Uh Oh Update

Dyv

Uh Oh Update

Post by Dyv » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:19 pm

Uh Oh, may be fine value yet....

Mark Prior:

Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild told the Chicago Sun-Times that Mark Prior threw 10 to 12 pitches from the mound Sunday, including some curveballs, and the inflammation in Prior's right elbow is almost gone. After getting the status of Prior's elbow Monday morning, Rothschild will map out a training schedule for him. He's likely to pitch a simulated game soon. Barring any unexpected setbacks, Rothschild said Prior will start sometime in April.

Barry Bonds:

Giants outfielder Barry Bonds is expected to return to camp by Tuesday to begin a rehabilitation program after undergoing a second operation on his knee last week. Bonds tried to work himself into playing shape with increasingly strenuous workouts, but his knee may not have been ready for that much stress, and this time around, he will resume a normal progression in his rehab, the Associated Press reports.
Just Some Guy

KJ Duke

Uh Oh Update

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

Uh Oh, may be fine value yet....

Mark Prior:

Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild told the Chicago Sun-Times that Mark Prior threw 10 to 12 pitches from the mound Sunday, including some curveballs, and the inflammation in Prior's right elbow is almost gone. After getting the status of Prior's elbow Monday morning, Rothschild will map out a training schedule for him. He's likely to pitch a simulated game soon. Barring any unexpected setbacks, Rothschild said Prior will start sometime in April.

Barry Bonds:

Giants outfielder Barry Bonds is expected to return to camp by Tuesday to begin a rehabilitation program after undergoing a second operation on his knee last week. Bonds tried to work himself into playing shape with increasingly strenuous workouts, but his knee may not have been ready for that much stress, and this time around, he will resume a normal progression in his rehab, the Associated Press reports. Now this would be more my idea of high risk/ high reward action ... although both are risks I didn't want to take. But GL Dyv.

seefer

Uh Oh Update

Post by seefer » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Dyv, so sorry to hear about your emergency. I have 2 little girls myself and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Now, with the Cubs... you cannot trust one thing that they say about their injured guys. Remember last year with Prior and Wood? My question with Prior is, if he is feeling so much better, why just 10 to 12 pitches? And which is it - 10 or 12? Can't trust a single word from them.

Dyv

Uh Oh Update

Post by Dyv » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Originally posted by seefer:

Dyv, so sorry to hear about your emergency. I have 2 little girls myself and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Now, with the Cubs... you cannot trust one thing that they say about their injured guys. Remember last year with Prior and Wood? My question with Prior is, if he is feeling so much better, why just 10 to 12 pitches? And which is it - 10 or 12? Can't trust a single word from them. lol - thanks for the thoughts, Seefer - my 3 little girls control my life far more than fantasy baseball ;)

As for the Cubs - just shut up, lol - they are being honest and Prior will win the Cy Young... leave me to my dreams!

Seriously - this is a lot more like the guy whistling down the hallway to pretend he's not afraid than me feeling good about those picks yet

Dave
Just Some Guy

bjoak

Uh Oh Update

Post by bjoak » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:46 pm

What, what, what? It sounds like these come from espn. Gekko will get you for using a name brand site.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Dyv

Uh Oh Update

Post by Dyv » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:56 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

What, what, what? It sounds like these come from espn. Gekko will get you for using a name brand site. Nope, ESPN's read like this:

Bonds (knee) is expected to rejoin the Giants in spring training on Tuesday and begin his next rehab, the Associated Press reports.

Bonds admittedly pushed too hard in his last rehab. He'll take it slower this time, under the watchful eye of Giants trainer Stan Conte.

Prior threw 10 to 12 pitches off the mound Sunday, including some curveballs, and the inflammation in his right elbow is almost gone, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Pitching coach Larry Rothschild will find out Monday morning how Prior's elbow is feeling before mapping out his training schedule -- a simulated game is likely in the near future -- but the fact that Prior threw without pain Sunday, after playing catch the previous two days on flat ground, bodes well. Prior still has to get back to throwing his breaking ball routinely without having the elbow inflammation return. The Cubs believe the arm snap he uses to deliver his curve is connected with his elbow pain, so he's not out of the woods yet.
Just Some Guy

JohnZ

Uh Oh Update

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:24 pm

FYI....

Bonds was at camp today. We were at that game and he ran sprints in the OF during 7/8th innings.

Cubs vs Mil Tue.

Wood and Prior are on the hitlist of my friends who are really into collecting autographs. We'll get there at 10am...

Dyv

Uh Oh Update

Post by Dyv » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Originally posted by UFS:

FYI....

Bonds was at camp today. We were at that game and he ran sprints in the OF during 7/8th innings.

Cubs vs Mil Tue.

Wood and Prior are on the hitlist of my friends who are really into collecting autographs. We'll get there at 10am... Sprints you say? Sprints? Ahh... I love it

Dyv
Just Some Guy

JohnZ

Uh Oh Update

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:36 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

quote:Originally posted by UFS:

FYI....

Cubs vs Mil Tue.

Wood and Prior are on the hitlist of my friends who are really into collecting autographs. We'll get there at 10am... Sprints you say? Sprints? Ahh... I love it

Dyv
[/QUOTE]Yes, we even walked over to 1b side to make sure it was him. We met Rueter and his wife after he pitched a good (meaningless) game.

Grissom and Alou each hit shots about 440 to Left-center for dingers.