Daveclum

Re: I'm a Whore for Four!

Post by Daveclum » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:10 pm

I'll take the last slot. Dave Clum

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Daveclum wrote:I'll take the last slot. Dave Clum
Fantastic! Thanks. Looking forward to drafting with everyone tomorrow.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:

Mike
Mike, please confirm that this is the league. If this is correct, Tom will sign all 15 owners up right now and you guys will have until midnight tonight to set your KDS preferences. The draft spots will be posted tomorrow morning and you guys can start drafting at 1 pm ET. Just confirm this list with Tom:

.Mike Massotto
2.Marc Perlmutter
3.Dan Setlock
4.Leonard Ringle
5.Jeff Tudor
6.Darren Wasney
7.Dan Semsel
8.Norm Kent
9.Robert Zidonik
10.Kirk LeValley
11.Marty Strege
12.Mike Mager
13.Mike Cameron
14.Mike Pfaff
15.Dave Clum

Good luck all and let Tom sign everyone up. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Bronx Yankees wrote:

Mike
Mike, please confirm that this is the league. If this is correct, Tom will sign all 15 owners up right now and you guys will have until midnight tonight to set your KDS preferences. The draft spots will be posted tomorrow morning and you guys can start drafting at 1 pm ET. Just confirm this list with Tom:

.Mike Massotto
2.Marc Perlmutter
3.Dan Setlock
4.Leonard Ringle
5.Jeff Tudor
6.Darren Wasney
7.Dan Semsel
8.Norm Kent
9.Robert Zidonik
10.Kirk LeValley
11.Marty Strege
12.Mike Mager
13.Mike Cameron
14.Mike Pfaff
15.Dave Clum

Good luck all and let Tom sign everyone up. Thanks.
Yes, lock and load! We are good to go. 8-) Everyone be ready to rock at 1 p.m. Eastern time tomorrow. If I don't have your cell number already, make sure you either email or PM me. I am also going to send out an email about this via the league. Hope everyone is as pumped about getting this one going as I am! :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Corleone

Post by Corleone » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Great work guys, super fast draft. Should wrap up in the next few minutes.

The Duker

Post by The Duker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:25 pm

This was definitely so much more satisfying then the stretched out and agonizingly long waits in the eight hour draft stores.
I mean there was times taking fifteen minutes made me feel guilty, but having done the eight hour drafts, i think the express four hour version keep you more focused....And the draft had some quite skilled players who keep you guessing....Thanks..
surprised that we have not seen more people wanting in on this, maybe its too early?
Norm 'Duke' Kent

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Phenomenal group with special kudos going out to all the newbies who had their Fast DC cherries popped in this one. :mrgreen: They hung in there with my incessant texting, prodding, baiting, and an occasional smattering of ball-busting to get this one done in about four days and a few plus hours. Not sure if I have another one in me just yet, but if the "Drive for Five" is there, I'll but it together as we get closer to the season. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

DukeDean

Post by DukeDean » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:34 am

Is there be enough Jive for Five?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 am

DukeDean wrote:Is there be enough Jive for Five?
I want to thank Mike, KJ and Dan for running these Fast Drafts. They have done an amazing job and we really do appreciate how they fill these and make them fun. Yes, they are fast, but more importantly they are fun and very competitive.

I've had some phone conversations with people who want more of these if possible and I agree. This isn't the right weekend for me, but soon I think I'll actively push for a Fast Draft in which if nobody else has time to take the lead we will do that. We will stay on top of that league, keep things rolling and keep the Chat alive if needed. If someone else can do that, perfect, but if not we shouldn't rely on our customers to fill these. The NFBC staff should do that.

So great suggestion to start another one soon. If anyone can take the lead on the next one that would be great, but if not let's roll one out next week and find 15 like-minded individuals to hammer out a league in 5 days or so. Sound good?

Again, thanks Mike, KJ and Dan for leading the charge on these.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Greg,
I've entered a lot of 'regular' DC's this year. One of the reasons is too provide testimony to those disliking slower drafters, that fast/slows are the best.
There are obstacles with newer folks.
Some don't have access to the MB's or don't check in a lot.
Some ask, if they are so wonderful, why aren't there signups for them?
Others think that fast/slows have a four hour clock and are worried about the overnight.
Yet others think that only the best players play in these drafts.
Which is a little bit wacky, reminding them that Mikey and I run most of them.

The drafters that do participate all love them.
I haven't heard from one drafter who hasn't.
They beat 'regular drafts' by a wide margin.
The pace is wonderful, the chat even better.
Some who participate, swear they wouldn't participate in another type of DC again.
For those reading this and wanting a faster paced draft, believe me, you'll love it.
And if getting Mikey to be the facilitator, then all the better.
Enjoy them. Everybody else has.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

mbendar16

Post by mbendar16 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:40 pm

These fast/slows are all about the like-mindedness and respect the 15 drafters in each league have for each other.

I was in "MTM Draft 4". I don't think I took more than 15 minutes for any pick. I knew what I was getting into and for sure didn't want the wrath of MTM for any of my picks. :mrgreen:

However, this will be my only DC of the season. I had a week timeframe where I was able to be on the clock throughout the day, which isn't and won't be the case for me throughout the rest of the DC season.

I wish there were 15 like-minded drafters that wanted a normal to slow DC during the weekday and a fast/slow on weeknights and weekends. This could be another option, or I could be in the minority, which I expect I am.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:20 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg,
I've entered a lot of 'regular' DC's this year. One of the reasons is too provide testimony to those disliking slower drafters, that fast/slows are the best.
There are obstacles with newer folks.
Some don't have access to the MB's or don't check in a lot.
Some ask, if they are so wonderful, why aren't there signups for them?
Others think that fast/slows have a four hour clock and are worried about the overnight.
Yet others think that only the best players play in these drafts.
Which is a little bit wacky, reminding them that Mikey and I run most of them.

The drafters that do participate all love them.
I haven't heard from one drafter who hasn't.
They beat 'regular drafts' by a wide margin.
The pace is wonderful, the chat even better.
Some who participate, swear they wouldn't participate in another type of DC again.
For those reading this and wanting a faster paced draft, believe me, you'll love it.
And if getting Mikey to be the facilitator, then all the better.
Enjoy them. Everybody else has.
Great stuff, Dough...especially that last part about the facilitator! :mrgreen: All true of course, and more great ones to come. As a matter of fact, I feel another one coming on now! :D