NFBC Site Update Thread

Return of the Aces

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Return of the Aces » Sat May 08, 2010 9:40 am

We need live scoring for double-headers. I am sure that it was mentioned before. We had it last year. Add the name twice and show the stats.

Return of the Aces

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Return of the Aces » Sat May 08, 2010 12:25 pm

The first games of the doubleheaders have been removed from live scoring. Based upon prior experience, I am sure and hope that the stats will be reflected eventually, but what is the point of showing totals when they are clearly not complete?

Money

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Money » Sat May 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Good luck with this one.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Return of the Aces:

The first games of the doubleheaders have been removed from live scoring. Based upon prior experience, I am sure and hope that the stats will be reflected eventually, but what is the point of showing totals when they are clearly not complete? I think this has been discussed before. This is how STATS displays the scoring of each game of a doubleheader in Live Scoring.

Of course they will be included in team stats tomorrow.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Return of the Aces

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Return of the Aces » Sat May 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Return of the Aces:

The first games of the doubleheaders have been removed from live scoring. Based upon prior experience, I am sure and hope that the stats will be reflected eventually, but what is the point of showing totals when they are clearly not complete? I think this has been discussed before. This is how STATS displays the scoring of each game of a doubleheader in Live Scoring.

Of course they will be included in team stats tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]I recall the stats showing both games last season on live scoring. For doubleheaders, it showed the players name twice with the stats from each game. If it could be done last season, why can't it be done here?

Glenneration X

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Glenneration X » Sat May 08, 2010 2:07 pm

When do you think we'll be able to switch between multiple teams from the Live Scoring page instead of having to go through the My Teams page?

I thought this was close a couple weeks back.

Glenn

Money

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Money » Sat May 08, 2010 3:21 pm

On yahoo stat tracker you can click from team to team. In the event of a double header the players name is listed once and thats days entire stats accumalate, so it is possible.
Joe

Gekko

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Gekko » Sat May 08, 2010 3:36 pm

somebody uses Yahoo

RichV

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by RichV » Sun May 09, 2010 3:32 am

Originally posted by Oaktown:

quote:Originally posted by E:

quote:Originally posted by Sebadiah23:

That all sounds great Greg.

The only other thing I miss is from the Stats live scoring feature, where it sorted by category of where you currently stand. This could be accomplished on the current live scoring by making the columns sortable . Sorry if this is a repeat but I find myself constantly scanning my opponents for stats that I'm close to, when a sort could give my two retinas a rest.

Thanks for all of the awesome new features coming out.

-Craig
I agree with you 100%--having this feature would upgrade the site tremendously in my opinion.
[/QUOTE]This is a must, a daily feature most people use that we don't have a month into the season. Live scoring loses so much value when you can't look by category and see your movement for the day in each cat.
[/QUOTE]Perhaps you should just have IT take a look at CBS's live stats, and copy their league standings that's at the bottom. Your choice of YTD points, stats, and rank, daily stats. All sortable by category, and perhaps my favorite feature of CBS's live stats..the DAILY TREND.

E

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by E » Sun May 09, 2010 3:51 am

I think CBS Sports live stats page is the best in the industry by far. There are so many features that are great. The live sortable stats plus the way they display the live stats of each individual player are among my two favorite features. I also like how they also display the score of a game on the same page so when you look at your pitcher, you can see whether he is winning or losing as opposed to the incomplete pitcher of just knowing his stats.

jaybvl

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by jaybvl » Sun May 09, 2010 3:52 am

When will we be able to view our team's MLB YTD Stats???

It is now week 7.

Thank you!

Oaktown

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Oaktown » Sun May 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

quote:Originally posted by Oaktown:

quote:Originally posted by E:

quote:Originally posted by Sebadiah23:

That all sounds great Greg.

The only other thing I miss is from the Stats live scoring feature, where it sorted by category of where you currently stand. This could be accomplished on the current live scoring by making the columns sortable . Sorry if this is a repeat but I find myself constantly scanning my opponents for stats that I'm close to, when a sort could give my two retinas a rest.

Thanks for all of the awesome new features coming out.

-Craig
I agree with you 100%--having this feature would upgrade the site tremendously in my opinion.
[/QUOTE]This is a must, a daily feature most people use that we don't have a month into the season. Live scoring loses so much value when you can't look by category and see your movement for the day in each cat.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Any update here? Thanks
[/QUOTE]Any thoughts on this? Seems to be something a lot of people are asking about.

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 09, 2010 1:11 pm

I've already said the two things I'm pushing to get done is:

MLB YTD stats

Overall Standings by periods, sortable by categories

Those two first.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon May 10, 2010 11:28 am

Just saw the "Free Agent Quick" option.

AWESOME!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Red Sox Nation

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Red Sox Nation » Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

AWESOME! Agreed. Nice option
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

AWESOME! What is that? I don't even know what that is. Let me know and I'll spread the word.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Red Sox Nation

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Red Sox Nation » Mon May 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

AWESOME! What is that? I don't even know what that is. Let me know and I'll spread the word.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

It's under Transactions - Free Agent Quick. It's a one page consolidated look at all positions sorted by alphabetical order. It looks like a cheat sheet. You can bid right from the page.
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Tom Kessenich

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 am

MLB Year To Date statistics are now available on the NFBC team stats page. Sorry for the delay with this and thanks to everyone for their patience as we got this set up.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Plymouth

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Plymouth » Fri May 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

MLB Year To Date statistics are now available on the NFBC team stats page. Sorry for the delay with this and thanks to everyone for their patience as we got this set up. All right! That is great, thank you guys!

rmaysey

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by rmaysey » Sun May 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Agree with the overall leaderboard by category and time period--great that this is coming.

Also, are we going to be able to view the rosters of teams in the main event that are not in our league?

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 17, 2010 3:08 am

Originally posted by rmaysey:

Agree with the overall leaderboard by category and time period--great that this is coming.

Also, are we going to be able to view the rosters of teams in the main event that are not in our league? I'm not sure why some folks can click on the owner's link and see rosters and others can't. I can click on the league link and see the league standings easily, but I'm also struggling to get the team rosters to load for me. I'll ask IT again to look into this for us and get this right.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Glenneration X » Sat May 22, 2010 6:09 am

Hey Greg....how are we doing on the Live Scoring Toggle and the Period Stats? Coming soon?

Also curious about a couple other less critical items that we had last year....Lifetime Standings & Top 2 list for every league. Not critical at all, but really interesting to follow. I remember checking it out last year and seeing Quahogs about 50 times.

Glenn

Fourslot40

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:04 am

Not sure if this has been brought up but when I access the live scoring in Google or IE, while on the live scoring page I am unable to select 'my teams' to check the live scoring for my other league.

I have to go to a different page and then change leagues. Again, not a priority because of the work around but just thought to bring it up.

Thanks.

Money

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Money » Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 am

I also have a suggestion. On the free agent pages it would be nice if you could click from a players stats to his upcoming schedule for the following week. I know you're working on getting stats separated by period, possibly the ability to look at the upcoming weeks schedule could happen at the same time. This would especially help with Pitchers.

Thanks.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Site Update Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Fourslot40:

Not sure if this has been brought up but when I access the live scoring in Google or IE, while on the live scoring page I am unable to select 'my teams' to check the live scoring for my other league.

I have to go to a different page and then change leagues. Again, not a priority because of the work around but just thought to bring it up.

Thanks. This is No. 2 on the list. Totally agree.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius