New Navigational Bar For NFBC & NFFC Pages

Greg Ambrosius

New Navigational Bar For NFBC & NFFC Pages

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 am

On Tuesday the IT team installed a new top navigational bar for all of the SportsHub Technologies products, which includes the NFBC and NFFC. You can see an additional bar that was added at the top that now gives you direct links to all of the SportsHub Games in the family, which we now call the SportsHub Games Network. This will allow to easily get to CDM Fantasy Sports, Fanball daily games, WhatIfSports, LeagueSafe and our other properties. We hope to add more in time, so this is an easy way to navigate through our games system.

The transition went smoothly, but some owners did notice a big black bar at the top when this launched on Tuesday and we created a fix for that yesterday. That shouldn't be there now, but if for some reason you do have any issues the best thing to do is to update your operating system. Here's a few thoughts on some potential problems:

1) Customer is using Internet Explorer. IE is no longer supported by Microsoft. Customers should either use Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox
2) Customer is using a chromebook and their Chrome OS is not updated to the latest version. Have the customer upgrade their Chrome OS.
3) Customer is using an iPad / iPhone and their iOS is not updated to the latest version. Have the customer upgrade their iOS.
4) Customer is using an Android Tablet and their Android OS is not updated to the latest version. Have the customer upgrade their Android OS.

We have heard from some customers who have been using Internet Explorer and are now having troubles with the NFBC site. The latest version of IE -- IE11 -- was launched in 2013 and is no longer supported by Microsoft. If you need to use a Microsoft product please download Microsoft Edge because IE is no longer supported by us or Microsoft. It's time for a faster, better, safer, more reliable browser for your computer.

If you find any other problems, please contact me at [email protected] or Tom at [email protected]. Thanks and good luck in the second half of the season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Re: New Navigational Bar For NFBC & NFFC Pages

Post by Wolfpac » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 pm

The player search box that was near the top right corner is now gone.

WIll NFBKC be a link as well on the top navigational bar?

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:19 am

What a disaster!! Turn it off until it works. Thousands of players shroud not have to update OS and Browsers to get it to work. Each page is filled with at least 5 bars of links and advertising at top and bottom. Get the pages to load faster and where we do not have shrink our browsers to show more data, especially the Free Agent pages.

Black boxes on all but a the Midori Browser and my chrome. Been Dicking around with this for over an hour and I'm a IT guy.

you should not have dumped this on all of us without thoroughly testing it.
Attachments
screenshot-playnfbc.sportshubtech.com-2018.07.20-06-08-13.png
screenshot-playnfbc.sportshubtech.com-2018.07.20-06-08-13.png (144.43 KiB) Viewed 3117 times
screenshot-playnfbc.sportshubtech.com-2018.07.20-06-09-20.png
screenshot-playnfbc.sportshubtech.com-2018.07.20-06-09-20.png (146.25 KiB) Viewed 3117 times

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:15 am

The search function for all players that was put at the top of the screen earlier this year and was very helpful is now gone? I assume that is coming back right away? Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Oaktown wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:15 am
The search function for all players that was put at the top of the screen earlier this year and was very helpful is now gone? I assume that is coming back right away? Thanks.
Yes, we will get that box back. The new navigational bar covered it and now we have to move it to a new spot. Once I know exactly where that is I will post. Sorry about that.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:41 pm
Oaktown wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:15 am
Yes, we will get that box back. The new navigational bar covered it and now we have to move it to a new spot. Once I know exactly where that is I will post. Sorry about that.
Thanks Greg!

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:30 am

This new bar is pretty annoying. You should at least make it so that we have to click on the icons for the menus to show up. 99.9% of the people on the NFBC website want to stay on there, not go somewhere else and this new bar makes the navigation even more complicated. As soon as we scroll over an icon at the top, this giant menu shows up.

On another note, you should also make that bar a lot narrower and same thing for all the menus. It makes no sense that when I go on the My Teams page, I have to scroll down to actually see my teams:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (180 KiB) Viewed 2976 times

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:36 am

and that's on a pretty high resolution. If I put my computer at 1024 x 768, the navigational bar, menu and page title cover half of the page.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:16 am

It is ass backwards.
We're here to play in an NFBC League.
When scrolling over Standings, Transactions, etc., a list should appear. Instead, we click on them first.
If interested, we click on other SportsHub events to make them appear. Instead, they pop up when scrolling over them.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!