Concern about the standings??

Walla Walla

Concern about the standings??

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:53 pm

I got feedback once because I complained about the standings. It was 3 days before the end of the season and I was fighting for first place in the league. Now I read people complaining about live standings not being updated. Not the last of the season but the first week. A month from now these complainers will be buying football magazines having given up on their teams. The live updates are nice but they don't matter when it comes to taking care of your team. Just my thought!

Deadheadz

Re: Concern about the standings??

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:28 pm

+1
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

slopshot

Post by slopshot » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 pm

No one is complaining just make them aware of an issue that is happening.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:41 pm

It isn't about following live scoring or standings.
It IS that they are just totally wrong.
My team, for instance started the day in 7th place.
Live standings has me losing over 200 points, while those around me have plus points and it places me in second place.
An impossibility by any stretch of the imagination.
It is just silly bad.
It it's silly bad, it shouldn't even be shown.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

EWeaver

Post by EWeaver » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Walla Walla wrote:I got feedback once because I complained about the standings. It was 3 days before the end of the season and I was fighting for first place in the league. Now I read people complaining about live standings not being updated. Not the last of the season but the first week. A month from now these complainers will be buying football magazines having given up on their teams. The live updates are nice but they don't matter when it comes to taking care of your team. Just my thought!
cool story, bro

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 pm

What's the prize for 2nd place in the middle of week 1 again?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:00 pm

The point is that it is WRONG.
If wrong, it should not be shown, no matter the time of year.
On my tombstone-

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Deadheadz wrote:What's the prize for 2nd place in the middle of week 1 again?
What's the grand prize at the end of the year when no one signs up the next year because people lose faith and trust in the credibility and integrity of the entire scoring system and standings?

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 am

Of course the standings should be correct.

Of course the people who post here have a duty to keep STATS informed as to what's not working and should be fixed.

Being upset that "live scoring" isn't accurate or updating fast enough is childish.
Live scoring of your roto team is mental masturbation. It's relevance is fleeting at best.

I prefer to get my baseball scoring from (gasp!) the MLB website. And I prefer to actually watch the baseball being played as opposed to watching my computer screen to see if my Roto team has moved up or down in the standings within the past five minutes.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:53 am

Deadheadz wrote:Being upset that "live scoring" isn't accurate or updating fast enough is childish.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:Being upset that "live scoring" isn't accurate or updating fast enough is childish.
Ton be fair if I'd drafted his team I wouldn't care about live scoring either.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 am

I don't follow live scoring or live standings much. Sometimes, I'll peek in on good nights and see how much my team improved.
On bad nights, I don't check at all and pretty much give it the finger.
And I know it is easy for those who never look at live scoring at all to criticize those that do. It is early in the season and everybody knows that fifth place could be 55th place in two days. I get that and respect that.

At the same time, there are many folks who do not watch much baseball and are entertained by watching live scoring.
I'll give you an example and I'll hope that he is ok with me using his name.
Stan Kaye is 75 and happily married to his cutie of many years. Stan, at the same time is a man's man. At 75, he still travels many miles to be in poker tourneys. He plays in a long time home league and he has been with the NFBC since its inception.

Stan's passion for fantasy baseball was sealed for me when among having heart problems and laying in a hospital bed, his utmost concern was making a draft pick so that others wouldn't have to wait.
A perfect night for Stan, while his wife is watching tv is to follow live scoring. It is his entertainment vice.
What is wrong, is that Stan's weapon of choice for watching the 'Live Standings, even with so many NFBC drafts, is CBS Sportsline.
It is because CBS Sportsline's live scoring is fast, accurate, and easy to read for him than the NFBC.
He has tried the NFBC's live scoring and wants it to be as good or better than CBS, but that has not happened yet.

I mention Stan because many feel that live scoring is trivial or a 'bonus'. It shouldn't be viewed that way. For some, it is much more than that.
With today's technology, a viable live scoring mechanism should be a part of every fantasy site.
Especially one that is run by STATS.

Apologies to Greg. I know this post comes on the heels of re-tooling and the unveiling of a new FAAB. And he's probably throwing his hands up and saying, "We fix the big one and they want more!" :D
But at this time, we don't want a whole new live scoring, we just want it to jibe with the actual standings.
On my tombstone-

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:11 am

:o
Can't argue with logic? Post a picture instead.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

uky

Post by uky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 am

I don't follow live scoring in baseball like I do in football, but in either case, when I do look at it, I would like it to be accurate. JMO
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:31 am

uky wrote:I don't follow live scoring in baseball like I do in football, but in either case, when I do look at it, I would like it to be accurate. JMO
Live League Scoring not correct right now.... Appears to have dropped all of yesterdays stats
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:48 pm

live scoring must be wrong- it shows my team with dickey shutting out the mighty yanks. can't be.