI.
Lagares, 2-9 with 1 run scored.

:twisted:

Monday morning...... "Machado suspension upheld for 5 games"

:twisted: :twisted:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson