Roto Snips

76erfan

Re: Roto Snips

Post by 76erfan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm

dont feel disrespected....just think writing the phils off cuz they appear old(but have gotten younger) is a mistake. thats all.

the phillies debated bourn..but didnt want to be paying him for his speed when he is say 35 or so. legs are the first to go right with age? not like he had power....nothing to lose there.

I agree with the earlier thought that bourn is a nice piece for a contender...lot of money to spend for a team still putting together its plan to succeed in future. but we dont know contract details.....surprised its taking this long. Gotta love Boras.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

76erfan wrote:dont feel disrespected....just think writing the phils off cuz they appear old(but have gotten younger) is a mistake. thats all.

the phillies debated bourn..but didnt want to be paying him for his speed when he is say 35 or so. legs are the first to go right with age? not like he had power....nothing to lose there.

I agree with the earlier thought that bourn is a nice piece for a contender...lot of money to spend for a team still putting together its plan to succeed in future. but we dont know contract details.....surprised its taking this long. Gotta love Boras.
The Mets are saying they won't sign him if they have to forfeit their first round pick. I believe that is part of the reason its been held up... and Boras. I believe the Mets will end up signing him to 3 years. And to me, considering every guy similar to him, that has signed, it is very reasonable.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 pm

My favorite Ben Revere stat from last year...

Revere had 511 at bats in 2012.
He had 32 rbi.
Only one of those rbi scored from first base.
The others were all in scoring position.
He is judier than Juan Pierre and that's not a nice thing to say about anybody :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:24 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:As I have stated previously, why rush and out overpay for Bourn when the Mets shrewdly got Marlon Byrd at a bargain basement price!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not clear what Byrd can do BUT the Mets could get Julio Borbon pretty cheaply from the Rangers

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Bourn to the Indians.

Move Cowgill up your boards

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm

LOL!!! And Marlon Byrd!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm

lol.....bourn in center.....stubbs and brantley in left i guess.

indians had a solid offseason

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Mets fans who didn't want to spend, got their wish. I am officially no longer a Mets season ticket holder. That ripping sound was me tearing up my renewal notice. Not going to pay until the Mets make an effort to put a team on the field. Right now, its embarrassing. Going to be an empty ballpark this year. They played the game and made an effort, but bottom line is, it wasn't enough. They had many opportunities to sign a MAJOR LEAGUE outfielder this offseason, and have decided that they are ok with a barely AAA awful outfield. The team is young and eventually, their good young pitching and prospects will allow them to contend. Until then, I might as well book a trip to Vegas every weekend to see a decent team play.. same difference.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 pm

I feel for you Alan. I am sure me and my fellow Yankee fans have room for you over here on the "dark side" :D :D :D

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 pm

room on phils bandwagon too

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:44 pm

76erfan wrote:room on phils bandwagon too
that was just uncalled for. the phils might be worse than the mets this season............ :mrgreen:

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 am

Maybe the Mets could get Stubbs now? :shock:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
76erfan wrote:room on phils bandwagon too
that was just uncalled for. the phils might be worse than the mets this season............ :mrgreen:
id take that bet every day of the week

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 am

Edwards Kings wrote:Maybe the Mets could get Stubbs now? :shock:
Wow, a baseball version of sloppy seconds!
On my tombstone-

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Edwards Kings wrote:Maybe the Mets could get Stubbs now? :shock:
Wow, a baseball version of sloppy seconds!
Or at least Dorito Dust!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 am

One more to add, only because of the thoughts evoked...

'Francisco Cervelli admitted Tuesday that he went to the Biogenesis clinic once for "suggestions" after suffering a foot injury in 2011, but was never given any performance-enhancing drugs by Anthony Bosch.
"I walked with away with nothing in my hands," said Cervelli '

Is it me, or is this one of the worst things a player can say?
It evoked thoughts of Bill Clinton saying, "I did not have sex with that woman!"
And yes, Mr. Clinton, fellatio counts.

"I walked with away with nothing in my hands,"
Mr. Cervelli, I'm guessing most players leave with nothing in their hands!
It's not WalMart for crissakes!
Most of these items are delivered in another way.
The general public knows that.

If that's the best you got in the way of denial, Mr. Cervelli, you should call a lawyer.
Now.
Last edited by DOUGHBOYS on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
On my tombstone-

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:39 am

He's no doubt pissed though, all that $ spent and doc gave him placebos !

Schwks

Post by Schwks » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:42 pm

BK,

Michael Bourn not signing caused you to give up your seasons? Michael Bourn? Here were his numbers post ASB last year:

.225 2hr 25 rbi 36 runs 17 sbs 5cs 81 strike outs .325 obp. You wanted to pay $12 mill per for 5 years and possibly pick number 11 in the draft for that?

Keep the faith in the brain trust...they are finally getting organization in order.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Schwks wrote:BK,

Michael Bourn not signing caused you to give up your seasons? Michael Bourn? Here were his numbers post ASB last year:

.225 2hr 25 rbi 36 runs 17 sbs 5cs 81 strike outs .325 obp. You wanted to pay $12 mill per for 5 years and possibly pick number 11 in the draft for that?

Keep the faith in the brain trust...they are finally getting organization in order.
It was 4 years and $12 million per season.. the 5th year was vesting, only if he had 550 plate appearances in his 4th year, which if he was able to have that many appearances, he would be worth the 5th year. This wasn't just about Michael Bourn... it was about every free agent and trade opportunity... it is the fact they could care less about winning this year, at all. I heard Sandy Alderson say today, in an interview on WFAN, that they didn't want to give Scott Hairston his 2 year, 5 million dollar asking price, because they thought they had "a chance" at Justin Upton, and didn't want to risk having "too many" outfielders... seriously? The D'Backs demanded Wheeler all along and the Mets were never going to trade him, so... its just a joke. Now they have NO outfielders.. I know Scott Hairston is nothing special, but still, he is a pro. Until the Mets attempt to field a professional team, I am not supporting the team. Sandy Alderson joked about his outfield, at the beginning of the offseason.. and did NOTHING to improve it. If having an organization in order is to field a pathetic team, with 2 players that deserve to be in a starting lineup, then they are right on track.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 pm

One more....

'Miguel Cairo is joining the Reds' front office'

He will serve as scout, assistant to the Assistant General Manager, Secretary, gofer, office boy, and work in the mail room.
He was signed because he can 'play' any position.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 pm

AWESOME!
A 'Worst shape of my life' blurb...

'Hyun-Jin Ryu struggled to make it through a conditioning workout Thursday in Dodgers camp, according to beat writer Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.'
On my tombstone-

whale4evr

Post by whale4evr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Trout reports at 240 compared with 210 last year.

Pro: Extra weight; won't wear down
Con: Extra weight; cut sb's in half

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 pm

whale4evr wrote:Trout reports at 240 compared with 210 last year.

Man, I thought he looked a little like a tank last year.
He must really be something now...
On my tombstone-

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm

whale4evr wrote:Trout reports at 240 compared with 210 last year.

Ehhh...what is 30 pounds amoung friends! Hammy's love the extra weight!

Charles Krauthammer

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Saw him on MLB channel interview with Hamilton and Pujos... He looked really chubby... Hamilton lost 20lbs and must have given it to Trout...