New York League 2

Greg Ambrosius

New York League 2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:22 am

The New York main event will be held at the New York Sheraton Hotel & Towers on Saturday, March 21st starting promptly at 1 p.m. EST with 8 leagues. Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for New York League 2:

NEW YORK LEAGUE 2

1. Glenn Schroter, Whitestone, New York

2. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey

3. Pete Lukowicz, Manalapan, New Jersey

4. Joe Kruk, Levittown, New York

5. John Paolucci, White Plains, New York

6. Eddy Betancourt, Woodhaven, New York

7. Joe Lano, Garfield, New Jersey

8. Winston Sapigao, Flushing, New York

9. Scott Greengold, Holtsville, New York

10. Roy Ericson III, Wayne, New Jersey

11. Joe Anthony, Cary, North Carolina

12. Leonard Ringle, New York City

13. Ari Benjamin, New York City

14. Leif Lasagne, Bronx, New York

15. Dan Mitlof, Congers, New York
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

New York League 2

Post by King of Queens » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:25 am

Psyched to get #1, but man, this is a tough league.

Top Dawg

New York League 2

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:27 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Psyched to get #1, but man, this is a tough league. King - I can't believe how many of the top lifetime players are in this league. I would trade my number 3 for a number 14/15 in almost any other league. Unreal. Next year I will be in a "telephone" league, and that's if you guys don't totally destroy the tiny bit of confidence I got from being lucky last season.

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

edelman24

New York League 2

Post by edelman24 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 am

wow...in between Glenn and Pete this should be fun...

Roy's Outlaws

New York League 2

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 am

Nobody said it was going to be easy, this is the NFBC. At least 7 main event league champs,Auction league champs,satellite league champs,mag league champ.10 player in this league ranked in the top 250 lifetime,4 in the top 50. This is going to be one hell of a league. I think 7 all nighters and i will be ready. good luck all and see you in 7 days.

baggler

New York League 2

Post by baggler » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:59 am

Yeah tough competition...gonna have to throw adp out the window and try to screw Glenn and Mike before the turn anyhow..good luck to all

Roy see you at the auction on friday....

Glenn are we still on for saturday night...with Waz and Diesel ?
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"- "Fortune favors the brave"

billywaz

New York League 2

Post by billywaz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:34 am

Originally posted by Baggler:

Yeah tough competition...gonna have to throw adp out the window and try to screw Glenn and Mike before the turn anyhow..good luck to all

Roy see you at the auction on friday....

Glenn are we still on for saturday night...with Waz and Diesel ? Looking forward to seeing you, and am ready for a great time Eddy!!

Better sharpen up your beer pong skills!! :D

King of Queens

New York League 2

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Getting ready for next Saturday:

BaseBrawler

New York League 2

Post by BaseBrawler » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 am

Whats up everyone.... Looking forward to the draft.

Hey Roy I dont know if you remember but I bet you a dollar last year saying kalil Green would be a 20 80 80 guy ... I was wrong ( by a lot) so ill have to dollar at the draft LOL

Love me some beer pong! NICE!

[ March 15, 2009, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: TheFoot ]
The Foot Moves swiftly and silently ....THEN KICKS YOUR BUTT!

Roy's Outlaws

New York League 2

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:09 am

Hello Foot, I'll be waiting for the dollar,but it buying power from last year too now is down to around 75 cent,just enough to buy a shot of beer at the Sheraton(maybe).Green might have a shot at those numbers this year in ST. Louis. We all miss on some projection every year,I made alot bigger bet with a friend that last year Tulowitski whould hit 35 HR and we know how that turned out.not good for me. See you in a few days.

JerseyHitman

New York League 2

Post by JerseyHitman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey Guys, I am a newbie here and have pick 7. Been taking in all the chat about how tough this league is...thats just great! I guess I will find out how good (or bad) I am here in NYC league 2. Looking forward to draft day and meeting you all, see you there.

King of Queens

New York League 2

Post by King of Queens » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Originally posted by JerseyHitman:

Hey Guys, I am a newbie here and have pick 7. Been taking in all the chat about how tough this league is...thats just great! I guess I will find out how good (or bad) I am here in NYC league 2. Looking forward to draft day and meeting you all, see you there. Hi Joe, welcome to the NFBC. Without a doubt, this is the best competition you will ever face in fantasy baseball.

