Ole McDonald FU FU...

Quahogs

Ole McDonald FU FU...

Post by Quahogs » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:57 pm

boy did you bone me goooooood... :evil:

Not only was he on my bench week 1 (very good start). And week two (a WIN). Not only did I activate him for that fisting last night but he was the HUMP who threw the pitch that broke A.Hill's hand. Who I seem to have EVERYfuggingWHERE...

What's laughable is that he has one more start to A. Bust up my peripherals, B. Bust El Oso Blanco's other hand.

Regardless of what this walking hump does your ass is dropped this Sunday you poisonous toad turd.

Glenneration X

Re: Ole McDonald FU FU...

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm

I told you to drop him for Bedard.

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm

And I thought I was mad about Bedard's start. Good thing Steve didn't add a pic to go with his thoughts. Or did he and was it censored?
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Quahogs wrote:boy did you bone me goooooood... :evil:

Not only was he on my bench week 1 (very good start). And week two (a WIN). Not only did I activate him for that fisting last night but he was the HUMP who threw the pitch that broke A.Hill's hand. Who I seem to have EVERYfuggingWHERE...

What's laughable is that he has one more start to A. Bust up my peripherals, B. Bust El Oso Blanco's other hand.

Regardless of what this walking hump does your ass is dropped this Sunday you poisonous toad turd.
This made me chuckle. Thanks Q! :lol:
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 pm

James McDonald has an arm;
E-I-E-I-O,
And with his arm he screwed his owners;
E-I-E-I-O
With a screw you here, and an f you there;
Here a screw, there a screw,
Everywhere he's screwing you;
James McDonald has an arm;
E-I-E-I-O
Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:51 pm

A representative for Stephen Jupinka asks MLB to suspend James McDonald for 4-6 weeks ...

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:56 pm

< On the left, someone who started McDonald weeks 1 and 2.
On the right, Juprinka after starting McDonald week 3 >

:mrgreen:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:08 pm

hey Lowry you lifted that clip!

That's not me anyway. WAY too calm.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Quahogs wrote:Regardless of what this walking hump does your ass is dropped this Sunday you poisonous toad turd.
C'mon Steve...tell us how you really feel!

I am sorry, bro. That just sucks swamp water.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Note to self- Do not start James McDonald or Erik Bedard when wearing number 42....
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm

I know there is usually a backlash and naysayers when thinking about changing an NFBC rule....
That said, I'll put this one out there for comment anyway...
And I'll put this in capitol letters, THIS IS NOT FOR THIS YEAR, just so there's no misunderstanding...

But with the proliferation of injuries each of the last few years, what about a tweak in the eligibility rules in granting a player eligibility in a position after five games at a position during the current year.
This would give some owners positionality quicker for some players and also enable them to sort players rather than replace them.
If strongly urged by NFBC folks, the 20 games from the previous year rule could also be changed to 10.
Just a thought in dealing with injury....
On my tombstone-

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Quahogs wrote:hey Lowry you lifted that clip!

That's not me anyway. WAY too calm.
That I did my friend. And you're right, it was good for a laugh. Thanks KJ. ;)

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Pirates keeping an eye on James McDonald

by Ed Gauna | CBSSports.com

(5:58 pm ET) Pirates starter James McDonald is 1-2 with a 5.27 ERA through his first three starts and his velocity was noticeably down in his previous outing.

Despite his struggles, the right-hander told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Tuesday that injuries have not led to his slow start.

“I'm fine,” McDonald said. “It's just one of those times when my body just doesn't feel too well, and I have to battle through it. My body feels a little beat up. Long road trip, coming back here, I've got to get adjusted to the workload I'm putting on myself.”

Manager Clint Hurdle said the club has no plans on skipping McDonald but will continue to monitor his progress.

“Is he 100 percent on top of his game? No,” Hurdle said. “He's not feeling anything that he doesn't think is manageable. It's perplexing to some degree. We'll have the trainers and our strength and conditioning guy continue to monitor some stuff. We'll try to evaluate this day-by-day"

COMMENTS

Comment by CBS Viewer Steve Jupinka-

Long road trip? That's the best you got for dicking my pitching stats all to hell!?
'Get adjusted' in the locker room or bullpen, you piece of crap!
I have a reputation to uphold and you bitch and moan about a long road trip and your 'adjustments'.
I may as well have drafted Ronald McDonald to pitch!
Thanks a lot you big turd!

Editors reminder- Use of profanity is not allowed on these boards. Mr. Jupinka is walking a fine line and his posts will be scrutinized in the future.
On my tombstone-

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Quahogs wrote:boy did you bone me goooooood... :evil:

OMG. Classic. F***ing all-timer of a rant. Love it. THAT is hilarious. Still laughing at that! Think we can all relate to that anger.

For what it's worth, last year around this time AJ Burnett had, I believe it was, an 11 EArnies start. I know because I was squarely on the ledge after that start. He finished ok. Don't think he knocked out any of my top players though. Bad start plus injuring another top player is called, I believe....if this were the game show Press Your Luck...a "Double Whammy!"

No Double Whammies!!!!!!!

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:22 am

B. Maurer 6 ER in 1/3 IP
E. Bedard 6 ER in 2/3 IP
It sounded like a good idea at the time!
How dumb am I?

Team ERA 4.314.

Subtract out that ONE combined IP...Team ERA a cool 3.45.

At this point McDonald would be a welcome swap.

gpchurchill

Post by gpchurchill » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I know there is usually a backlash and naysayers when thinking about changing an NFBC rule....
That said, I'll put this one out there for comment anyway...
And I'll put this in capitol letters, THIS IS NOT FOR THIS YEAR, just so there's no misunderstanding...

But with the proliferation of injuries each of the last few years, what about a tweak in the eligibility rules in granting a player eligibility in a position after five games at a position during the current year.
This would give some owners positionality quicker for some players and also enable them to sort players rather than replace them.
If strongly urged by NFBC folks, the 20 games from the previous year rule could also be changed to 10.
Just a thought in dealing with injury....
vote yes

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Champ:

Having lived through Boggs, Bedard, and Bud Norris over the last week.........

Freeman, Greinke, Reyes on multiple teams.

Laughing, didn't seem an option. Something about hearing The Champ go on a rant
managed a sly grin. For that, my friend, I Thank You! ;)

ps: Add to that that Pigs are Flying - Massotto is leading me in the MTM Super! When will it end?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Sack wrote:
ps: Add to that that Pigs are Flying - Massotto is leading me in the MTM Super! When will it end?
A picture of Mr. Sack Magner after checking the MtM Super standings this morning. "There's no reason to go on."

We'll miss you Ken. :(