MLBC Contract League 2015 (DC) January 3, 10am Slow Draft

Glenneration X

Re: MLBC Contract League 2015 (DC) January 3 Slow Draft

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:05 pm

brucepucci wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:
ALL-IN JD wrote:MOUTHS=FANTASY BASEBALL=FANTASY FOOTBALL=BLACKJACK during live drafts!! :-)
Well...ummm...yeah. They gotta eat too!!! :mrgreen:

But seriously, no matter how you, my boy Rockit, Pausma, Matt, Rog, etc. etc. are trying to get me to spend this year, I've learned a better way. Watching Pucci go for both a cash spot and MOY two years running (though falling a touch short) has convinced me that's the best path to ROI. You guys will have to find another sucka to fund this prize pool this year. ;)

This is how I see it playing out.....

1. KJ Duke - After last year, learned that the middle ground is nowhere to be. Back to spending huge this year.
2. Roger Martin • Dough - With Doughy just a consultant, Rog is freed of the spending shackles. Spending huge this year.
3. Alan Greenberg • Jeff Dobies - Ummm, as always spending huge this year.
4. Matt Anderson - Was a huge spender even before the championship. Will spend huge yet again this year.
5. Shawn Childs - Spent huge last year. Fleming is probably a silent partner. Will spend even huger (is that a word?)
6. Bruce Pucci - After 2 years running of falling short in his MOY & cash aspirations.... Will bite the bullet & spend huge.
7. Dave Shovein - Bored with his annual MOY attempts, will spend huge this year.
8. David & Joe Anthony - Joe finally wins out on the strategy decisions. Spends huge this year.
9. Bill Fearon - Spends huge this year.
10. Ken Norred - Takes some of that Platinum cash and spends huge this year.
11. Paul Weber - Spends huge this year.
12. John Pausma - Flush with NFFC Primetime cash, spends huge this year.
13. Ted Cohan - Spends huge this year.
14. Eric Albright - Spends huge this year.
15. Glenn Lowy - MOY.
I won MOY last year! :D
Ummm.... well that doesn't quite fit in with the narrative we're trying to accomplish here Bruce. So let's just say amongst us that you finished runner up in MOY last year. :mrgreen:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 pm

I predict the same thing will happen (again).
Glenn will start out cheap.
This gives him the illusion that he is fooling the other 14 drafters.
Glenn likes thinking he is fooling 14 other drafters.
Then, as in the past, he will look at his team and type that he LOVES his team to the 14 other drafters.
He then cries...."WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!"
"How could I have done this to myself!" "My team looks like shit!"
It is then that Glenn starts spending money. He tells the others how much he has fooled them.
While screaming to his computer, "I still got time to fix this!"
And, he'll spend. Pulling away from the cheapies. Never catching the big spenders. Pucci territory.
But Pucci planned for it. Glenn did not.
And at the end of the year, Glenn will send out congratulations and say that he's learned his lesson.
"I've learned that I have to spend more, earlier!"
Then, football happens. Glenn forgets what he said.
He goes back to declaring cheapivity (that's a word! Look it up, dammit!) thinking he's fooling 14 other drafters.
And that is where we are now (and again)
Glenn Lowy, Bill Murray. Bill, Glenn.
.Just funnin' with ya, Glenn :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I predict the same thing will happen (again).
Glenn will start out cheap.
This gives him the illusion that he is fooling the other 14 drafters.
Glenn likes thinking he is fooling 14 other drafters.
Then, as in the past, he will look at his team and type that he LOVES his team to the 14 other drafters.
He then cries...."WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!"
"How could I have done this to myself!" "My team looks like shit!"
It is then that Glenn starts spending money. He tells the others how much he has fooled them.
While screaming to his computer, "I still got time to fix this!"
And, he'll spend. Pulling away from the cheapies. Never catching the big spenders. Pucci territory.
But Pucci planned for it. Glenn did not.
And at the end of the year, Glenn will send out congratulations and say that he's learned his lesson.
"I've learned that I have to spend more, earlier!"
Then, football happens. Glenn forgets what he said.
He goes back to declaring cheapivity (that's a word! Look it up, dammit!) thinking he's fooling 14 other drafters.
And that is where we are now (and again)
Glenn Lowy, Bill Murray. Bill, Glenn.
.Just funnin' with ya, Glenn :D

Crazy! It's like he KNOWS you Glenn :lol:
Always be closing.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:19 pm

LOL Doughy....ya just about nailed it!!!