See you on Saturday.

Top Dawg

New York League 2

Post by Top Dawg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:59 am

Originally posted by JerseyHitman:

Hey Guys, I am a newbie here and have pick 7. Been taking in all the chat about how tough this league is...thats just great! I guess I will find out how good (or bad) I am here in NYC league 2. Looking forward to draft day and meeting you all, see you there. Jersey - I see you are from Garfield. I grew up there,on Jewel St near Lanza Ave. That seemed like light years ago, but I still had some good times there. Team #2 is from (or at least was from) Elmwood Park. Their family owned a bakery I went to many, many times (named after their family name). I'll bet it's still in business.

This should be a good league. Anyone can get lucky with picks and the health of their players. I almost did not come back last year after finishing my worst year in 2007. With some luck I came in 11th overall. Pick 7 is a sweet spot to be in. Good luck.

Pete

BaseBrawler

New York League 2

Post by BaseBrawler » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Hey Guys Great and challenging draft. There wasnt left much left at the end. Id like to thank team 5 John from whiteplains for taking atleast 3 player we wanted right before we picked. LOL

I want to wish everyone the best of luck.

Signed ...Eddy Betancourts partner LOL

Top Dawg

New York League 2

Post by Top Dawg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:56 am

Agreed - Fun draft, but nobody was falling to anyone. If you wanted a player, you had to reach. That is especially true for anyone at either end of the draft (first 3 and last 3 teams). Not sure what I was thinking on about 3 picks, but that's life. Wishing us all well and hoping the $100K check comes to a player from NY2. We deserve it.

Pete

JerseyHitman

New York League 2

Post by JerseyHitman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:56 am

My first NFBC draft was just what I expected, rough. Kicking myself for a few guys I passed on but overall pretty happy with my team. Can't wait for the season to start!

BaseBrawler

New York League 2

Post by BaseBrawler » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 am

Hey Joe you just had the best and worst experience of the year . The best being the draft and the worst listening to Roy LOL. Now all you have to do is manage the team ...

2 draft day bets were made for 1 dollar each. Just posting them to remember.

I bet roy 1 dollar Papelbon will have more saves then Rivera.

I bet Eddy 1 dollar Adam Dunn will hit 50 Homers.( its a reach but i have a gut feeling)

Eddy Betancourts partner !lol

baggler

New York League 2

Post by baggler » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:33 am

Yeah great draft....we reached alot but those were the guys we wanted and knew that the ADP's meant **** in a league draft of this sort.

Anyhow it will be interesting to see how it plays out.. I wish everyone good luck in the hunt for 100,000 not as good as our's though...lol

ok..ok...Mike Wilson is my partner and without him we would have never won a main event league in 2007...his Carlos Pena pickup put us over the top. yadayadayada

Mike Wilson is my partner !!!

There I said it twice are you happy ?

King of Queens

New York League 2

Post by King of Queens » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:40 am

Eddy, it's time to come clean. Everyone knows that DIESEL was responsible for that win in 2007.

Roy's Outlaws

New York League 2

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:50 am

hey joe, they just don't understand it's a Jersey thing.I not going to take the Foot or the Badders to D.P.'S anytime soon. The worst all time happen to Eddie and Mike last year sitting next to Fandango all day. mike I can't even come close to that.(unless I drink a bottle of Southern Comfort) then it would be ugly. Good Luck all and Please let the games begin.....I CAN'T WAIT

baggler

New York League 2

Post by baggler » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Glenn..low blow.....okay here's another

Marc (DIESEL) had the mojo...and without him we wouldn't have won our 2007 main event team along with Mike Wilson the brains behind Frozen Ropes...I am nothing but a figure head

Glenn Marc probably convinced you that HE was the reason we won our WCOFF football auction league too and I had nothing to do with it....

I get no respect.....

[ March 29, 2009, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Baggler ]

BaseBrawler

New York League 2

Post by BaseBrawler » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:18 am

Nice ....Thanks Eddy. Thats the first time in a long time that mike Wilson and Brains have been put in the same sentence.