WHAT NEEDS FIXED (In less than one week!)

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 pm

My BIGGEST issues are as follows (biggest meaning they MUST be done and VERY SOON!)....

1) INTERNET EXPLORER IS USELESS with FanBall! That is a MAJOR problem in my opinion that MUST be fixed in the next week. You can't see the graphical side of things AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, you cannot even access the available players under player stats.

2) The FAAB system. Does ANYONE have an idea how this is going to work??? Shouldn't we (with one week before the season) be able to start entering bids on players on those leagues that have been loaded??? Is this even going to work on Internet Explorer??

3) The fact that this first FAAB session is OVER EASTER WEEKEND! Yes, I know that isn't Fanball's fault, but keep in mind many people will be traveling this weekend, and it would be nice if everything was UP AND RUNNING by Thursday of Friday. I know I personally won't like it if on Easter Sunday I am having to run from the dinner table or away from family to see if Ican finally enter bids at the midnight hour! :mad:

This of course has NOTHING to do with all the roster errors that seem to be occuring! :eek:

I have always respected the efforts of Greg and Tom, and Geoff Stein has been spectacular through all of this (withstanding the blows while Greg and Tom were running the live events). However (like someone else said) hard work and dedication only goes so far, and eventually you have to HAVE RESULTS. The NFBC/NFFC has ALWAYS produced results, but since this merger with Fanball, EVERYTHING (besides getting out draft results) always has a "it will be a couple days" attached to it only to turn into more days or even weeks. Well there are literally only "a couple days" to get all this straight.

I really hope that the "Fanball tech crew" gets it together and QUICKLY, or there is going to be anarchy on these boards.

On the flip side, it could be worse.....

we could have the problems of the WCOFB. :eek:

[ March 28, 2010, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: billywaz ]

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Yes, I too am really hoping they get it together. I, unfortunately, have some experience with Fanball's 'tech team' being on their football service for the past 4-5 years and I do not have good things to report unfortunately...

As far as I'm concerned, if the problems were solely limited to internet explorer functionality, I wouldn't be that concerned.. Firefox, Opera, etc are all free, easy to install, and if that's all it was to have everything running, no biggie..

My biggest concern is that I have drafts that have been complete for weeks and they're not loaded... They were supposedly supposed to be loaded "by the weekend" Well, it's Sunday night and still no lineups...

I guess we just cross our fingers and hope it all gets done. One thing I do know, now that all the live events are settled, Greg & Tom should be able to pull focus on this issue up front and my guess is that will help make a big difference...

Jon

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Originally posted by DrDobs:

As far as I'm concerned, if the problems were solely limited to internet explorer functionality, I wouldn't be that concerned.. Firefox, Opera, etc are all free, easy to install, and if that's all it was to have everything running, no biggie..

I disagree, as I think this is a HUGE deal. First, I can't login to the message board on the Firefox side, so I should have to flip browsers back and forth if I want to post on the boards and do FAAB?

Next, I don't like the layout on Firefox. Maybe it's just because I have always had IE, but I shouldn't have to change my browser.

I'll do whatever has to be done, but I'm just hoping that I am not constantly "missing" STATS, as all in all, they were very good! :D

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm not saying it's "ok" that it doesn't work with Internet Explorer, IE owns what? About 80% of the browser marketshare? Clearly it should work well with IE first before all others..

However, rather than a complete disaster on our hands, if everything works with another browser, fine.. What's most important is that we have our teams loaded, can set our lineups, run FAAB, and stats are counted correctly... That is the basis of the entire process...

You should download Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/) and give it a fair shake - in the end, I really don't care that much which browser I use, but I find that one to be pretty nice..

Jon

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:04 pm

i got a sneak peek at what is powering the new FAAB system...

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:35 am

Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by DrDobs:

I disagree, as I think this is a HUGE deal. First, I can't login to the message board on the Firefox side, so I should have to flip browsers back and forth if I want to post on the boards and do FAAB?

Next, I don't like the layout on Firefox. Maybe it's just because I have always had IE, but I shouldn't have to change my browser.

I'll do whatever has to be done, but I'm just hoping that I am not constantly "missing" STATS, as all in all, they were very good! :D
[/QUOTE]Billy, an FYI Bud.....I downloaded Firefox last night after reading this thread. The graphical side now does appear, thanks for the head's up ;) .

A head's up for you though....

I was able to log-in to the Message Board with the Firefox browser. I can't tell you why you couldn't, but it's not a Fanball thing. Maybe it's your settings.

Catch you soon...

Glenn

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by DrDobs:

[/QUOTE]Billy, an FYI Bud.....I downloaded Firefox last night after reading this thread. The graphical side now does appear, thanks for the head's up ;) .

A head's up for you though....

I was able to log-in to the Message Board with the Firefox browser. I can't tell you why you couldn't, but it's not a Fanball thing. Maybe it's your settings.

Catch you soon...

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Yea, recently changed my username/password that could be the problem. I'm sure it could be a quick fix.

Thanks!

Nutty Scrats

Post by Nutty Scrats » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 am

Just one person's opinion here but one shouldn't have to download another type of browser to use a web site. This is plain wrong! The web site should work with all browser's especially internet explorer. That being said I use IE for the online draft this weekend and it work well.
Ed

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:57 am

Originally posted by Nutty Scrat:

Just one person's opinion here but one shouldn't have to download another type of browser to use a web site. This is plain wrong! The web site should work with all browser's especially internet explorer. That being said I use IE for the online draft this weekend and it work well. Yes, I think we all agree that it *should* work with all broswers however..... I would rather have a working system with an alternate browser than no working system at all at this point....

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:11 am

I use Firefox at home but have to use IE at work. I have no choice and cannot download another browser. It's a big problem if our teams cannot be managed by using IE as I'm sure others are in the same situation.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:52 am

Originally posted by Jules Winnfield:

I use Firefox at home but have to use IE at work. I have no choice and cannot download another browser. It's a big problem if our teams cannot be managed by using IE as I'm sure others are in the same situation. Agreed. Not being able to use IE would not be acceptable.

mjdillon

Post by mjdillon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:11 am

A problem bigger than IE not working is not having the rosters loaded from the Main Event 1st weekend in Las Vegas.... When will this be done?

matt25112

Post by matt25112 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:51 am

Originally posted by mjdillon:

A problem bigger than IE not working is not having the rosters loaded from the Main Event 1st weekend in Las Vegas.... When will this be done? Couldn't agree anymore, while the IE is an issue, being that these leagues are weekly lineup I could live with another browser for a week or 2 until the problem is ironed out. On the other hand the hold up on the rosters being loaded and the glitches need to be resolved.

Someone needs to work some overtime to load those rosters. I understand the engineering problems need to be fixed the right way and do unfortunately take time (time is up soon) but loading rosters? That just means there is just not enough help there or something? I can help if you need help (you shouldn't).

This is my first year in the NFBC and I love the format and the people here seem great but we need a little assurance here, maybe some more updates on what exactly is going on I think we deserve that. My rinka dink teams are all set to go but the only team I care about still isn't even loaded 15 days later. I have faith in you guys but it is getting close and I am another easter weekend traveler here that is getting worried about this.