NFBC Slow Drafts To Start Monday

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:13 am

Sorry for the delay folks, but we will kick off three NFBC Slow Drafts on Monday. Right now we are making small adjustments to the DraftPractice.com interface and will be done with those shortly. We are checking the position eligibilities and making some minor adjustments that NFBC owners noticed last night.

www.draftpractice.com will be open for testing all weekend long and we hope everyone checks it out and gets used to the software and the Draft Board. We could start the drafts today, but it's tough to support the leagues completely over the weekend. It's best to do this on Monday and let everyone enjoy the weekend of football games and fun with the family. As you can see the software is ready and it just needs some minor tweaks.

Just a reminder for these Slow Drafts that owners will receive emails after each pick. But we've also implemented something new where owners can receive a text message after each pick straight to their mobile device to let them know when a pick is made and who's on the clock and on deck respectively. Enjoy.

We don't have everyone signed up yet for the third $150 Slow Draft or KDS preferences emailed to me. Please do that online and send your KDS choices to me at [email protected]. Deadline is end of today. I'll announce that draft order on Monday and we'll try to kick that league off on Monday afternoon or Tuesday.

So we have three leagues ready to go. I need to get the two leagues that Dan hosted via email set up in the Registration system and entered. Then we need to keep filling up more Slow Drafts. Let the season begin!!! Hallelujah, we are almost there.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:28 am

Sounds good. If they are actually going to start on Monday, can we set a time so guys are ready to pick?

Enjoy the weekend, I think the software looks awesome!

Thanks
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:35 am

Originally posted by WINSTON'S EMPIRE:

Sounds good. If they are actually going to start on Monday, can we set a time so guys are ready to pick?

Enjoy the weekend, I think the software looks awesome!

Thanks I'm shooting for 11 am CT. Be ready to make that Pujols pick then!! :D Oh, and get ready for 5-10 inches of snow this weekend in Neenah!! Ouch.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:43 am

I know isn't that crazy, but I will have more time inside studying and changing my mind back and forth on that Pujols pick!
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Post by 751542 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:27 am

just watch out for chimney fires!!
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Originally posted by WINSTON'S EMPIRE:

I know isn't that crazy, but I will have more time inside studying and changing my mind back and forth on that Pujols pick! After all the back and forth crap you stirred up, you better pick Pujols first, or I may personally have to come out to Wisconsin and deal with you in a uniquely Jersey way :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Sorry for the delay folks, but we will kick off three NFBC Slow Drafts on Monday. Right now we are making small adjustments to the DraftPractice.com interface and will be done with those shortly. We are checking the position eligibilities and making some minor adjustments that NFBC owners noticed last night.

www.draftpractice.com will be open for testing all weekend long and we hope everyone checks it out and gets used to the software and the Draft Board. We could start the drafts today, but it's tough to support the leagues completely over the weekend. It's best to do this on Monday and let everyone enjoy the weekend of football games and fun with the family. As you can see the software is ready and it just needs some minor tweaks.

Just a reminder for these Slow Drafts that owners will receive emails after each pick. But we've also implemented something new where owners can receive a text message after each pick straight to their mobile device to let them know when a pick is made and who's on the clock and on deck respectively. Enjoy.

We don't have everyone signed up yet for the third $150 Slow Draft or KDS preferences emailed to me. Please do that online and send your KDS choices to me at [email protected]. Deadline is end of today. I'll announce that draft order on Monday and we'll try to kick that league off on Monday afternoon or Tuesday.

So we have three leagues ready to go. I need to get the two leagues that Dan hosted via email set up in the Registration system and entered. Then we need to keep filling up more Slow Drafts. Let the season begin!!! Hallelujah, we are almost there. So how do we go about getting these text reminders to our mobile devices? Do we need to send our cell numbers et al to you in advance?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:13 am

Baseball Furies - I would surely deserve a good beating, but the longer I have to wait and study, the harder it gets. Have you done any mocks yet? Drafting from the #1 slot kinda sucks. I was hoping some of the nicked up middle infielders would drop, not happening.
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Don M

Post by Don M » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:47 am

Why are they 10 team leagues? Can we change to 15 team and can we store our player ranking?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:18 am

Storing player rankings is a must for those who draft often.

Not a necessity for slow drafts, but when drafting with a minute on the clock, the minute will be used searching, rather than thought of who to take.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 am

Originally posted by Don M:

Why are they 10 team leagues?Don, choose 'NFBC STYLE'.

[ December 11, 2010, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:27 am

Originally posted by Baseball Furies:

quote:Originally posted by WINSTON'S EMPIRE:

I know isn't that crazy, but I will have more time inside studying and changing my mind back and forth on that Pujols pick! After all the back and forth crap you stirred up, you better pick Pujols first, or I may personally have to come out to Wisconsin and deal with you in a uniquely Jersey way :D [/QUOTE]I don't think you want to come to Wisconsin to ring Max's neck just now. We're getting 10-14 inches of snow today. I don't think I could even reach Max and I'm 45 miles away. Keep shoveling Max. It's supposed to end sometime tomorrow.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:29 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Storing player rankings is a must for those who draft often.

Not a necessity for slow drafts, but when drafting with a minute on the clock, the minute will be used searching, rather than thought of who to take. Yes, I'm pretty sure you can store your own rankings and load them into the software. Geoff will provide all of these user tips for folks once we get rolling. We have a lot of people who do multiple online drafts, so loading in your own rankings is key. Look for more details soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:16 am

Drafting Starts in 18 hours 44 minutes... Yahoo!!!
Cubs Fan Since 1987

poopy tooth

Post by poopy tooth » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Winston's Empire - the only concern is injury. It's a no-brainer...until that elbow or heel problems act up :D

Just messing with you! Good luck!

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:26 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by poopy tooth:

[QB] Winston's Empire - the only concern is injury. It's a no-brainer...until that elbow or heel problems act up :D

Amen to that! Injury is a concern, so I plan on going with "Old Reliable" JD Drew with that pick now! Isn't he in a contract year?
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Lawrence Liebman

Post by Lawrence Liebman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Greg,

I'm not sure when you'll launch the draft, but since I can't get in to hit the autopick button, could you please put Albert Pujols on my team with the first pick, so I don't hold things up.

Thanks.

Scott Liebman

Gates

Post by Gates » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:45 pm

HI

Please note that I will be away from the computer when my turn come in both drafts starting tomorrow around 11am. Please text me at the following number with the names of players picked before my turn, 514-869-7570.

Thanks

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Nevadaman

Post by Nevadaman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 am

Are we still starting today?