The one difference is the only person I actually think I'm fooling when I start out these drafts going the "cheapivity" route is myself. :? (PS....yes I agree that should be a word. :D ) I start out so confident in my MOY dreams. However, each and every year once the draft gets to around the 5th round or so, where you other MOY drafters are drafting and lauding each other for drafting AA prospect types that are going in the 50th round of early DC drafts and that I've never heard of :shock: , I usually realize that I am way out of my league trying the MOY route. That's when the cries of "WHAT HAVE I DONE?????" usually resound through my household and I quickly shift gears. :(

This year though will be different. I will come to this draft armed with the BHQ Minor League Handbook, the Baseball America Prospect Handbook, John Sickels top 100 prospect rankings, and just in case Gekko is a secret partner with Pausma again....the Official Guide to Japanese League Baseball. :mrgreen:

I cannot and will not fail in my MOY aspirations and dreams. (Well, at least until the 5th round again. :D )

All joking and BS aside, I can't wait 'til this draft. Always one of the most unique and enjoyable experiences of the draft season, both due to the format and those who take part.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Truth be told, this Saturday is a very poor one for me in opening up this draft. Is this Sunday possible? Any other folks in the same boat as I of Saturday not working out really well?
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Ando wrote:Truth be told, this Saturday is a very poor one for me in opening up this draft. Is this Sunday possible? Any other folks in the same boat as I of Saturday not working out really well?
We can just start slower than otherwise if that helps Matt.

Likewhat17

Post by Likewhat17 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Saturday works fine for me. Any idea when we can get draft order? May alter which way I decide to play this 8-)

KJ Duke

Re: MLBC Contract Lg 2015 (DC) January 3, 10am Slow Draft

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:43 pm

We need everyone to register quickly (today or tomorrow at the latest) so we can get KDS setup and draft order determined in the next few days. Let's set a KDS deadline of Wednesday night, so we'll have draft slots on Thursday morning. There is a link on the main registration to sign up and pay the $125 NFBC fee for this league near the bottom of the pull down menu (see MLBC - PRIVATE).

p.s. If Matt and/or others aren't quite ready to be a full go on Saturday we can slow-pick Frankie style ☻ so not many picks go off on Day 1.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 pm

As a reminder, since we are going with a standard KDS draft slot selection this year, lower draft slots will be rewarded as follows in Rounds 30 and 31 (the first 2 rounds when players are free). Set your KDS and plan accordingly ...

Draft slot:
#15 picks 1st and 13th
#14 picks 2 and 14
#13 picks 3 and 15
#12 picks 4 and 16
#11 picks 5 and 17
#10 picks 6 and 18
#9 picks 7 and 19
#8 picks 8 and 20
#7 picks 9 and 21
#6 picks 10 and 22
#5 picks 11 and 23
#4 picks 12 and 24
#3 picks 25 and 26
#2 picks 27 and 28
#1 picks 29 and 30

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I am good until about 3:30 cst, then out of pocket.

My wife knows about this draft. I explain it to her every year. She knows I get "up" for this one, regularly staying up 1 to 2 hours later at night than I normally do. I impress her every year with my ingenious methods in order to try to obtain the MOY. :lol:

My point is that she's a cool cat. She gets that I need this vice in order to survive. She is equally as accommodating in allowing me to do as I please with drafts and team management in the season. We have plans this Saturday. I told her this draft was kicking off Saturday and she gave me "that look". :lol: She doesn't give me "that look" very often. So, just bumping y'all that I won't be around much after 3:30 cst on Saturday. Sorry about that, but maybe we can knock off 2-3 rounds before then.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Ando wrote:I am good until about 3:30 cst, then out of pocket.

