Wilson Ramos' stats for Period 8 look incorrect in Cutline

TRAIN

Wilson Ramos' stats for Period 8 look incorrect in Cutline

Post by TRAIN » Mon May 30, 2016 3:25 pm

PERIOD 8
Hitters
Starters........ Pos PointsAB R H HR RBI SB

Ramos, Wilson C.. 3..... 22.. 3. 6.. 2.. 5.. 0

The system is only giving him 3 points for period 8.

If I have calculated correctly, he should have 30 points for Period 8.

Asumijet

Re: Wilson Ramos' stats for Period 8 look incorrect in Cutli

Post by Asumijet » Mon May 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Strasburg's Cutline points for last week are also inaccurate.
Neal Moses

meanguy

Post by meanguy » Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm

It makes it more fun not knowing the real scores. Maybe I'm doing better than I think?

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Mon May 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Just checked Strasburg for Period 8. The system credits him with 27 points - but he actually had 43.6 points.

I wonder how many more players have incorrect points. There needs to be better quality control on the accuracy of stats.

If I had not noticed Ramos, would this problem just go unnoticed and the whole contest be bogus?

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 pm

TRAIN wrote:Just checked Strasburg for Period 8. The system credits him with 27 points - but he actually had 43.6 points.

I wonder how many more players have incorrect points. There needs to be better quality control on the accuracy of stats.

If I had not noticed Ramos, would this problem just go unnoticed and the whole contest be bogus?
there's two other threads on this. They know.

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Mon May 30, 2016 9:21 pm

In that other thread, Tom said:
Tom Kessenich wrote:This should be fixed now and all stats for yesterday have been re-run.
If it is fixed now and all stats have been re-run, why are the stats for some of the players in the Cutline still inaccurate?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 am

TRAIN wrote:Just checked Strasburg for Period 8. The system credits him with 27 points - but he actually had 43.6 points.

I don't follow my team's day-to-day stats at all until the final weeks of the season. I would be interested in the NFBC's response to your last question as it relates to all their contests

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Tue May 31, 2016 6:12 am

Just checked the Cutline stats for Period 8 and they are still showing Ramos with 3 points and Strasburg with 27 points.

Let me preface what I am going to say by saying that this is not meant to be personal to either Tom or Greg. It is strictly business.

It pisses me off that a high stakes contest like this doesn't have better quality control.

We as players heavily depend on the accuracy of the stats that you provide. We don't have the time to check every single player on our teams to see if the points are correct.

Yet, it seems that the only time we find out about inaccuracies is when one of the NFBC participants happens to notice that the stats don't look correct.

So, regarding this weekend:

What caused the problem?

Did it affect just Period 8?

How is it that only some players' points are inaccurate and others are accurate?

Why is the Cutline for Period 8 still not correct?

What quality controls do you have in place?

Why has this thread not been addressed yet?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 7:54 am

TRAIN wrote:In that other thread, Tom said:
Tom Kessenich wrote:This should be fixed now and all stats for yesterday have been re-run.
If it is fixed now and all stats have been re-run, why are the stats for some of the players in the Cutline still inaccurate?
All stats were to be updated overnight, which is why you were still seeing miscalculations last night. We will look through the Period 8 Cutline scoring now to make sure everything was updated correctly.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 am

Period 8 was not corrected overnight for Ramos and Strasburg.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 am

TRAIN wrote:Just checked the Cutline stats for Period 8 and they are still showing Ramos with 3 points and Strasburg with 27 points.

Let me preface what I am going to say by saying that this is not meant to be personal to either Tom or Greg. It is strictly business.

It pisses me off that a high stakes contest like this doesn't have better quality control.

We as players heavily depend on the accuracy of the stats that you provide. We don't have the time to check every single player on our teams to see if the points are correct.

Yet, it seems that the only time we find out about inaccuracies is when one of the NFBC participants happens to notice that the stats don't look correct.

What caused the problem?

How is it that only some players' points are inaccurate and others are accurate?

