New York commuters. wireless web suggestions

Ratbeer

Post by Ratbeer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:25 pm

The phone contract in up. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a phone/blackberry that works well on the LIRR. Anyone using the iPhone? Getting the scores and stats on the train passes the ride nicely
Tommy B.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Originally posted by Ratbeer:

The phone contract in up. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a phone/blackberry that works well on the LIRR. Anyone using the iPhone? Getting the scores and stats on the train passes the ride nicely If your primary goal is mobile web browsing, go with Sprint and get yourself a Treo 755p or a Blackberry 8830. Sprint has a $15/month data plan that's far cheaper than Verizon or AT&T ($40/month on both).

Over the life of your two year contract, you'll have saved enough to enter a $650 NFBC Auction League.

RedRum

Post by RedRum » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Sprint's service is despicable...

I ride the LIRR and The Curve by either Tmobile or ATT is easily the best PDA you can get right now...

If you dont need to get your Enterprise Mail (work mail) then an Iphone works really nice although it is very expensive...
_ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _

Ratbeer

Post by Ratbeer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Thank you King of Q and RedRum. I am leaning towards the iPhone
Tommy B.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:31 am

Originally posted by Ratbeer:

Thank you King of Q and RedRum. I am leaning towards the iPhone One thing I did not mention:

I have both a Sprint Treo and an AT&T iPhone, and I would seriously recommend waiting for the 3G iPhone2.0 later this year. The web-browsing on the current iPhone is great, but only if you're in a wiFi coverage area. Otherwise, it's slow as shite and extremely frustrating to use.