My wife knows about this draft. I explain it to her every year. She knows I get "up" for this one, regularly staying up 1 to 2 hours later at night than I normally do. I impress her every year with my ingenious methods in order to try to obtain the MOY. :lol:

My point is that she's a cool cat. She gets that I need this vice in order to survive. She is equally as accommodating in allowing me to do as I please with drafts and team management in the season. We have plans this Saturday. I told her this draft was kicking off Saturday and she gave me "that look". :lol: She doesn't give me "that look" very often. So, just bumping y'all that I won't be around much after 3:30 cst on Saturday. Sorry about that, but maybe we can knock off 2-3 rounds before then.
That works Matt, we'll manage so you don't cross too far over the line of any wife boundaries. :mrgreen:

KJ Duke

Re: MLBC Contract Lg 2015 (DC) January 3, 10am Slow Draft

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:41 am

KJ Duke wrote:We need everyone to register quickly (today or tomorrow at the latest) so we can get KDS setup and draft order determined in the next few days. Let's set a KDS deadline of Wednesday night, so we'll have draft slots on Thursday morning. There is a link on the main registration to sign up and pay the $125 NFBC fee for this league near the bottom of the pull down menu (see MLBC - PRIVATE).

p.s. If Matt and/or others aren't quite ready to be a full go on Saturday we can slow-pick Frankie style ☻ so not many picks go off on Day 1.
Greenberg and Norred, please register now so Tom can setup league.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Duke - if you could remove my email addy from the league distribution, it would be appreciated. Thx

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Wasnt sure if u were in with paus or not.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Once Ken Norred signs up everyone will be registered. I have to run KDS manually for this league and I'll do my best to get it done Thursday morning. Since that's New Year's Day and I'm going to a party to watch the Badgers Bowl Game on Thursday morning I hope everyone will have some patience if I don't get to it right away on Thursday. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Once Ken Norred signs up everyone will be registered. I have to run KDS manually for this league and I'll do my best to get it done Thursday morning. Since that's New Year's Day and I'm going to a party to watch the Badgers Bowl Game on Thursday morning I hope everyone will have some patience if I don't get to it right away on Thursday. :)
He's on the road Tom, will get it done later today.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Ando wrote:I am good until about 3:30 cst, then out of pocket.

All good Matt, w/ no Mr. Fleming this yr we'll gladly wait for you pal :mrgreen:

I mean sure Glenn's gonna do HIS THING but we can't expect him to set an MLBC franchise salary record this yr...CAN WE ?
:lol: :twisted: :o
Always be closing.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:15 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:Once Ken Norred signs up everyone will be registered. I have to run KDS manually for this league and I'll do my best to get it done Thursday morning. Since that's New Year's Day and I'm going to a party to watch the Badgers Bowl Game on Thursday morning I hope everyone will have some patience if I don't get to it right away on Thursday. :)
He's on the road Tom, will get it done later today.
Wait. They have parties in Iola???
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:00 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Wait. They have parties in Iola???
Of course Doughy, though it may not quite be Times Square.....

NYC as the ball drops at midnight tomorrow.

Iola at the same time. :shock: (That's Tom in the shades.)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:04 am

If only I could dance that well.

OK, everyone has registered so set your KDS today. I'll do everything in my power to run KDS tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote: OK, everyone has registered so set your KDS today. I'll do everything in my power to run KDS tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone. :)
New years', schmoo years', it's draft season, that's all that matters.

My apologies Dough, if I stole that line from you. :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:19 am

The draft order is posted on team pages
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:30 am

and a Happy New Year to you Tom! :D

Team Anderson 1
PACO THYME 2
Team Anthony 3
EA Sports 4
Dynamic Inertia 5
Glenneration X 6
KJ Steinbrenner 7
Team Pausma 8
Bama mlbc 9
The Bru Crew 10
Team fearon 11
Team Cohan 12
Team Childs 13
ALL-IN Contract 14
Team Martin 15

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:26 am

Am I up yet

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Rog wrote:Am I up yet
Soon come Rog mi amigo 8-)

We stopped makin' pizzas over here at Anthony Bro's hours ago, we ready :twisted:

Do I spy 3 big spenders all bunched up together (Glenn/KJ/JP) :o

Can't wait...what a way to kick off the New Year :D
Always be closing.