NFBC Announcements

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Announcements

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:51 am

Just some real quick points for everyone:

1) For Las Vegas drafters, our room block at the Rio ends next week, so if you still plan to stay at the Rio anytime from March 17-20, get your room now. Prices are $139 Wednesday-Thursday and $219 Friday-Saturday. Call 888-746-6955 and say you are with the Fantasy Sports Conference. You can stay anywhere you want and we are releasing all of our unused rooms back to the hotel next week.

2) We will have two weekly e-mail newsletters for people starting next week. We are creating an NFBC weekly newsletter for all NFBC players that will include updates on the event, weekly results, etc. That will be exclusive to NFBC members. Then we'll have a fantasy sports newsletter called the Fantasy Informant that goes out to anyone who opts in for it. Right now are list is over 20,000 as Fantasy Sports Magazine has been doing this for years. But the opt-in button on the home page here has expanded our list. Look for that next week if you've already given us your e-mail address.

3) Early bird giveaways are pretty much through. I've given away over 100 items and I'll try to send an autographed photo of Ryne Sandberg or Pete Rose to the next few signups. Thanks to everyone who signed up early.

4) I haven't updated the goodie bags recently, but trust me we are accumulating product. USA Today Sports Weekly just told me today that they are giving away copies of their Fantasy Baseball Draft Issue when you sign up at the NFBC. We also have product from Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck and Donruss coming your way, and hopefully something from McFarlane Sports. We'll get that updated soon.

5) Auction Leagues. We're lagging a bit for the auction leagues, so if you're serious about competing in them please let me know. I think we'll limit each city to one AL and one NL Auction League, so don't wait too long.

6) Golf. We already have 12 consumers and about 20 industry executives for the Friday golf event in Las Vegas. We have 36 spots reserved, but can get more. Shotgun start begins at 8 a.m. and I'll have a bus from the Rio to Angel Park Golf Club and back for everyone. Cost is $135 per person.

7) Weekly Prizes. I'll have an update on this soon. Don't worry, we'll give a top prize to the top overall NFBC player per week and it will be a nice autographed memorabilia from a top industry company. Just need to finalize that.

That's it for now. Thanks everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Sack

NFBC Announcements

Post by Sack » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:22 pm

Top notch Greg - glad I came on board early. Sorry to hear that the Auctions are dragging, I think that is going to be the most fun.

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Announcements

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:37 pm

I think we'll still have auction leagues in each city, but I certainly understand why everyone wants to go for the big prize. The Auction Leagues were added because we know how many people play that way and they were an added bonus to what should be a fun, fun weekend. We'll get there once spring training kicks in.

While I'm on this thread, one more thing:

1) Early signups should have gotten their first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine in the mail this week and that includes co-managers. If you didn't get it, don't fret as more than 100 were sent out from our offices here on Thursday. You'll get them next week and our Draft Day issue will arrive in your mailboxes by around March 1.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

chi town here we come

NFBC Announcements

Post by chi town here we come » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:44 pm

thanks greg ....once again on top of everything as always :eek: :eek: :eek:

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Announcements

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:01 am

Just a quick update on the Rio rooms in Las Vegas: We will have our room block available through Wednesday, Feb. 18 at $139 Wednesday-Thursday and $219 Friday-Saturday. After that it is $240 and $360 per night. Thanks and just reserve your room by Wednesday night if you want to stay at the Rio. If not, that's fine and we'll see you at the Welcome Reception and/or the draft.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius