What Happens if DC Doesnt Finish Before Season

Bluecat

What Happens if DC Doesnt Finish Before Season

Post by Bluecat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 am

My March 3 DC is currently in Round 28 and getiing slower. There's one owner who's been taking 5 plus hours for every pick and now a few others are starting to take the if you can't beat him, join him approach. At this pace, there's no way we finish before opening day.

Deadheadz

Re: What Happens if DC Doesnt Finish Before Season

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:45 am

I completely understand how those managers feel but I told myself it's better to set a good example for the rest and draft as soon as I can.

Be the bigger man.

Maybe share that with your league and they'll smarten up. Good luck.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 am

Bay Harbor Butcher wrote:My March 3 DC is currently in Round 28 and getiing slower. There's one owner who's been taking 5 plus hours for every pick and now a few others are starting to take the if you can't beat him, join him approach. At this pace, there's no way we finish before opening day.
You spend one weekend with Sergeant Doakes to get the job done.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:46 am

Bay Harbor Butcher wrote:My March 3 DC is currently in Round 28 and getiing slower. There's one owner who's been taking 5 plus hours for every pick and now a few others are starting to take the if you can't beat him, join him approach. At this pace, there's no way we finish before opening day.
All leagues will fill by Opening Day. If we have to lower the clock to 6 hours per pick, then 4 hours, then even more we will. We'll start doing that next week if we see leagues are dragging too much. Yours is on pace to get done in time, although it feels like it won't.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
All leagues will fill by Opening Day. If we have to lower the clock to 6 hours per pick, then 4 hours, then even more we will. We'll start doing that next week if we see leagues are dragging too much. Yours is on pace to get done in time, although it feels like it won't.
So it is possible to lower the clocks after the draft begins? There are 14 managers in the latest DC we just started that want the clock at 4 hours (as advertised and requested) and apparently one manager who emailed STATS and asked for 8 hours despite signing up on a thread entitled $150 4 Hour DC.

Let's hope things work out.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
So it is possible to lower the clocks after the draft begins? There are 14 managers in the latest DC we just started that want the clock at 4 hours (as advertised and requested) and apparently one manager who emailed STATS and asked for 8 hours despite signing up on a thread entitled $150 4 Hour DC.

Let's hope things work out.
Stop it. Just pick within 4 hours. The request was for 8 hours so you guys could sleep. I think your final requested league will finish in plenty of time. You emailed me twice about this already today.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Stop it. Just pick within 4 hours. The request was for 8 hours so you guys could sleep. I think your final requested league will finish in plenty of time. You emailed me twice about this already today.
The second email simply said we didn't request 8 hours but were happy to go with the plan you suggested, letting two 4 hour picks time out. We never requested 8 hours.

I'm sure you never read it or you'd know it was Tom from STATS that said it had to be 8 hours.

That's the last you'll hear from me about this.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:14 pm

I just hope that's the last we'll hear from you about anything.

You don't need this forum, all you need is a mirror.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Ando wrote:I just hope that's the last we'll hear from you about anything.

Hey, the next time I sign up for a league and they change the terms I'll just back out and look like an a$$hole rather than have the entire league ask me "wasn't this supposed to be..." like it's my fault.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:18 pm

No what is your fault is not just leaving it up to Greg and Tom to make their decision they seem to be able to do a fine job without you sticking your nose in all the time and are in charge

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Ando wrote:I just hope that's the last we'll hear from you about anything.

Hey, the next time I sign up for a league and they change the terms I'll just back out and look like an a$$hole rather than have the entire league ask me "wasn't this supposed to be..." like it's my fault.
I don't mind a good argument Chris, but this league started yesterday at 1 pm ET and it's in Round 12 right now. It sure doesn't look like the 8-hour clock is causing any problem with anyone in your league. In fact, this is the perfect league. This league will be done in less than a week, so enjoy it. There's absolutely no reason for any bickering about how this league has been set up by us when you're averaging 10 rounds a day. Now get ready for your next pick because you're up soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bluecat

Post by Bluecat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:55 pm

12 rounds in 1 day and you're complaining? Try being in the league I'm in right now. It's terrible! We haven't finished 1 complete round in the last 24 hours! Already today a guy timed out and the guy on the clock now has used 3 hours as I type!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Bay Harbor Butcher wrote:12 rounds in 1 day and you're complaining? Try being in the league I'm in right now. It's terrible! We haven't finished 1 complete round in the last 24 hours! Already today a guy timed out and the guy on the clock now has used 3 hours as I type!
Wasn't complaining about the pace. Was frustrated with everyone asking me why it was an 8 hour clock when it was advertised as a 4 hour DC. They're saying that if they knew it would be 8 hours they wouldn't have joined.

It's not my problem.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Bluecat

Post by Bluecat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Almost 24 hours have passed and we have made 9 picks! Just unbelievable how bad it's gotten.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Hey, the next time I sign up for a league
Thanks for the donation.
Deadheadz wrote: I'll just.........look like an a$$hole
Practice makes perfect. You can stop practicing.

Dak

Post by Dak » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:22 pm

JohnP wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:
Hey, the next time I sign up for a league
Thanks for the donation.
Deadheadz wrote: I'll just.........look like an a$$hole
Practice makes perfect. You can stop practicing.
Gawd! You guys ARE starting to act like sheep!!

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 am

My last pick in this March 3rd DC draft was about 36 hours ago and counting. And the main culprit is on the clock for the next 6 hours. Followed by another owner. So it might be 2 days between picks for me in this particular draft. :roll:

I might get brain freeze in my DC express tonight. ;)

Krys

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

ikenbaseball wrote:My last pick in this March 3rd DC draft was about 36 hours ago and counting. And the main culprit is on the clock for the next 6 hours. Followed by another owner. So it might be 2 days between picks for me in this particular draft. :roll:

I might get brain freeze in my DC express tonight. ;)

Krys
Email me who is holding this up and we'll contact him.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius