Sitting Carlos Santana this time

Deadheadz

Sitting Carlos Santana this time

Post by Deadheadz » Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 am

:geek:
Just a heads-up for you guys who own Santana that I'll be taking him out of my CI slot (Catcher is full of Posey and Mauer) so there's a really good chance Carlos will have a career half week.

Let's say 5HR 12RBI and a .440BA

Again, you're welcome.

:geek: :mrgreen:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Money

Re: Sitting Carlos Santana this time

Post by Money » Mon May 26, 2014 10:17 am

One useless thread after another and dough wonders why many don't bother anymore.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Money wrote:One useless thread after another and dough wonders why many don't bother anymore.
I don't wonder at all, Joe.
I just miss them.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon May 26, 2014 2:32 pm

"Carlos Santana is out Monday due to an illness.
Santana was a late scratch from the Indians' starting lineup. He has been hitting better lately and should be recovered from the illness after a day or two of rest."

You must be losing your touch! :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon May 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Money wrote:One useless thread after another and dough wonders why many don't bother anymore.
Useless comments like these tend to fuel the fire.
Thanks, Money. You rock!

:mrgreen:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon May 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:"Carlos Santana is out Monday due to an illness.
Santana was a late scratch from the Indians' starting lineup. He has been hitting better lately and should be recovered from the illness after a day or two of rest."

:oops: I'm embarrassed to say that without knowing about the scratch I looked at my roster just before 1pm and put Santana back in at Util favoring him over Bogaerts.

Seems I may have helped Boston end their winless streak.

;)
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon May 26, 2014 11:34 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Edwards Kings wrote:"Carlos Santana is out Monday due to an illness.

:oops: I'm embarrassed to say that without knowing about the scratch I looked at my roster just before 1pm and put Santana back in at Util favoring him over Bogaerts.

Seems I may have helped Boston end their winless streak.

;)
Thanks for the update. I am not sure about everyone else, but I know I am on pins and needles awaiting your lineup decisions.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue May 27, 2014 11:46 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote: Thanks for the update. I am not sure about everyone else, but I know I am on pins and needles awaiting your lineup decisions.
The joke's clearly over your head.

Just move along.

:|
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Money

Post by Money » Tue May 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Mr. Deadheadz,

How about a little friendly advice? I think you would come across better if you simply created one thread and used it for all of your topics and discussion. Right now you create thread after thread that draws next to no responses. These clutter the boards. You have something to say on a wide array of topics, most come from daily fantasy news or frustrations. There is no problem airing this stuff, but it should be done in a context that does not disrupt the normal flow of the boards.

Maybe you name it your daily rant or something clever. Just a thought and it might just save you a little time by not having to create so many multiple new threads.
Joe

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote: Thanks for the update. I am not sure about everyone else, but I know I am on pins and needles awaiting your lineup decisions.

Just move along.

Keep Posting DH 8-)

I was a little suspect of your postings at first, and I don't agree with everything you have written, but as the spring has moved on I've enjoyed your style more and more.

Dan has rightfully wondered, 'What has happened to the message board?'; well unfortunately, I think we've all become what we were warned about in the past, experts. I include myself in that back-handed compliment.
I'll speak only for myself, but I think there was a time when most of us were baseball fans playing fantasy baseball, now we are the 'best of the best', we are fantasy baseball owners and the game of baseball just happens to be the necessary evil for us to feed our addiction.

Gone are the days when a post about starting or sitting C Santana or any other player brought about well meaning responses and varied opinions, today we all know best .
I'll give another example. Twice now Dan and I have had a go at each other over Joey Votto. Just the topic of Votto alone could have brought many varied and thoughtful responses from all different corners of the baseball world,real or fantasy; yet there were crickets. Either everyone knows what is the correct "answer" is, or maybe just didn't want to have to "defend" a position.

So I say again to you DH, keep going, keep posting; even if it's only to have people waste their time responding to you that they don't waste their time reading your post :roll: :lol:

:D
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 27, 2014 2:28 pm

I agree. We need more, not less.

A lot of complaining about the complacency on the boards. OK. Fix it and engage.

And I didn't respond to the Joey Votto thread because Dan and I went around on it last year. It was your turn! :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Money

Post by Money » Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 pm

I was not suggesting that he stop posting, simply that he condense most of his information into one thread that he can keep re-using. We don't need a new thread for lineup change, potential drops, demotions, etc.
Joe

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:I agree. We need more, not less.
Also, as I re-read the post I made above, it could give the impression that I was pointing fingers at others. I want to make it clear that I was pointing those same bony fingers at myself :)

I read these boards almost everyday, including your excellent blog, yet I find myself providing less and less original material.

I need to start taking time to respond to other posters and to put new stuff on myself...........
............it just won't be in the next 10 days or so as I head out on a family driving vacation :lol:

Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Have fun and drive careful!

Charles Krauthammer

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Wed May 28, 2014 8:30 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
I don't wonder at all, Joe.
I just miss them.
I'm one of those who don't bother anymore. I hate seeing all his stupid crap threads so I just avoid the boards alot now.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Deadheadz wrote:

Just move along.

Yep, clearly not on your level of intelligence in the fantasy landscape.