I'm looking at the Player Stats for Period 8 and Strasburg shows 45 points:

Strasburg, Stephen (WAS) Da Giant Bums C8 9 12.2 10 2 15 4 0 3 45

Wilson Ramos shows 30 points:

Ramos, Wilson (WAS) Merrimac Taverns 260 22 3 6 2 5 0 30

Where are you seeing these scored differently?

It's fine that you're upset but to say we only find out about these issues when a customer tells us isn't overwhelming news. You guys live on Live Scoring, so when someone texts me in the middle of the afternoon to tell me Live Scoring has frozen I immediately contact IT and we get on it. We don't have these issues every day, but sure enough they sometimes happen on a holiday weekend and it takes a bit to get fixed.

I don't know why Live Scoring froze on Sunday afternoon. All I know is that once they got it fixed it worked for the Sunday night game but those stats from the games still going on when Live Scoring froze in the afternoon didn't generate overnight. We had to re-run Sunday's stats for all hitters and pitchers yesterday afternoon and chose not to update overall standings during Monday's games because we didn't want any other issues to come up. We waited to update all overall standings with the Sunday updated stats last night, which is why you were still seeing incorrect stats on Monday night.

Everything should be correct now. If you see anything wrong let me know ASAP, but we'll keep double checking.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 am

TRAIN wrote:Period 8 was not corrected overnight for Ramos and Strasburg.
Shoot me an email with your name and team and I'll look specifically. I'm at [email protected]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 9:17 am

We are going to re-run Period 8 scoring again this morning. Look for updates shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Tue May 31, 2016 11:52 am

Greg - This 2nd re-run of Sunday's stats that you just did made quite a difference in the Overall Standings points in the Cutline.

Why did it not work when you re-ran the stats overnight and you thought that everything was correct then?

What changed between last night's re-run and the 2nd re-run you did this morning? If you had not done the 2nd re-run, the standings would have been incorrect.

Period 8 now looks correct with Ramos and Strasburg.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue May 31, 2016 12:12 pm

TRAIN wrote:Greg - This 2nd re-run of Sunday's stats that you just did made quite a difference in the Overall Standings points in the Cutline.

Why did it not work when you re-ran the stats overnight and you thought that everything was correct then?

What changed between last night's re-run and the 2nd re-run you did this morning? If you had not done the 2nd re-run, the standings would have been incorrect.

Period 8 now looks correct with Ramos and Strasburg.

Train - maybe they can keep rerunning the stats until we move up to first overall

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Tue May 31, 2016 12:22 pm

Gekko - Wouldn't that be great.

I have lost some faith in the STATS computer system and will be checking my teams' stats a lot more closely from now on.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue May 31, 2016 12:56 pm

TRAIN wrote:Gekko - Wouldn't that be great.

I have lost some faith in the STATS computer system and will be checking my teams' stats a lot more closely from now on.

As someone who doesn't chack stats until much later in the year, I thank you for doing the dirty work. Right or wrong, I expect the stats company to get everything correct

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Tue May 31, 2016 6:25 pm

TRAIN wrote:Just checked the Cutline stats for Period 8 and they are still showing Ramos with 3 points and Strasburg with 27 points.

What caused the problem?

Train, I liked that you said this wasn't personal re Greg and Tom. They put their heart and soul in this. But there are only so many hours in the day.

Everything else, I guess I have a different perspective. While this is high stakes gaming, the software only serves a few thousand customers. It's not like they have a budget to develop super wonderful software that millions of people are contributing to. I think it remarkable that the software runs so well, especially for the new Cutline game.

Regarding safeguards, one of the best in my mind are fellow players. Everyone is so into this, that in the end, I highly doubt anything ever gets by, even when there is an occasional slip up. It will get fixed, it always does.

Nothing personal. Just another way of looking at things.

Rainiers
- Robert

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:18 pm

I have Stras on one cutline and Ramos the other and I have to say thank you to the guys that are on top of the scoring.
Im not going to lie, I am one of those guys that just assumes the stats will be correct. So to the guys that stay on top of these things THANK YOU!

steve